Croatia land & KL1 cruise
CABIN TYPE DESCRIPTIONS:
A+ CATEGORY: air-conditioned, spacious en-suite cabins (with double or twin beds) on newly built ships (price includes Captain’s dinner and sightseeing of Dubrovnik, daily cabin service, mid-week fresh set of towels and bed linen).
A CATEGORY: cabins with private shower/toilet (3rd bed possible on request), mostly bunk beds
10 night/11 day program available every Wednesday from April 15th till October 14th
WEDNESDAY ARRIVAL ZAGREB (D)
Arrive in Zagreb and transfer to hotel. Evening at leisure.
THURSDAY ZAGREB WALKING TOUR (B)
Morning city tour of Zagreb includes walk through the historic Upper Town, where, among other sites, visit the St. Mark's Church, the Cathedral, the Government Palace and the Lotrščak tower. Overnight in Zagreb.
FRIDAY ZAGREB – PLITVICE LAKES – OPATIJA (B)
Morning departure towards the spectacular Plitvice National Park, consisting of 16 lakes, connected with a series of waterfalls. An environment where Karl May movies were made. Walking shoes are essential for our 3 hour walk in this wonderful environment and enjoy a boat ride on the emerald green Kozjak Lake and ride the street train back to the entrance. Drive to Opatija for overnight.
Saturday OPATIJA - KRK ISLAND (B,L)
Morning guided tour of Opatija, once the summer and winter resort of 19th Century elite Wilhelm II, Franz Josef, Gustav Mahler, and Isadora Duncan. Take a stroll along the seafront, visit the park and the oldest hotel on the Adriatic coast - Kvarner (1884). Transfer to the ship before departure at 13:00 h. Lunch on board followed by a swim stop in the crystal clear sea on route to Krk island - the largest of the Croatian islands. Krk has immense variety in its villages large and small, gentle green promenades bare rocky wilderness, tiny
islands and hundreds of hidden bays and beaches. Evening at leisure to enjoy numerous cafes and restaurants alongside the waterfront. Overnight in town of Krk.
Sunday KRK ISLAND - RAB ISLAND (B,L)
After breakfast cruise towards Rab island known as the “island of love”. Sightseeing of town encircled by medieval walls, Romanesque church towers, churches, palaces, stone streets and ancient facades. Enjoy the “gallery” on the streets and squares and try famous “Rapska torta“ cake, it is a must. If the time allows walk up to Kamenjak hill to enjoy the magnificent sunset. Overnight in town of Rab.
Monday RAB ISLAND - ZADAR (B,L)
Morning cruise from Rab towards Zadar along Pag island with a swim stop on the tiny MAUN island. Enjoy guided tour of the city, which was for centuries the metropolis of Dalmatia, and today the centre of the region. Zadar is rich in monumental heritage of world importance visible on every step. Here you can see The Roman forum dated to the 1st century AD, the church of St. Donatus dated to the 9th century AD – the most famous Medieval basilica and the symbol of the city, the mighty city walls with representative Port and Land gates from the 16th century AD, and numerous palaces, villas. The town is full of great restaurants packed in the centre. Of special interest are the famous Zadar Sea Organs, one of a kind in the world and “The Greeting to the Sun” light installation. Overnight.
Tuesday ZADAR - MOLAT ISLAND or OLIB (B,L,D)
Early departure for Molat or Olib island (depending on available space in the small harbours). Both islands are situated in the northern part of Zadar's archipelago where one can enjoy peace and serenity. Captain's dinner party on board and overnight.
Wednesday MOLAT ISLAND or OLIB - ILOVIK - LOŠINJ ISLAND (B,L)
After breakfast and morning swim, cruise towards Ilovik, the island of flowers for a short stop before departing for Lošinj island, one of the most popular islands on the northern Adriatic due to the abundance of pine trees and clear waters. Mali Lošinj is known as the “sunshine island”. On arrival take a walk along the harbor or walk up to the Lošinj Aromatic Garden or simply visit nearby, picturesque, town of Veli Lošinj. Overnight in Mali Lošinj.
Thursday LOŠINJ ISLAND - CRES ISLAND (B,L)
After a morning swim leave for Cres island, a long and narrow island covered with oak, beech and pine forests as well as wineyards and olive tree plantations. Cres and Mali Lošinj used to be one island but a channel dug by the Romans separated them. Spend the night in the harbour of this typical medieval town Cres.
Friday CRES ISLAND - OPATIJA (B,L)
After breakfast we leave for Opatija. On route we can experience the spectacular views of famous Opatija Riviera. Late afternoon arrival to Opatija for a stroll along the famous Franz Joseph promenade – Lungo Mare to the numerous cafes and restaurants in Opatija or nearby fishermen's village Volosko – well known for excellent seafood restaurants, the best in the region, as well as among the best in Croatia. For your last night on board we recommend a farewell party on the ship, a great opportunity for exchanging addresses with other passengers who have by now become your new friends.
Saturday OPATIJA (B)
After breakfast say goodbye to the crew and hope to see you again aboard Katarina Line cruises.
- 2 overnights Zagreb in 4* hotel (Hotel Dubrovnik, Hotel Palace or similar)
- 1 overnight Opatija in 4* hotel (Hotel Kristal, Grand, Agava or similar)
- 1 half board and 2 bed and breakfast services in hotels
- Visitor’s taxes during land part
- 7 overnights cruise according to KL1 itinerary with half board service (breakfast & lunch) on board of our A+ category ships (M/S Dalmatia or similar) with Captain’s dinner included
- All transfers as per itinerary (from airport Zagreb and to airport Zagreb)
- Guided tours of Zagreb, Plitvice, Opatija, Rab and Zadar
- Accommodation in air-conditioned TWIN or DOUBLE cabins on or under deck with daily cabin service
- Daily cabin cleaning
Obligatory supplement - VISITOR’S TAX & PORT FEES ARE NOT INCLUDED (to be paid on the spot) EUR 25.- per person per week
- Full Board supplement: EUR 115.- per person/week, min.10 pax required.
- Drink supplement: EUR 16.- per week – incl. choice of 1 drink - glass of wine, 1 beer or 1 soft drink with lunch
- Water supplement: EUR 20.- per person per week – includes 1,5 l of water per person per day- to be paid on the spot
- English Breakfast supplement: EUR 40.- per week - incl. 2 eggs, bacon, tomato and mushrooms, or fruit & yoghurt, or similar (regular continental breakfast included in price of the cruise includes: coffee, tea, milk, glass of juice, cereal, bread, a variety of spreads - butter, honey, jam, soft cheese; daily additions such as ham and cheese or boiled eggs, frankfurters, salami etc.) - hot & cold breakfast included on A+ ships
- Captain’s dinner: EUR 25.- - choice of fish or meat menu - ship's speciality served (included in price on A+ vessels)
- Wedding renewal package: EUR 100,- per couple – includes renewal ceremony performed by the captain, certificate, champagne, gift
- Extra towels: On A & A+ category ships the guests will be provided with two towels for personal use per week. Extra towels can be rented for EUR 3.- & beach towels EUR 5.- per week/towel. Katarina Line beach towel can be purchased on arrival for EUR 10.
- Daily cabin cleaning: EUR 15.- per person per week - included in the price for A+ vessels - not provided on A category ships but can be ordered in advance;
(if paid locally payment in KUNA currency, prices are informative and subject to change)
VENICE (EUR 70.- per person)
Visit Venice, one of the most unique cities in the world. Take a walk along picturesque bridges and a gondola ride or just sip a Bellini cocktail at St. Marks square. Depart from Opatija in the early morning (06:00 am and transfer to Rovinj or Poreč for a 3 hour ship transfer to Venice. Guided sightseeing tour of Venice. Afternoon return by ship to Rovinj or Porec followed by coach transfer to Opatija; includes bus and boat ride, guided sightseeing; passport required.
KRK island (EUR 25.- per person)
Visit the unique “Nada” winery in the town of Vrbnik which lies on a cliff above the sea in the famous wine region known for its wine sort Žlahtina grown only on this island. Transfer to the winery for a presentation and tasting of the Žlahtina along with ham, cheese, olives & bread). Min 2 pax required.
WAKEBOARDING & WATERSKIING ON KRK ISLAND (from EUR 14.- to EUR 40.- per person)
Experience adrenaline rush at Wakeboard center Cable Krk only 3 km from Krk town and enjoy wakeboarding on 650m long 5 cornered cableway system with 8 carriers. The use of a life jacket, skies or kneeboards and instructions from experienced staff are included in the price. Possibility to rent beginners or pro wakeboards, wake skates, wetsuits and helmets. Transfer is not included in the price.
4-WHEEL DRIVE ADVENTURE ON ISLAND CRES AND TO UČKA MOUNTAIN (Price on request)
To enjoy magnificent views of islands Krk and Cres - additional information on request
- 200 EUR per person upon reservation
- Rest of the payment one month prior to arrival
- The Captain reserves the right in changing the route in case of bad weather conditions
- Departures are guaranteed. Katarina Line reserves the right in cancelling departures with less than 10 participants and changing ship name if need arises
- Guests are obliged to follow ship rules (found in written form on the ship) especially with regards to bringing drinks on board.
- In case of bad behavior Katarina Line/captain reserves the right in asking clients to disembark
- From the day of confirmation up till 30 days prior to arrival – advance payment (EUR 200 per person) - non-refundable
- 29-22 days – 25% of the remaining balance
- 21-15 days – 50% of the remaining balance
- 14-0 days – 100% fee
- Name change / date change fee – 20 eur per person (valid only if the change is done up till 30 days prior booked departure, otherwise regular cancellation clause will be applied)
Katarina line highly recommends clients to take insurance against cancellation of reserved services! Katarina line offers a complete travel insurance package (travel health insurance, personal accident insurance, private liability, luggage insurance & trip cancellation). Additional information about travel insurance package can be found at ToS
Due specific mooring conditions and requirements in some Croatian ports, Katarina Line ships are moored side by side, making it necessary for the clients to cross from one ship to another with gaps in between ships in order to get to the shore. In such cases clients need to take special care when crossing and do this at their own risk. Crew assistance will be given to those needing and requesting it.