KL2 - Croatia Gay Cruise 2015
KL 2 ROUTE - SOUTH CROATIA
Cruising with motor ships along the magnificent Dalmatian coastline & islands on the route: KL2: SPLIT – MAKARSKA – MLJET – DUBROVNIK – TRSTENIK – KORČULA – HVAR – (Bol) SPLIT
Spend seven unforgettable days cruising on the Adriatic Sea from one island to another, explore beautiful nature, hidden bays and discover divine night clubs in places you will visit. This cruise departs with only gay passengers.
SATURDAY SPLIT – MAKARSKA
Departure from Split harbour towards Makarska at 13:00h. Cruise along the Dalmatian coast whilst enjoying your lunch. Afternoon swim at one of the wonderful beaches. From there, those feeling adventurous can join our optional river rafting excursion or zipline on the Cetina river and meet up with the ship in Makarska in the evening. Overnight in the port of Makarska where strolling along the streets, you will come across numerous churches and other architectural and cultural sites.
SUNDAY MAKARSKA – MLJET
Early morning departure towards Mljet with a stop on the Pelješac peninsula for a refreshing swim. Afternoon visit to salt lakes in Mljet National Park to enjoy the sun, sea and tranquility of this peaceful island. In the middle of the large lake, inside the National park, we visit the monastery and church on St. Mary isle. Overnight in port Polača/Pomena.
MONDAY MLJET – DUBROVNIK
After breakfast depart for Dubrovnik, the highlight of this cruise. Enjoy the nature along the way towards “the heaven on earth” – according to the famous writer George Bernard Shaw. Arrive to Dubrovnik in the afternoon when you can explore on your own or join our guided tour of the city followed by an optional cable car ride up to Srđ mountain for spectacular views of the old town. Take a walk through STRADUN – both a street and a square, a promenade inside the city walls. We also recommend a walk on top of the 1,940 m long city walls! Overnight in the port of this magical town.
TUESDAY DUBROVNIK – ŠIPAN/TRSTENIK
Morning is free to explore Dubrovnik. Discover the beauty of history through numerous monuments, little streets, churches… Around noon we leave this magnificent town and continue our cruise towards Šipan isle or small town of Trstenik on the Pelješac peninsula, where we will swim in the afternoon and spend the night. Possibility of visiting a local winery.
WEDNESDAY ŠIPAN/TRSTENIK – KORČULA
After breakfast depart for island Korčula, the birthplace of famous explorer MARCO POLO. Lunch on board in the Lumbarda bay near the town of Korčula. Afternoon arrival where we overnight in port. Surrounded by ancient walls and fortified bastions Korčula’s old town is very well preserved with its layout and structure dating back to 13th century. Sightseeing of Korčula and optional wine and appetizers tasting at a local winery before dinning in one of the numerous seafront restaurants or konobas on your own.
THURSDAY KORČULA – HVAR
Early departure towards the Pakleni Islands for lunch and a swim stop followed by afternoon sightseeing of Hvar, the longest island in the Adriatic. Here we can find the Renaissance cathedral with its original tower as well as the oldest community theatre in Europe founded here in 1612. Hvar offers abundant entertainment, excellent restaurants, bars and cafes that are open long into the night. Overnight in Hvar.
FRIDAY HVAR (Bol) - SPLIT
Our next stop is Brač island. Swimming is planned at the most famous beach in Dalmatia – Zlatni Rat near Bol (the Golden Horn - its gravel promontory shifts from side to side as the wind and waves constantly change in shape). Bol is a typical fishermen’s village converted into a popular tourist destination. After lunch we will start our journey back to Split where the last overnight is planned. A swim break is planned on route in one of the many bays on Brač island. Enjoy the view of Split Riviera. Possibility to join our guided tour of Split, a monumental city under UNESCO protection that belongs not only to Croatians, but also to you, as it is a part of the world heritage. Here we find an abundance of Roman architecture – of special interest is the Diocletian palace.
Early breakfast after which it is time to say goodbye to the crew and all your new friends!
Dates & Prices
CABIN TYPE DESCRIPTIONS:
- A + CATEGORY: air-conditioned, spacious en-suite cabins (with double or twin beds) on newly built ships (price includes Captain’s dinner and sightseeing of Dubrovnik).
REDUCTIONS & SUPPLEMENTS:
- adult on 3rd bed in a triple cabin – 30%
- single use of cabin +50%
VISITOR’S TAX & PORT FEES ARE NOT INCLUDED (to be paid on the spot) EUR 25.- per person per week
- Entrance to National Parks: prices approx.. EUR 15.- per person
- Full Board supplement: EUR 115.- per person/week, min.10 pax required.
- Drink supplement: EUR 16.- per week – incl. choice of 1 drink - glass of wine, 1 beer or 1 soft drink with lunch
- Water supplement: EUR 20.- per person per week – includes 1,5 l of water per person per day- to be paid on the spot
- Wedding renewal package: EUR 100,- per couple – includes renewal ceremony performed by the captain, certificate, champagne, gift
- Extra towels: On A+ category ships the guests will be provided with two towels for personal use per week. Extra towels can be rented for EUR 3.- & beach towels EUR 5.- per week/towel. Katarina Line beach towel can be purchased on arrival for EUR 10.-
- Parking: Possible from EUR 10.- daily
- Airport transfers: EUR 50.- from Split airport to Split port. Other transfers available on request.
- Pre/post cruise accommodation: Available on request - private accommodation, villas, hotels...
- Ferry Tickets: Cabins, seats or deck, available for coastal & international ferry connections
LAND & CRUISE PACKAGE supplement
Add 3 nights land program to your cruise for a 10 night program; possible for all departures
Includes: Combined with KL2 includes 3 nights prior to cruise (2 overnights Zagreb, 1 overnight Split), 1 half board and 2 bed and breakfast services; accommodation in 4* Hotel in Zagreb & Split, Visitor’s taxes during land part, airport transfers (from airport Zagreb and to airport Split), all transfers as per itinerary, guided sightseeing of Zagreb & Plitvice lakes
- Price per person: EUR 525.-
- Single supplement: EUR 135.-
- Reduction on third bed: 10%
Includes: Combined with KL2 includes 3 nights prior to cruise (2 overnights Zagreb, 1 overnight Split), 1 half board and 2 bed and breakfast services; accommodation in 4* Hotel in Zagreb & Split, Visitor’s taxes during land part, airport transfers (from airport Zagreb and to airport Split), all transfers as per itinerary, guided sightseeing of Zagreb, Plitvice, Split, and on the cruise of Dubrovnik, Korčula and Hvar)
OPTIONAL EXCURSIONS (if paid locally payment in KUNA currency, prices are informative and subject to change)
CETINA RIVER RAFTING EUR 34.-
This is one of the most popular adventure activities in this area. The rapids of Cetina River are not difficult but fun and exciting with breathtaking scenery is breath taking. The tour includes: bus transfer to and from the ship and guide instructor. Life vest and helmets are provided. Duration is approximately 5 hours together with bus transfer.
CETINA CANYON ZIP LINE EUR 60.-
Feel the adrenalin rush in the Cetina river canyon! 8 steel lines will make you scream while sliding 150m above the ground in the magnificent canyon.
MOSTAR EUR 68.-
Saturday after the cruise; experience Bosnia and Herzegovina's most beautiful city, view the iconic 'Stari Most'/Old Bridge, discover Ottoman and Turkish history – bus excursion /passport required
KRKA WATERFALLS EUR 65.-
Saturday after the cruise; Do not hesitate to swim at the wonderful Krka waterfalls and visit the historic town Šibenik. After a guided tour of the oldest Croatian town on the Adriatic coast, excursion continues to Krka waterfalls to explore beautiful natural surroundings. Return to Split in late afternoon hours.
PLITVICE LAKES (EUR 87.- per person)
Visit the famous Plitvice Lakes, sixteen turquoise colored lakes with crystal clear water connected by magnificent waterfalls. Pure nature, mountain forests and fresh air. One of the most beautiful national parks in Croatia, and a UNESCO site. A full day tour, starting early in the morning and returning just for your dinner. One-day tour begins in the early morning hours (7:30 am) while the return is scheduled in the evening (approx 7:00 pm, includes coach transfer, guide, entrance to the park with boat and train ride in the park); comfortable shoes recommended.
KORČULA WINE TASTING EUR 15.-
Join our optional wine tasting in Korčula to try some of the famous Dalmatian and Croatian wines. Discover the story behind their perfect taste while enjoying a light snack.
KORČULA VILLAGE DINNER EXPERIENCE EUR 27.-
Try a typical Dalmatian dinner in small village near the town of Korčula and find out more about the history and traditional way of living.
DUBROVNIK CABLE CAR EUR 13.-
Enjoy the cable car in Dubrovnik to Srđ mountain and enjoy the scenic views of the old city.
OPTIONAL SIGHTSEEING IN FOLLOWING TOWNS (min 10 pax required): Split, Hvar, Korčula, Dubrovnik - EUR 10.- per person per tour;
10% discount available for 3 or more tours booked in advance; A+ ships have Dubrovnik tour included in the price.
- 150 EUR deposit per person upon reservation
- Rest payment one month prior to arrival
Conditions & Cancellation policy:
- The Captain reserves the right in changing the route in case of bad weather conditions
- Departures are guaranteed. Katarina line reserves the right in cancelling departures with less than 10 participants and changing ship name if need arises
- Guests are obliged to follow ship rules (found in written form on the ship) especially with regards to bringing drinks on board.
- In case of bad behavior Katarina Line/captain reserves the right in asking clients to disembark
Due specific mooring conditions and requirements in some Croatian ports, Katarina Line ships are moored side by side, making it necessary for the clients to cross from one ship to another with gaps in between ships in order to get to the shore. In such cases clients need to take special care when crossing and do this at their own risk. Crew assistance will be given to those needing and requesting it.
- From the day of confirmation up till 30 days prior to arrival – advance payment (EUR 150 per person) - non-refundable
- 29-22 days – 25% of the remaining balance
- 21-15 days – 50% of the remaining balance
- 14-0 days – 100% fee
- Name change / date change fee – 20 EUR per person (valid only if the change is done up till 30 days prior booked departure, otherwise regular cancellation clause will be applied)
Katarina line highly recommends clients to take insurance against cancellation of reserved services! Katarina line offers a complete travel insurance package (travel health insurance, personal accident insurance, private liability, luggage insurance & trip cancellation). Additional information about travel insurance package can be found at http://www.katarina-line.com/terms-of-service.html