Croatia land & KL2 cruise
CABIN TYPE DESCRIPTIONS:
A+ CATEGORY: air-conditioned, spacious en-suite cabins (with double or twin beds) on newly built ships (price includes Captain’s dinner and sightseeing of Dubrovnik, daily cabin service, mid-week fresh set of towels and bed linen).
A CATEGORY: cabins with private shower/toilet (3rd bed possible on request), mostly bunk beds
10 night/11 day program available every Wednesday from April 15th till October 14th
WEDNESDAY ARRIVAL ZAGREB (D)
Arrival in Zagreb, the capital of Croatia - transfer to hotel. Day at leisure. Overnight.
THURSDAY ZAGREB WALKING TOUR (B)
Morning city tour of Zagreb. Walk through the historic Upper Town, where, among other sites, visit the St. Mark's Church, the Cathedral, the Government Palace and the Lotrščak tower. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight in Zagreb.
FRIDAY ZAGREB – PLITVICE LAKES – SPLIT (B)
Morning departure towards Croatia’s oldest and most beautiful Plitvice Lakes National Park, consisting of 16 lakes, connected with a series of waterfalls. An environment where Karl May movies were made. The guests will walk through the park, enjoy a boat ride on the emerald green Kozjak Lake and ride the street train back to the entrance. Walking shoes are essential for our 3 hour walk in this wonderful environment! Drive to Split for overnight.
SATURDAY SPLIT – MAKARSKA (B,L)
Morning guided tour of Split, a monumental city under UNESCO protection with abundance of Roman architecture – of special interest is the Diocletian palace. The tour will end in the harbour in front of the ship for cruise check in. Luggage transfer will be arranged from the hotel. Departure from Split harbour towards Makarska at 13:00h. Cruise along the Dalmatian coast whilst enjoying your lunch. Afternoon swim at one of the wonderful beaches. From there, those feeling adventurous can join our optional river rafting excursion or zipline on the Cetina river and meet up with the ship in Makarska in the evening. Overnight in the port of Makarska where strolling along the streets, you will come across numerous churches and other architectural and cultural sites.
SUNDAY MAKARSKA – MLJET (B,L)
Early morning departure towards Mljet with a stop on the Pelješac peninsula for a refreshing swim. Afternoon visit to salt lakes in Mljet National Park to enjoy the sun, sea and tranquility of this peaceful island. In the middle of the large lake, inside the National park, we visit the monastery and church on St. Mary isle. Overnight in port Polača/Pomena.
MONDAY MLJET – DUBROVNIK (B,L)
After breakfast depart for Dubrovnik, the highlight of this cruise. Enjoy the nature along the way towards “the heaven on earth” – according to the famous writer George Bernard Shaw. Arrive to Dubrovnik in the afternoon when you can explore on your own or join our guided tour of the city followed by an optional cable car ride up to Srđ mountain for spectacular views of the old town. Take a walk through STRADUN – both a street and a square, a promenade inside the city walls. We also recommend a walk on top of the 1,940 m long city walls! Overnight in the port of this magical town.
TUESDAY DUBROVNIK – ŠIPAN/TRSTENIK (B,L,D)
Morning is free to explore Dubrovnik. Discover the beauty of history through numerous monuments, little streets, churches… Around noon we leave this magnificent town and continue our cruise towards Šipan isle or small town of Trstenik on the Pelješac peninsula, where we will swim in the afternoon and spend the night. Possibility of visiting a local winery. Captain’s dinner on board in the evening.
WEDNESDAY ŠIPAN/TRSTENIK – KORČULA (B,L)
After breakfast depart for island Korčula, the birthplace of famous explorer MARCO POLO. Lunch on board in bay near the town of Korčula. Afternoon arrival where we overnight in port. Surrounded by ancient walls and fortified bastions Korčula’s old town is very well preserved with its layout and structure dating back to 13th century. Sightseeing of Korčula and optional wine and appetizers tasting at a local winery before dinning in one of the numerous seafront restaurants or konobas on your own.
THURSDAY KORČULA – HVAR (B,L)
Early departure towards the Pakleni Islands for lunch and a swim stop followed by afternoon sightseeing of Hvar, the longest island in the Adriatic. Here we can find the Renaissance cathedral with its original tower as well as the oldest community theatre in Europe founded here in 1612. Hvar offers abundant entertainment, excellent restaurants, bars and cafes that are open long into the night. Overnight in Hvar.
FRIDAY HVAR (Bol) - SPLIT (B,L)
Our next stop is Brač island. Swimming is planned at the most famous beach in Dalmatia – Zlatni Rat near Bol (the Golden Horn - its gravel promontory shifts from side to side as the wind and waves constantly change in shape). Bol is a typical fishermen’s village converted into a popular tourist destination. After lunch we will start our journey back to Split where the last overnight is planned. A swim break is planned on route in one of the many bays on Brač island. Enjoy the view of Split Riviera. Overnight in the port.
SATURDAY SPLIT (B)
Early breakfast after which it is time to say goodbye to the crew and all your new friends!
- 2 overnights Zagreb in 4* hotel (Hotel Dubrovnik, Hotel Palace or similar)
- 1 overnight Split in 4* hotel (Hotel President, Art, Radisson or similar)
- 1 half board and 2 bed and breakfast services in hotels
- Visitor’s taxes during land part
- 7 overnights cruise according to KL2 itinerary with half board service (breakfast & lunch) on board of our A+ category ships (M/S Eos, M/S Azimut, M/S Vapor or similar) with Captain’s dinner included
- All transfers as per itinerary (from airport Zagreb and to airport Split)
- Guided tours of Zagreb, Plitvice, Split, Dubrovnik, Korčula and Hvar
- Accommodation in air-conditioned TWIN or DOUBLE cabins on deck or under deck with daily cabin service
Obligatory supplement - VISITOR’S TAX & PORT FEES ARE NOT INCLUDED (to be paid on the spot) EUR 25.- per person per week
- Entrance to National Parks: prices vary from EUR 10. - 15.- per person depending on season and park
- Full Board supplement: EUR 115.- per person/week, min.10 pax required.
- Drink supplement: EUR 16.- per week – incl. choice of 1 drink - glass of wine, 1 beer or 1 soft drink with lunch
- Water supplement: EUR 20.- per person per week – includes 1,5 l of water per person per day- to be paid on the spot
- English Breakfast supplement: EUR 40.- per week - incl. 2 eggs, bacon, tomato and mushrooms, or fruit & yoghurt, or similar (regular continental breakfast included in price of the cruise includes: coffee, tea, milk, glass of juice, cereal, bread, a variety of spreads - butter, honey, jam, soft cheese; daily additions such as ham and cheese or boiled eggs, frankfurters, salami etc.) - hot & cold breakfast included on A+ ships
- Captain’s dinner: EUR 25.- - choice of fish or meat menu - ship's speciality served (included in price on A+ vessels)
- Wedding renewal package: EUR 100,- per couple – includes renewal ceremony performed by the captain, certificate, champagne, gift
- Extra towels: On A & A+ category ships the guests will be provided with two towels for personal use per week. Extra towels can be rented for EUR 3.- & beach towels EUR 5.- per week/towel. Katarina Line beach towel can be purchased on arrival for EUR 10.-
- Daily cabin cleaning: EUR 15.- per person per week - included in the price for A+ vessels - not provided on A category ships but can be ordered in advance;
(if paid locally payment in KUNA currency, prices are informative and subject to change)
CETINA RIVER RAFTING EUR 34.-
This is one of the most popular adventure activities in this area. The rapids of Cetina River are not difficult but fun and exciting with breathtaking scenery is breath taking. The tour includes: bus transfer to and from the ship and guide instructor. Life vest and helmets are provided. Duration is approximately 5 hours together with bus transfer.
CETINA CANYON ZIP LINE EUR 60.-
Feel the adrenalin rush in the Cetina river canyon! 8 steel lines will make you scream while sliding 150m above the ground in the magnificent canyon.
MOSTAR EUR 68.-
Saturday after the cruise; experience Bosnia and Herzegovina's most beautiful city, view the iconic 'Stari Most'/Old Bridge, discover Ottoman and Turkish history – bus excursion / passport required / minimum 10 persons.
KRKA WATERFALLS EUR 65.-
Saturday after the cruise; Do not hesitate to swim at the wonderful Krka waterfalls and visit the historic town Šibenik. After a guided tour of the oldest Croatian town on the Adriatic coast, excursion continues to Krka waterfalls to explore beautiful natural surroundings. Return to Split in late afternoon hours.
KORČULA WINE TASTING EUR 15.-
Join our optional wine tasting in Korčula to try some of the famous Dalmatian and Croatian wines. Discover the story behind their perfect taste while enjoying a light snack.
KORČULA VILLAGE DINNER EXPERIENCE EUR 27.-
Try a typical Dalmatian dinner in small village near the town of Korčula and find out more about the history and traditional way of living.
DUBROVNIK CABLE CAR EUR 13.-
Enjoy the cable car in Dubrovnik to Srđ mountain and enjoy the scenic views of the old city.
SEA KAYAKING AROUND DUBROVNIK CITY WALLS EUR 30.-
Join the adventure in a one or two-seater kayak with all your belongings tucked safely inside a waterproof barrel. Departures from the entrance to the old town.
OPTIONAL SIGHTSEEING IN FOLLOWING TOWNS (min 10 pax required): Split, Hvar, Korčula, Dubrovnik - EUR 10.- per person per tour;
10% discount available for 3 or more tours booked in advance; A+ ships have Dubrovnik tour included in the price.
- 200 EUR per person upon reservation
- Rest of the payment one month prior to arrival
- The Captain reserves the right in changing the route in case of bad weather conditions
- Departures are guaranteed. Katarina line reserves the right in cancelling departures with less than 10 participants and changing ship name if need arises
- Guests are obliged to follow ship rules (found in written form on the ship) especially with regards to bringing drinks on board.
- In case of bad behavior Katarina Line/captain reserves the right in asking clients to disembark
- From the day of confirmation up till 30 days prior to arrival – advance payment (EUR 200 per person) - non-refundable
- 29-22 days – 25% of the remaining balance
- 21-15 days – 50% of the remaining balance
- 14-0 days – 100% fee
- Name change / date change fee – 20 eur per person (valid only if the change is done up till 30 days prior booked departure, otherwise regular cancellation clause will be applied)
Katarina line highly recommends clients to take insurance against cancellation of reserved services! Katarina line offers a complete travel insurance package (travel health insurance, personal accident insurance, private liability, luggage insurance & trip cancellation). Additional information about travel insurance package can be found at ToS
Due specific mooring conditions and requirements in some Croatian ports, Katarina Line ships are moored side by side, making it necessary for the clients to cross from one ship to another with gaps in between ships in order to get to the shore. In such cases clients need to take special care when crossing and do this at their own risk. Crew assistance will be given to those needing and requesting it.