Bike Cruise - Island hopping Kvarner Bay
REDUCTIONS & SUPPLEMENTS:
- adult on 3rd bed in a triple cabin – 30%
- children under 10 years – 50%
- single use of cabin +50% (except season A, in other seasons avoid by sharing)
EXAMPLE MODELS OF RENTED BIKES:
Size: 15"(Extreme Red/Black/Extreme White), 17", 19", 21", 23"(Temple Grey/Author Yelloy/Extreme White)
Frame: alloy 6061 26"
Front fork: RST Gila TnL oil, lock out (100 mm) Headset: FSA Integrated 1-1/8"
Transducer: SUNTOUR XCR-V3-T414 44-32-22 teeth 170 / 175 mm cranks
Bottom bracket: SUNTOUR XCM cartridge
Lever key: SHIMANO Acera (34.9)
Converter: SHIMANO Alivio
Gear control: SHIMANO Acera (27)
Freewheel: SHIMANO HG-20-9 11-32 (9)
Chain: SHIMANO HG-53
Cartridges: QUANDO 32 holes
Brakes: TEKTRO 837AL
Brake levers: SHIMANO Acera
Rims: AUTHOR Xenon black 32 holes
Spokes: black steel
Tyres: AUTHOR Trail Master 26" x 2.00"
Pedals: AUTHOR alloy / resin Handlebars: KALLOY 15 mm 620 / 640 mm
Grips: AUTHOR high density foam
Stem: KALLOY alloy Seatpost: KALLOY alloy (31.6)
Sleeve: AUTHOR (34.9)
Bike seat screw: AUTHOR alloy QR
Seat: AUTHOR Mega Top
Number of gears: 27
Weight: 13,3 Kg / 19"
Size: 16", 18" Frame: alloy 6061 26" (L)
Front fork: RST Capa T (80 mm)
Headset: FSA Integrated 1-1/8"
Transducer: SUNTOUR XCT-V2-302 42-32-22 teeth 170 mm cranks
Bottom bracket: SUNTOUR XCM cartridge
Lever key: SHIMANO M190 (34.9)
Converter: SHIMANO Acera
Gear control: SHIMANO Altus (24)
Freewheel: SHIMANO HG-31-8 11-32 (8)
Chain: KMC Z72 Cartridges: QUANDO 32 holes
Brakes: TEKTRO 837AL
Brake levers: SHIMANO Altus
Rims: AUTHOR Xenon 32 holes
Tyres: AUTHOR Spanker 26" x 1.95"
Pedals: AUTHOR NonSlip resin
Handlebars: KALIN steel 20 mm 620 mm
Grips: AUTHOR high density foam
Stem: ZOOM alloy
Seatpost: ZOOM alloy (31.6)
Sleeve: AUTHOR (34.9)
Bike seat screw: AUTHOR alloy QR Seat: AUTHOR Soft Touch
Number of gears: 24 Weight: 13,7 Kg / 18"
E-bikes rent possible!
Winora C0 Altus 8 – 2013 Esperia or similar
Weekly rent: 150,00 EUR nett (limited availability - on request only)
7 night cruises with guaranteed departures from port of Opatija
7 night cruises with guaranteed departures
This guided cycling tour around Kvarner Bay starts on Krk Island and ends in Cres exploring amazing coastlines, medieval towns, old villages and picturesque bays. Highlights include visiting great beaches, vineyards, pine woods, cycling on the historic islands and exploring historical coastal towns and stunning hilltop views. Croatia is a land of picturesque islands, rich history, Mediterranean vegetation and mild climate and the best way to explore it is, without doubt, by bike.
ROUTE: OPATIJA - KRK - RAB - PAG - MOLAT - LOŠINJ - CRES - OPATIJA
Day 1: Arrival in Opatija - Island Krk
Bike Course: Krk town – Punat - Krk town (16 km) • DIFFICULTY LEVEL 2 • Ship: Opatija – Krk
Arrival in Opatija. Parking possibilities for those arriving by car. Lunch is served before departure for the two-hour journey to the island of Krk, the largest of the Kvarner islands where we will have an easy start ride from the town of Krk to village Punat and back to the town of Krk. Overnight on board.
Day 2: Island Krk
Bike Course: City of Krk - Dobrinj - Vrbnik - Punat or Krk town (approx. 36 km) • DIFFICULTY LEVEL 4 • Ship: Krk
Today you will cycle through Mediterranean scented vegetation, fields of chestnuts and fig trees to the village of Dobrinj. After Dobrinj you will pass through the wineyards valley to reach the north east part of the island and the unique town of Vrbnik, built on 50 meters high rock and a home to the golden Žlahtina wines. After strolling through some of the narrowest streets in the world and sipping wine, we continue to the natural port of Punat where we spend the night on the ship and have our dinner. Other option would be overnight in town of Krk.
Day 3: Island of Rab
Bike Course: Lopar - Barbat - Rab (about 22 km) & Rab - Peninsula Kalifront - Rab (approximately 21 km) • DIFFICULTY LEVEL 3 • Ship: Krk Island - Lopar – Rab
During breakfast the ship cruises to Lopar on the island of Rab from where our biking path will lead us to a sandy beach bay that is very unusual for Kvarner islands. After that we cycle through the interior of the island, past wonderful Supetarska Draga in the direction of the ancient walled city of Rab with its four famous bell towers situated on an arrow shaped spit of land. Around noon our ship will be in the harbour and after lunch one will have opportunity to enjoy the old town atmosphere or to cycle more to the nature reserve of 'Dundo' forest on the peninsula Kalifront and back to Rab. Overnight in the port of Rab.
Day 4: Pag
Bike Course: Tovarnele - Novalja (22 km) or continue to Mandre
(about 35 km in total) • DIFFICULTY LEVEL 3 • Ship: Rab - Tovarnele - Novalja - Mandre – Ilovik
After a short crossing to the island of Pag we start a tour along the beautiful landscape of this island. First stop is village of Lun with thousand years old olive tree and many stone walls that were built by the residents as a protection against the wind. Be careful when driving on this island due to many sheep on the road. In Novalja you have the opportunity to go back to ship, or to move on further with the group. We highly recommend a break in a traditional „konoba“ tavern to taste the famous Pag cheese. In the idyllic village of Mandre we return to the ship and cruise to the island Ilovik. Dinner and overnight in Ilovik.
Day 5: Ilovik Island and Lošinj
Bike Course: Ilovik island & M.Lošinj - Čikat - V.Losinj - M.Lošinj (approx. 21 km) • DIFFICULTY LEVEL 2 • Ship: Ilovik - Mali Lošinj
Molat is the smallest island of this trip and therefore the most romantic. The village of Molat has only a bakery, a shop and 2 or 3 bars. The journey goes through the inland part of the island to the village of Zapuntel where the ship will wait. On the route you will see many wonderful bays and beaches. Lunch is on board after which we continue to the island of Lošinj to cycle to the fishermen's village of Veli Lošinj and visit one of the many bays surrounded by pine trees on Čikat peninsula. Overnight in Mali Lošinj, with numerous cafes and many colourfully painted house fronts.
Day 6: Island of Lošinj and Cres
Bike Course: M. Losinj - Osor (24 km, DIFFICULTY LEVEL 2) or continue to Martinščica (about 45 km in total, DIFICULTY LEVEL 4) • Ship: Mali Lošinj - Osor - Martinščica – Cres
After breakfast we cycle through the pine and laurel trees towards Cres island with our first stop in the artistic village of Osor, where you have opportunity to return to your ship and have a relaxing afternoon or take a more strenuous cycling towards the fishing village Martinscica. Here the ship continues towards the historic town of Cres for dinner and overnight.
Day 7: Opatija Riviera & Hinterland
Bike Course: Mošćenička Draga - Brseč - Mošćenička Draga (20 km, DIFICULTY LEVEL 2) or over the mountain St Jelena (approx. 30 km, DIFFICULTY LEVEL 4) • Ship: Cres - Mošćenička Draga – Opatija
During breakfast the ship takes off for Mošćenička Draga on the Opatija Riviera. From there we cycle along the coastal road with spectacular views of the sea and the islands to town of Brseč, situated above the sea on a rock. After the break you can decide whether to take the same coastal road again cycling back to the ship or select a more difficult version to cycle together with your guide to St Jelena hill and back to Mošćenička Draga. Lunch on the ship and continue to Opatija, where you have a free evening to admire this enchanting city, walk through the parks or along the 12 km long sea promenade. Overnight in Opatija.
Day 8: Disembarkation Opatija
Early morning breakfast and check out.
Photos of cycling tour can be seen HERE.
SWIMMING BREAKS: In good weather and depending on timing we will have regular swim stops for while the ship anchors in secluded bays or after the cycling before departure to next island.
CYCLING ROUTE: The length of the daily cycling routes is estimated and informative and depends of various detours or short cuts that can be done on route. Sailing and cycling routes may be changed on the spot due to weather conditions and capability of the respective cyclists on board. Departure is during morning hours, mostly after breakfast.
BICYCLES: bike rental possible on request; Katarina Line is not responsible for any damage which may occur on personal bicycles during bike tours and transportation from land to the ship and vice versa
FOOD: Half board is served with continental breakfast and either lunch or dinner. During our cycling routes we recommend stops at local restaurants where you can sample the local specialties. These meals are not included in the price of the trip but are paid by the customers. There is a possibility to book a captain's dinner, which is paid directly on the spot and is offered by the captain and your tour guide.
BIKE RENTAL INCLUDES BIKES EQUIPPED WITH BOTTLE HOLDER, BAG CARRIER, SMALL BAG & HELMET
VISITOR’S TAX & PORT FEES for the cruise ARE NOT INCLUDED (to be paid on the spot on the ship) – EUR 25. - per person per week
- Bike rental: EUR 100.- per week netto
Full Board supplement: EUR 115.- per person/week, min.10 pax required.
- Drink supplement: EUR 16.- per week – incl. choice of 1 drink - glass of wine, 1 beer or 1 soft drink with lunch
- Water supplement: EUR 20.- per person per week – includes 1,5 l of water per person per day- to be paid on the spo
- English Breakfast supplement: EUR 40.- per week - incl. 2 eggs, bacon, tomato and mushrooms, or fruit & yoghurt, or similar (regular continental breakfast included in price of the cruise includes: coffee, tea, milk, glass of juice, cereal, bread, a variety of spreads - butter, honey, jam, soft cheese; daily additions such as ham and cheese or boiled eggs, frankfurters, salami etc.)
- Captain’s dinner: EUR 25.- - choice of fish or meat menu - ship's speciality served
- Wedding renewal package: EUR 100,- per couple – includes renewal ceremony performed by the captain, certificate, champagne, gift
- Extra towels: On A category ships the guests will be provided with two towels for personal use per week. Extra towels can be rented for EUR 3.- & beach towels EUR 5.- per week/towel. Katarina Line beach towel can be purchased on arrival for EUR 10.
- Daily cabin cleaning: EUR 15.- per person per week - not provided on A category ships but can be ordered in advance;
- Parking: Possible from EUR 10.- daily
- Airport transfers: various airport possibilities (Zagreb, Trieste, Ljubljana, Venice) – price on request; FREE OF CHARGE local transfers (from Opatija hotels to Opatija port)
- Pre/post cruise accommodation: Available on request - private accommodation, villas, hotels...
- Ferry Tickets: Cabins, seats or deck, available for coastal & international ferry connections
- 150 EUR per person upon reservation
- Rest of the payment one month prior to arrival
* Bike & hike cruise with professional guide. Biking and hiking recommended equipment - hiking shoes, backpack, extra clothes, rain/sun protection. Nordic walking poles are included in the price of the cruise!
* Participant agrees to abide to the decisions and instructions given by the guide who reserves the right in changing the itinerary according to weather conditions
- The Captain reserves the right in changing the route in case of bad weather conditions
- Departures are guaranteed. Katarina line reserves the right in cancelling departures with less than 10 participants and changing ship name if need arises
- Guests are obliged to follow ship rules (found in written form on the ship) especially with regards to bringing drinks on board.
- In case of bad behavior Katarina Line/captain reserves the right in asking clients to disembark
- From the day of confirmation up till 30 days prior to arrival – advance payment (EUR 150 per person) - nonrefundable
- 29-22 days – 25% of the remaining balance
- 21-15 days – 50% of the remaining balance
- 14-0 days – 100% fee
- Name change / date change fee – 20 eur per person (valid only if the change is done up till 30 days prior booked departure, otherwise regular cancellation clause will be applied)
Katarina line highly recommends clients to take insurance against cancellation of reserved services! Katarina line offers a complete
travel insurance package (travel health insurance, personal accident insurance, private liability, luggage insurance & trip cancellation).
Additional information about travel insurance package can be found at ToS
Due specific mooring conditions and requirements in some Croatian ports, Katarina Line ships are moored side by side, making it
necessary for the clients to cross from one ship to another with gaps in between ships in order to get to the shore. In such cases clients
need to take special care when crossing and do this at their own risk. Crew assistance will be given to those needing and requesting it.