Bike Cruise - Island hopping Kvarner Bay
7 night cruises with guaranteed departures from port of Opatija
Cycle & cruise from Opatija - Kvarner Bay
Guaranteed departures from Opatija on A CATEGORY ship: cabins with private shower/toilet (3rd bed possible on request), mostly bunk beds with half board service (continental breakfast & lunch or dinner according to daily activities)
Day 1: Arrival in Opatija - Island Krk
Bike Course: Krk town – Punat - Krk town (16 km)
DIFFICULTY LEVEL 1
Ship: Opatija – Krk
Arrival in Opatija. If you arrive by car we can arrange guarded parking spot for you. Cabins on your boat will be ready around 12:00 and lunch will be served before departure. Two-hour journey to the island of Krk is the best time to meet your fellow passengers and the crew. Krk is the largest of the Kvarner islands where we will have an easy start ride from the town of Krk to village Punat and back to the town of Krk. Overnight on board.
Day 2: Island Krk
Bike Course: City of Krk - Dobrinj - Vrbnik - Punat or Krk town (approx. 36 km)
DIFFICULTY LEVEL 4
Today you will bike surrounded by Mediterranean scented vegetation, through fields of chestnuts and fig trees to the village of Dobrinj. After Dobrinj you will pass through the valley of vineyards and reach the north east part of the island and unique town of Vrbnik. Town of Vrbnik knows also as a museum town is built on 50 meters high rock and is home to the golden Zlahtina wines. After strolling through some of the narrowest streets in the world and sipping some wine, we continue to the natural port of Punat where we spend the night on the ship and have our dinner. Other option would be overnight in town of Krk.
Day 3: Island of Rab
Bike Course: Lopar - Barbat - Rab (about 22 km) & Rab - Peninsula Kalifront - Rab (approximately 21 km)
DIFFICULTY LEVEL 2
Ship: Krk Island - Lopar – Rab
While we eat our breakfast the boat will drive us to Lopar on the island of Rab. From there our biking path will lead us to a sandy beach bay which is very unusual for Kvarner islands. After that we cycle through the interior of the island, past the beautiful bay Supetarska Draga and direction the ancient walled city of Rab with its four famous bell towers situated on an arrow shaped spit of land. Around noon our boat will be just outside the old town of Rab in the harbour and after the meal one will have opportunity to enjoy the old town atmosphere or to cycle more to the nature reserve of 'Dundo' forest on the peninsula Kalifront and back to Rab. Overnight in the port of Rab.
Day 4: Pag
Bike Course: Tovarnele - Novalja (22 km) or continue to Mandre
(about 35 km in total)
DIFFICULTY LEVEL 3
Ship: Rab - Tovarnele - Novalja - Mandre – Molat
After a short crossing to the island of Pag we start a tour along the beautiful landscape of the island. Our first stop is village of Lun with the thousand years old olive tree and the many stone walls that were built by the residents as a protection against the wind. Please be careful when driving on the island because there are many sheep on the road. In Novalja you have the opportunity to go back to ship, or to move on further with the group. We definitely recommend a break in a traditional tavern to taste the famous Pag cheese. In the idyllic village of Mandre we go back to ship and transfer from there to the island Molat. Dinner and overnight in Molat.
Day 5: Molat Island and Lošinj
Bike Course: Molat - Zapuntel (9 km) & M.Lošinj - Čikat V.Losinj - M.Lošinj (approx. 20 km)
DIFFICULTY LEVEL 2
Ship: Molat - Mali Lošinj
Molat is the smallest island of this trip and therefore also the most romantic one. The village of Molat has only a bakery, a shop and 2 or 3 bars. The journey goes through the inland part of the island to the village of Zapuntel where the ship will wait. On this way you will see many beautiful bays and beaches. Lunch is at the boat with the continue of the cruise to the island of Lošinj where you have another possibility to cycle to the fisherman village of Veli Losinj and visit one of the many bays surrounded by pine trees at Cikat peninsula. Overnight in Mali Losinj, in the harbour area that contains numerous cafes and many colourfully painted house fronts.
Day 6: Island of Lošinj and Cres
Bike Course: M. Losinj - Osor (20 km, DIFFICULTY LEVEL 2) or continue to Martinščica (about 45 km in total, DIFICULTY LEVEL 4)
Ship: Mali Lošinj - Osor - Martinščica – Cres
After breakfast we cycle through the pine and laurel trees on the panorama route direction island of Cres. Our first stop is the artistic village of Osor, where you have chance to go back to your boat and have relaxing afternoon or to take another more strenuous part of the cycling towards the fishing village Martinscica, where the ship will wait again and take us all together towards the historic town of Cres. Dinner and overnight stay in Cres.
Day 7: Istria & Opatija
Bike Course: M. Draga - Brsec - M. Draga (20 km, DIFICULTY LEVEL 2) or over the mountain St Jelena (approx. 30 km, DIFFICULTY LEVEL 4)
Ship: Cres - Mošćenička Draga – Opatija
During breakfast the ship takes off and takes us to Moscenicka Draga on the Opatija Riviera. From there we go along the coastal road with spectacular views of the sea and the islands to town of Brsec, situated above the sea on a rock. We take a coffee break here and a walk through the small village with two churches. After the break you can decide whether to take the same coastal road again driving alone back to the ship or select the more difficult version to cycle together with your guide to St Jelena hill and back to M. Draga. On this route you can admire the mountain village with its small Moscenice Ethnographic Museum. Lunch on the ship and continue to Opatija, where you have free evening to admire this beautiful city, walk through the parks or along the 12 km long sea promenade. Overnight in Opatija..
Day 8: Disembarkation Opatija
Early morning breakfast and check out.
SWIMMING BREAKS: In good weather and depending on timing we will have regular swim stops for while the ship anchors in secluded bays or after the cycling before departure to next island.
CYCLING ROUTE: The length of the daily cycling routes is estimated and informative and depends of various detours or short cuts that can be done on route. Sailing and cycling routes may be changed on the spot due to weather conditions and capability of the respective cyclists on board. Departure is during morning hours, mostly after breakfast.
BICYCLES: bike rental possible on request; Katarina Line is not responsible for any damage which may occur on personal bicycles during bike tours and transportation from land to the ship and vice versa
FOOD: Half board is served with continental breakfast and either lunch or dinner. During our cycling routes we recommend stops at local restaurants where you can sample the local specialties. These meals are not included in the price of the trip but are paid by the customers. There is a possibility to book a captain's dinner, which is paid directly on the spot and is offered by the captain and your tour guide.
BIKE RENTAL INCLUDES BIKES EQUIPPED WITH BOTTLE HOLDER, BAG CARRIER, SMALL BAG & HELMET
VISITOR’S TAX & PORT FEES for the cruise ARE NOT INCLUDED (to be paid on the spot on the ship) – EUR 20. - per person per week
- Bike rental: EUR 100.- per week netto
Full Board supplement: EUR 115.- per person/week, (gross) min.10 pax required.
- Drink supplement: EUR 16. - per week – incl. choice of 1 drink - glass of wine, 1 beer or 1 soft drink with lunch
- Water supplement: EUR 20.- per person per week (netto) – includes 1,5 l of water per person per day- to be paid on the spot
- English breakfast supplement: EUR 40.- per week (netto) - incl. 2 eggs, bacon, tomato and mushrooms, or fruit & yoghurt, or similar (regular continental breakfast included in price of the cruise includes: coffee, tea, milk, glass of juice, cereal, bread, a variety of spreads - butter, honey, jam, soft cheese; daily additions such as ham and cheese or boiled eggs, frankfurters, salami etc.)
- Wedding renewal package: EUR 100,- (netto) per couple – includes renewal ceremony performed by the captain, certificate, champagne, gift
- Extra towels: Extra towels can be rented for EUR 3.- & beach towels EUR 5.- per week/towel. Katarina Line beach towel can be purchased on arrival for EUR 10.-
- Parking: Possible from EUR 10 – 15 daily
- Airport transfers: To Opatija various airport possibilities (Zagreb, Trieste, Ljubljana, Venice) – price on request; FREE OF CHARGE. Katarina line provides free local transfers to and from hotels in Opatija.
- Pre/post cruise accommodation: Prices vary from EUR 20 per person/night depending on accommodation type and season - private villas, hotels, etc.
- 150 EUR per person upon reservation
- Rest of the payment one month prior to arrival
* Bike & hike cruise with professional guide. Biking and hiking recommended equipment - hiking shoes, backpack, extra clothes, rain/sun protection. Nordic walking poles are included in the price of the cruise!
* Participant agrees to abide to the decisions and instructions given by the guide who reserves the right in changing the itinerary according to weather conditions
- The Captain reserves the right in changing the route in case of bad weather conditions
- Departures are guaranteed. Katarina line reserves the right in cancelling departures with less than 10 participants and changing ship name if need arises
- Guests are obliged to follow ship rules (found in written form on the ship) especially with regards to bringing drinks on board.
- In case of bad behavior Katarina Line/captain reserves the right in asking clients to disembark
From the day of confirmation up till 30 days prior to arrival – advance payment (EUR 150 per person) - non-refundable
29-22 days – 25% of the remaining balance
21-15 days – 50% of the remaining balance
14-0 days – 100% fee
Name/date change fee – 20 EUR per person (valid only if the change is done up till 30 days prior booked departure, otherwise regular cancellation clause will be applied
KATARINA LINE RECOMMENDS TRAVEL INSURANCE FOR CANCELLATION OF RESERVED SERVICES!!!