Bike & Sun
OPATIJA - KRK - KRK - RAB - (PAG) MOLAT or ILOVIK - LOŠINJ - CRES - OPATIJA
Guaranteed departures from Opatija on A CATEGORY ship: cabins with private shower/toilet (3rd bed possible on request), mostly bunk beds with half board service (continental breakfast & lunch or dinner according to daily activities)
7 night cruises with guaranteed departures from port of Opatija
Day 1, Saturday
Arrival to Opatija – welcome speech on board before departure towards the Krk island. A swim stop is planned after lunch in a bay on the way to the main town on the Krk island. Bike tour to town of Punat and back to the town Krk for a lovely free evening is planned immediately on arrival giving us ample time to discover this lovely old town where we overnight in the harbour.
Bike tour distance approx. 17km, highpoint 100m
Day 2, Sunday
After breakfast we enjoy our morning cycling tour to the wonderful famous town of Vrbnik for lunch and a small swim break. Here we can enjoy the fantastic views of the coastline and explore this magical old town famous for its Žlahtina wine found only in this area. Late afternoon we return to Krk town for another overnight with dinner on board.
Bike tour distance approx. 23km, highpoint 190m
Day 3, Monday
Early morning departure for Rab where we cycle around Rab, followed by lunch on board and free time for swimming or sunbathing or simply strolling around this lovely town to enjoy an ice-cream or cappuccino in one of the numerous cafes. Optional afternoon walk through Park Forest Komrčar or hike up the Kamenjak hill to enjoy one of the most beautiful sunsets and have a bird’s eye view of Rab and the surrounding islands.
Bike tour distance approx. 13km, highpoint 75m
Day 4, Tuesday
Morning departure for island of Pag followed by a bike ride from Tovarnele to Novalja, Continue cruising on to the island of Molat or Ilovik island with lunch on board, free time to stroll around these small peaceful communities where we overnight in the harbour.
Bike tour distance cca 22 km, high piont 195m
Day 5, Wednesday
Early morning cycling bike tour from Molat to Zapuntel and boarding our ship for our cruise towards the island of Mali Lošinj with a possible swim and lunch stop on the way. On arrival in Mali Lošinj we take an afternoon bike tour of this picturesque town as well as of Veli Lošinj with a coffee / ice-cream or /swim break. Return to Mali Lošinj with some time at leisure and an optional dinner. Overnight in the main harbour of Mali Lošinj.
Bike tour distance approx. *(11km, highpoint approx. 75m) 13km, highpoint approx. 80m
Day 6, Thursday
Morning cycling tour from Mali Lošinj to Nerezine and then on to the old town of Osor. Followed by a walk through the old town full of sculptures and interesting architecture. Departure to town of Cres with a stop for a swim and lunch on the way. Free evening in Cres town. Overnight Cres.
Bike tour distance approx. 24km, highpoint 205m
Day 7, Friday
Morning cycling around the town of Cres with optional visit to St. Francis monastery and museum of sacral art, free time for relaxing in one of the numerous cafes or a swim. Departure and lunch on route to the mainland. Stop at Lovran for a lovely refreshing walking tour along the famous Franz Joseph promenade to Opatija. Evening at leisure .. we recommend a walk to the fishermen’s village of Volosko with its numerous restaurants and cafes and idyllic setting... Overnight in Opatija harbour.
Bike tour distance approx. 12km, highpoint 75m
Day 8, Saturday
After breakfast we disembark our ship and bid farewell to our lovely crew.
SWIMMING BREAKS: In good weather and depending on timing we will have regular swim stops for while the ship anchors in secluded bays or after the cycling before departure to next island.
CYCLING ROUTE: The length of the daily cycling routes is estimated and informative and depends of various detours or short cuts that can be done on route. Sailing and cycling routes may be changed on the spot due to weather conditions and capability of the respective cyclists on board. Departure is during morning hours, mostly after breakfast.
BICYCLES: bike rental possible on request; Katarina Line is not responsible for any damage which may occur on personal bicycles during bike tours and transportation from land to the ship and vice versa
FOOD: Half board is served with continental breakfast and either lunch or dinner. During our cycling routes we recommend stops at local restaurants where you can sample the local specialties. These meals are not included in the price of the trip but are paid by the customers. There is a possibility to book a captain's dinner, which is paid directly on the spot and is offered by the captain and your tour guide.
BIKE RENTAL INCLUDES BIKES EQUIPPED WITH BOTTLE HOLDER, BAG CARRIER, SMALL BAG & HELMET
Pictures of cycling tour can be seen on the following site:
VISITOR’S TAX & PORT FEES for the cruise ARE NOT INCLUDED (to be paid on the spot on the ship) – EUR 20. - per person per week
- Bike rental: EUR 100.- per week netto
Full Board supplement: EUR 115.- per person/week, (gross) min.10 pax required.
- Drink supplement: EUR 16. - per week – incl. choice of 1 drink - glass of wine, 1 beer or 1 soft drink with lunch
- Water supplement: EUR 20.- per person per week (netto) – includes 1,5 l of water per person per day- to be paid on the spot
- English breakfast supplement: EUR 40.- per week (netto) - incl. 2 eggs, bacon, tomato and mushrooms, or fruit & yoghurt, or similar (regular continental breakfast included in price of the cruise includes: coffee, tea, milk, glass of juice, cereal, bread, a variety of spreads - butter, honey, jam, soft cheese; daily additions such as ham and cheese or boiled eggs, frankfurters, salami etc.)
- Captain's dinner: EUR 25.- (netto) choice of fish or meat menu - ship's specialty served.
- Wedding renewal package: EUR 100,- (netto) per couple – includes renewal ceremony performed by the captain, certificate, champagne, gift
- Extra towels: Extra towels can be rented for EUR 3.- & beach towels EUR 5.- per week/towel. Katarina Line beach towel can be purchased on arrival for EUR 10.-
- Parking: Possible from EUR 10 – 15 daily
- Airport transfers: To Opatija various airport possibilities (Zagreb, Trieste, Ljubljana, Venice) – price on request; FREE OF CHARGE. Katarina line provides free local transfers to and from hotels in Opatija.
- Pre/post cruise accommodation: Prices vary from EUR 20 per person/night depending on accommodation type and season - private villas, hotels, etc.
- 150 EUR per person upon reservation
- Rest of the payment one month prior to arrival
* Bike cruise with professional guide. Biking recommended equipment - biking shoes, backpack, extra clothes, rain/sun protection.
* Participant agrees to abide to the decisions and instructions given by the guide who reserves the right in changing the itinerary according to weather conditions
- The Captain reserves the right in changing the route in case of bad weather conditions
- Departures are guaranteed. Katarina line reserves the right in cancelling departures with less than 10 participants and changing ship name if need arises
- Guests are obliged to follow ship rules (found in written form on the ship) especially with regards to bringing drinks on board.
- In case of bad behavior Katarina Line/captain reserves the right in asking clients to disembark
If taking part in biking/hiking activities, each individual is responsible for him/herself and agrees to abide to the decisions and instructions given by the guide who reserves the right in changing the itinerary according to weather conditions and group's abilities.
Due specific mooring conditions and requirements in some Croatian ports, Katarina Line ships are moored side by side, making it necessary for the clients to cross from one ship to another with gaps in between ships in order to get to the shore. In such cases clients need to take special care when crossing and do this at their own risk. Crew assistance will be given to those needing and requesting it.
From the day of confirmation up till 30 days prior to arrival – advance payment (EUR 150 per person) - non-refundable
29-22 days – 25% of the remaining balance
21-15 days – 50% of the remaining balance
14-0 days – 100% fee
Name/date change fee – 20 EUR per person (valid only if the change is done up till 30 days prior booked departure, otherwise regular cancellation clause will be applied
KATARINA LINE RECOMMENDS TRAVEL INSURANCE FOR CANCELLATION OF RESERVED SERVICES!!!