Light Bike & Hike Croatia Cruise
BIKE & HIKE ROUTE
OPATIJA - KRK - RAB - RAB - PAG – LOŠINJ - CRES - OPATIJA
7 night cruises with guaranteed departures from port of Opatija
Guaranteed departures from Opatija on A+ category ship (cabins with twin or double beds, ensuite shower & toilette, air-condition) with half board service (continental breakfast & lunch or dinner according to daily activities)
Enjoy the serenity of the Kvarner Bay and surrounding islands with their numerous trails and paths where nature and tradition along with astonishing views of the islands form a unique experience for all your senses. Cycle and hike/walk (with Katarina Line guide) across the island where the ship waits to pick you up to take you onto the next island for you to explore on foot and by bike!
Day 1, Saturday
Arrival at Opatija harbor. On our journey to Krk island meet your fellow passengers and the crew and enjoy a swimstop in a bay or cove on route. Krk is the largest of the Kvarner islands with immense variety of villages, gentle green promenades, bare rocky wilderness, tiny isles and hundreds of hidden bays and beaches. Overnight in town of Krk.
Day 2, Sunday
Morning cycling through Mediterranean scented vegetation to Punat and on to Vrbnik for lunch. The museum town is set high up on 50 meters of rock and is the home to the famous Zlahtina wines. Continue to the Rab island, known as the “island of love”, where we spend the night in the harbour. Encircled by medieval walls, Romanesque church towers, churches and palaces, stone streets and ancient facades. Enjoy the numerous streets and squares where many painters and artists exhibit their works. Bike tour distance approx. 23km, highest point 190m.
Day 3, Monday
Hike tour to Kamenjak hill, peak Straza (409m) to enjoy the breathtaking view of the mainland and the Kvarner bay islands. Descend to the ship for lunch. Optional afternoon walk through Komrcar Forest Park. Captain's dinner party on board with overnight in Rab. Walking time approx. 4 hours, highest point 409m.
Day 4, Tuesday
Early morning coastal cruise to Barbat, Palit and back to Rab through Komrcar park. Lunch on board as we cruise towards Pag island, the fifth-largest island on the Croatian coast. Afternoon cycling from Tovarnele to Novalja, well known for its original Pag lace and world's famous Pag cheese. We highly recommend a break in a traditional tavern to taste the famous Pag cheese and wine. Overnight in Mandre. Bike tour cca 10 + 22 km, highest point 175m.
Day 5, Wednesday
Continue to the island of Mali Losinj with lunch and swimstop on route. Hike from Mali Losinj to the Sveti Ivan (234m) hill, and then in the direction of Veli Losinj for a swim / coffee break. This picturesque setting in the densely forested surrounding hills with high and old stone houses and gardens make it an impressive site. After a break we head back to Mali Losinj for overnight. Walking time approx. 3,5 hours highest point approx. 258m.
Day 6, Thursday
Cycling to small fishing village of Nerezine after which we continue to the old town of Osor situated between Mali Losinj and Cres islands. Afternoon departure to town of Cres with lunch and swimstop. Evening at leisure to enjoy this charming town. Overnight in Cres. Bike tour distance approx. 24km, highest point 255m.
Day 7, Friday
Enjoy cycling around Cres town with an optional visit to St. Francis monastery with a sacral museum. Time at leisure at the numerous seaside cafes and shops in Cres. Lunch is served as we depart towards the mainland and stop at Lovran for a lovely walking tour on the famous Franz Joseph promenade – Lungo Mare. Enjoy the numerous cafes and restaurants in Opatija or nearby fishermen's village of Volosko. Bike tour distance approx. 10km, walking time approx. 2 hours (7,5km, highest point 25m).
Day 8, Saturday
Disembark after breakfast.
Dates & Prices
VISITOR’S TAX & PORT FEES for the cruise ARE NOT INCLUDED (to be paid on the spot on the ship) – EUR 20. - per person per week
- Bike rental: EUR 70.- per week netto
- Full Board supplement: EUR 115.- per person/week, (gross) min.10 pax required.
- Drink supplement: EUR 16. - per week – incl. choice of 1 drink - glass of wine, 1 beer or 1 soft drink with lunch
- Water supplement: EUR 20.- per person per week (netto) – includes 1,5 l of water per person per day- to be paid on the spot
- English breakfast supplement: EUR 40.- per week (netto) - incl. 2 eggs, bacon, tomato and mushrooms, or fruit & yoghurt, or similar (regular continental breakfast included in price of the cruise includes: coffee, tea, milk, glass of juice, cereal, bread, a variety of spreads - butter, honey, jam, soft cheese; daily additions such as ham and cheese or boiled eggs, frankfurters, salami etc.)
- Wedding renewal package: EUR 100,- (netto) per couple – includes renewal ceremony performed by the captain, certificate, champagne, gift
- Extra towels: Extra towels can be rented for EUR 3.- & beach towels EUR 5.- per week/towel. Katarina Line beach towel can be purchased on arrival for EUR 10.-
- Parking: Possible from EUR 10 – 15 daily
- Airport transfers: To Opatija various airport possibilities (Zagreb, Trieste, Ljubljana, Venice) – price on request; FREE OF CHARGE. Katarina line provides free local transfers to and from hotels in Opatija.
- Pre/post cruise accommodation: Prices vary from EUR 20 per person/night depending on accommodation type and season - private villas, hotels, etc.
- 150 EUR per person upon reservation
- Rest of the payment one month prior to arrival
* Bike & hike cruise with professional guide. Biking and hiking recommended equipment - hiking shoes, backpack, extra clothes, rain/sun protection. Nordic walking poles are included in the price of the cruise!
* Participant agrees to abide to the decisions and instructions given by the guide who reserves the right in changing the itinerary according to weather conditions
- The Captain reserves the right in changing the route in case of bad weather conditions
- Departures are guaranteed. Katarina line reserves the right in cancelling departures with less than 10 participants and changing ship name if need arises
- Guests are obliged to follow ship rules (found in written form on the ship) especially with regards to bringing drinks on board.
- In case of bad behavior Katarina Line/captain reserves the right in asking clients to disembark
From the day of confirmation up till 30 days prior to arrival – advance payment (EUR 150 per person) - non-refundable
29-22 days – 25% of the remaining balance
21-15 days – 50% of the remaining balance
14-0 days – 100% fee
Name/date change fee – 20 EUR per person (valid only if the change is done up till 30 days prior booked departure, otherwise regular cancellation clause will be applied
KATARINA LINE RECOMMENDS TRAVEL INSURANCE FOR CANCELLATION OF RESERVED SERVICES!!!