Croatia land & KL2 cruise
10 night/11 day program available every Wednesday from April 3rd till October 16th
WEDNESDAY ARRIVAL ZAGREB (D)
Arrive in Zagreb - transfer to hotel. Day at leisure. Overnight in Zagreb, the capital of Croatia.
THURSDAY ZAGREB WALKING TOUR (B)
Morning city tour of Zagreb. Walk through the historic Upper Town, where, among other sites, you will see St. Mark's Church, the Cathedral, the Government Palace and the Lotrscak tower. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight in Zagreb.
FRIDAY ZAGREB – PLITVICE LAKES – SPLIT (B)
Morning departure towards Croatia’s oldest and most beautiful Plitvice lakes National Park, consisting of 16 lakes, connected with a series of waterfalls. An environment where Karl May movies were made. The guests will walk through the park, enjoy a boat ride on the emerald green Kozjak Lake and ride the street train back to the entrance. Walking shoes are essential for our 3 hour walk in this wonderful environment! Drive to Split for overnight.
SATURDAY SPLIT – MAKARSKA (B,L)
Morning guided tour of Split, a monumental city under UNESCO protection that belongs not only to Croatians, but also to you, as it is a part of the world heritage. Here we find an abundance of Roman architecture – of special interest is the Diocletian palace. The tour will end in the harbour in front of the ship for cruise check in, and transfer for your luggage from the hotel will be arranged. Departure from Split harbour at 13:00h. Cruise along the Dalmatian coast down to Makarska Riviera whilst enjoying your lunch. Afternoon swim at one of the beautiful beaches. From there, those feeling adventurous can join our optional river rafting excursion on the Cetina river and meet up with the ship in Makarska in the evening. Overnight in the port of Makarska where strolling along the streets, you will come across numerous churches and other architectural and cultural sites.
SUNDAY MAKARSKA – MLJET (B,L)
Early morning departure towards Mljet with the a on the Peljesac peninsula for a refreshing swim. In the afternoon a visit to salt lakes in Mljet National Park and enjoy the sun, sea and tranquility of this peaceful island. In the middle of the large lake, inside the National park, we visit the monastery and church on St. Mary isle. Overnight in port Polaca/Pomena
MONDAY MLJET – DUBROVNIK (B,L)
After breakfast depart for Dubrovnik, the highlight of this cruise. Enjoy the beautiful sights of nature along the way towards “the heaven on earth” – according to the famous writer George Bernard Shaw. Arrive to Dubrovnik in the afternoon. Sightseeing of Dubrovnik followed by an optional cable car ride up to Srđ mountain for spectacular views of the old town. Take a walk through STRADUN – both a street and a square, a promenade inside the city walls. We recommend a walk on top of the 1,940 m long city walls! Overnight in the port of this magical town.
TUESDAY DUBROVNIK – SIPAN/TRSTENIK (B,L,D)
Morning is free to explore Dubrovnik. Discover the beauty of history through numerous monuments, little streets, churches… Around noon we leave this magnificent town and continue our cruise towards the Sipan isle or a small town of Trstenik on the Peljesac peninsula, where we will swim in the afternoon and spend the night. Possibility of visiting a local winery and on return join the Captain's dinner party on the ship!
WEDNESDAY SIPAN/TRSTENIK – KORCULA (B,L)
After breakfast depart for Korcula, the birthplace of MARCO POLO. Lunch on board in the Lumbarda bay near to Korcula. Late afternoon arrival where we overnight in port. On this island you can find more legends, tales and monuments than anywhere else. Listen to the story of the stone walls, which were built over two centuries ago. Sightseeing of Korcula and optional wine and appetizers tasting at a local winery before dinning in one of the numerous seafront restaurants or konobas on your own.
THURSDAY KORCULA –HVAR (B,L)
Early departure towards the Pakleni Islands for lunch and swim stop. Lunch followed by afternoon sightseeing of Hvar the longest island in the Adriatic. Here we can find the Renaissance cathedral with its original tower; also the oldest community theatre in Europe was founded here in 1612. Hvar offers abundant entertainment, excellent restaurants, bars and cafes that are open long into the night.
FRIDAY HVAR (Bol) – SPLIT (B,L)
Our next stop will be the island of Brac. Swimming is planned at one of the most famous beaches in Dalmatia – Zlatni Rat near Bol (the Golden cape - its gravel promontory shifts from side to side as the wind and waves constantly change in shape). Bol is a typical fishermen’s village turned into a popular tourist destination. After lunch we will start our journey back to Split where the last overnight is planned. A swimbreak is planned on route in one of the many bays on island of Brac. Enjoy the view of Split Riviera on as you arrive in the late afternoon.
SATURDAY SPLIT (B)
Early breakfast after which it is time to say goodbye to the crew and all your new friends! Transfer to the Airport.
- 2 overnights Zagreb in 4* hotel (Hotel Dubrovnik, Hotel Palace or similar)
- 1 overnight Split in 4* hotel (Hotel President, Art, Radisson or similar)
- 1 half board and 2 bed and breakfast services in hotels
- Visitor’s taxes during land part
- 7 overnights cruise according to KL2 itinerary with half board service (breakfast & lunch) on board of our A+ category ships (M/S Eos, M/S Ocean, M/S Meridijan or similar) with Captain’s dinner included
- All transfers as per itinerary (from airport Zagreb and to airport Split)
- Guided tours of Zagreb, Plitvice, Split, Dubrovnik, Korčula and Hvar
- Accommodation in air-conditioned TWIN or DOUBLE cabins on or under deck with daily cabin service
VISITOR’S TAX & PORT FEES for the cruise ARE NOT INCLUDED (to be paid on the spot at the ship) – EUR 20. - per person per week
- Supplement for full board EUR 115.- per person/week (gross), min.10 pax required.
- Drink supplement: EUR 16.- per week (netto) – incl. choice of 1 drink-glass of wine, 1 beer or 1 soft drink with lunch
- WATER SUPPLEMENT : EUR 20.- per person per week – includes 1,5 l of water per person per day- to be paid on the spot
- English breakfast supplement: EUR 40.- per week (netto) - incl. 2 eggs, bacon, tomato and mushrooms, or fruit & yoghurt, or similar (regular continental breakfast included in price of the cruise includes: coffee, tea, milk, glass of juice, cereal, bread, a variety of spreads- butter, honey, jam, soft cheese; daily additions such as ham and cheese or boiled eggs, frankfurters, salami etc.)
- Wedding renewal package: EUR 100.- (netto) per couple – includes wedding vows renewal ceremony performed by the captain, certificate, bottle of champagne, small gift
- 2 towels per week for personal use will be provided and changed midweek, anyone requiring more towels -additional towels can be rented at the ship for EUR 3.- & beach towels EUR 5.- per week
- Gratuities to crew and local guides
Cetina river rafting EUR 30.-
This is one of the most popular adventure activities in this area. The rapids of Cetina River are not difficult but still fun and exciting with breathtaking scenery is breath taking. The tour includes: bus transfer to and from the ship and guide instructor. Life vest and helmets are provided. Duration is approximately 5 hours together with bus transfer.
Dubrovnik cable car EUR 12.-
Enjoy the cable car in Dubrovnik to Srđ mountain and get scenic views of the old city.
Trstenik wine tasting EUR 8.-
Enjoy a wine tasting experience in the local winery
Korčula wine tasting EUR 10.-
Croatian wine & appetizer tasting
200 EUR per person upon reservation
Rest of the payment one month prior to arrival
- The Captain reserves the right in changing the route in case of bad weather conditions
- Departures are guaranteed. Katarina line reserves the right in cancelling departures with less than 10 participants and changing ship name if need arises
- Guests are obliged to follow ship rules (found in written form on the ship) especially with regards to bringing drinks on board.
- In case of bad behavior Katarina Line/captain reserves the right in asking clients to disembark
- From the day of confirmation up till 30 days prior to arrival – advance payment (EUR 200 per person) - non-refundable
- 29-22 days – 25% of the remaining balance
- 21-15 days – 50% of the remaining balance
- 14-0 days – 100% fee
- Name change / date change fee – 20 eur per person (valid only if the change is done up till 30 days prior booked departure, otherwise regular cancellation clause will be applied)