Croatia land & KL5 cruise
10 night/11 day program available every Sunday from April 19th till October 18th
Check in from 13.00h onwards (GRUŽ harbour) with dinner as your first meal. Due to the many different flight arrivals the first overnight is planned in Dubrovnik - a unique town on the Adriatic. The special charm of this old town are the buildings that have remained from the time of the old Dubrovnik Republic. A larger part of the monuments of history and culture belong to the fine but modest Renaissance architecture with some traces of the Gothic style. Use the afternoon to explore the city walls and plan what to do on your last night of the cruise when we return to this wonderful city. Overnight in Dubrovnik.
MONDAY DUBROVNIK – MLJET
After breakfast we continue our journey towards the island and national park Mljet. Lunch on board. The whole afternoon is free to enjoy the salt lakes in the National Park and enjoy the sun and sea on this peaceful island. In the middle of the large lake, inside the National park, one can visit an old abbey and church, or just use a small boat to roam around the National park. Bicycles can also be hired to cycle around the paths that surround the lakes or cars for those wanting to go further. Overnight in port Polača/Pomena.
TUESDAY MLJET – KORČULA
During breakfast departure for Korčula, the birthplace of famous explorer MARCO POLO. Lunch on board in front of Lumbarda bay. Arrive in Korčula in the afternoon where everyone is free to do their own sightseeing. Surrounded by ancient walls and fortified bastions Korčula’s old town is very well preserved with its layout and structure dating back to 13th century. Overnight in port.
WEDNESDAY KORČULA – HVAR
Early in the morning we depart towards the little island Šćedro where we will have enough time to relax and refresh in the clean, crystal blue sea. Departure for Hvar after lunch. Hvar is the longest island in the Adriatic. Here we can find the Renaissance cathedral with its original tower; also the oldest community theatre in Europe was founded here in 1612. City of Hvar offers plenty of restaurants, bars and cafes that are open long into the night. Hvar is often referred to as the sunshine and jet-set island.
THURSDAY HVAR - TRSTENIK
Leave Hvar and continue our cruise towards the little village and harbour Trstenik on Pelješac peninsula, where we will swim in the afternoon and spend the night. Lunch on board. Chief occupations include farming, viniculture (the famous Plavac Mali wine, the ancestor of the Californian Zinfandel), fishing and tourism. The coastline along the town and the neighbouring islets is covered by pine groves, offering fine ambience for swimming. The famous Grgić winery is situated here – have a walk and taste some of their lovely wine!
FRIDAY TRSTENIK – ŠIPAN
Early in the morning we continue our trip towards the Elafiti islands. a group of islands west of Dubrovnik. They include Šipan, Lopud and Koločep (Kalamota). They attract many tourists with their beautiful scenery and sandy beaches. Swimming and lunch is planned at one of the smaller Elafiti islands. ŠIPAN, the largest island of the Elafiti, is also the most distant from Dubrovnik. This is where we will spend the night.
SATURDAY ŠIPAN – DUBROVNIK
Early departure for Dubrovnik with breakfast on route. Enjoy the beautiful sights of nature along the way towards “the heaven on earth” - according to the famous writer George Bernard Shaw. Lunch on board and arrival to Dubrovnik early in the afternoon (around 14:00h) and have a whole afternoon free to explore Dubrovnik or go for a swim. You can explore Dubrovnik on your own or join our guided tour of Dubrovnik with an English speaking guide. Take a walk through STRADUN – both a street and a square, a promenade inside the city walls. For those of you with more enthusiasm we recommend a walk on top of the 1940m long city walls or take a cable car ride to top of Srđ mountain to get scenic views of the old city! Overnight in the GRUŽ port of this magical town.
SUNDAY DUBROVNIK - MONTENEGRO (B)
Early breakfast, say goodbye to the crew and all your new friends and join bus excursion to Montenegro. A small country with magnificent mountains rising above the Adriatic Sea, filled with natural beauty, clear lakes, fast rivers and serene beaches. Enjoy exploring Montenegro's contrasting nature attractions, interesting history, culture, tradition, good weather and clean air. Late afternoon return and transfer to hotel. Overnight.
MONDAY DUBROVNIK - MOSTAR (B)
After breakfast join the escorted bus tour to Mostar, a town of contrasts, culture, color and cuisine. The town is divided not only by the Neretva River that flows through it but also by religion and culture from one bank to the other. Mostar, in neighboring Bosnia and Herzegovina, is where “east meets west”. Just a short drive up the Adriatic coast and then inwards following the breathtaking Neretva Valley will offer stunning views of the local countryside. Here the Neretva River enriches the land bringing to your senses the colors and scents from mandarin and kiwi plantations. Overnight in hotel.
TUESDAY DUBROVNIK (B)
Day at leisure.
WEDNESDAY DUBROVNIK (B)
After breakfast transfer to the airport.
Dates & Prices
CABIN TYPE DESCRIPTIONS:
A + CATEGORY: air-conditioned, spacious en-suite cabins (with double or twin beds) on newly built ships (price includes Captain’s dinner and sightseeing of Dubrovnik, daily cabin service, mid-week fresh set of towels and bed linen).
A CATEGORY: cabins with private shower/toilet (3rd bed possible on request), mostly bunk beds
- 7 overnights cruise according to KL5 itinerary with half board service (breakfast & lunch) on board of our A+ category ships (M/S Vapor, M/S Kapetan Bota II or similar) with Captain’s dinner included
- 3 overnights with breakfast in Dubrovnik in a 3+*/4* hotel (hotel Lapad, hotel Park or similar)
- Guided coach excursion to Montenegro
- Guided coach excursion to Mostar
- All transfers as per itinerary (return airport transfers in Dubrovnik, local transfer port-hotel)
- Sightseeing of Dubrovnik
- Accommodation in air-conditioned TWIN or DOUBLE cabins on or under deck with daily cabin service
Obligatory supplement - VISITOR’S TAX & PORT FEES ARE NOT INCLUDED (to be paid on the spot) EUR 25.- per person per week
- Entrance to National Parks: prices vary from EUR 10. - 15.- per person depending on season and park
- Full Board supplement: EUR 115.- per person/week, min.10 pax required.
- Drink supplement: EUR 16.- per week – incl. choice of 1 drink - glass of wine, 1 beer or 1 soft drink with lunch
- Water supplement: EUR 20.- per person per week – includes 1,5 l of water per person per day- to be paid on the spot
- English Breakfast supplement: EUR 40.- per week - incl. 2 eggs, bacon, tomato and mushrooms, or fruit & yoghurt, or similar (regular Continental breakfast included in price of the cruise includes: coffee, tea, milk, glass of juice, cereal, bread, a variety of spreads - butter, honey, jam, soft cheese; daily additions such as ham and cheese or boiled eggs, frankfurters, salami etc.) - hot & cold breakfast included on A+ ships
- Captain’s dinner: EUR 25.- choice of fish or meat menu - ship's speciality served (included in price on A+ vessels)
- Wedding renewal package: EUR 100,- per couple – includes renewal ceremony performed by the captain, certificate, champagne, gift
- Extra towels: On A & A+ category ships the guests will be provided with two towels for personal use per week. Extra towels can be rented for EUR 3.- & beach towels EUR 5.- per week/towel. Katarina Line beach towel can be purchased on arrival for EUR 10.-
- Daily cabin cleaning: EUR 15.- per person per week - included in the price for A+ vessels - not provided on A category ships but can be ordered in advance;
(if paid locally payment in KUNA currency, prices are informative and subject to change)
DUBROVNIK CABLE CAR EUR 13.-
Enjoy the cable car in Dubrovnik to Srđ mountain and enjoy the scenic views of the old city.
SEA KAYAKING AROUND DUBROVNIK CITY WALLS EUR 30.-
Join the adventure in a one or two-seater kayak with all your belongings tucked safely inside a waterproof barrel.
Departures from the entrance to the old town.
KORČULA WINE TASTING EUR 15.-
Join our optional wine tasting in Korčula to try some of the famous Dalmatian and Croatian wines. Discover the story
behind their perfect taste while enjoying a light snack.
KORČULA VILLAGE DINNER EXPERIENCE EUR 27.-
Try typical Dalmatian dinner in small village near the town of Korčula and find out more about the history and traditional
way of living.
Optional sightseeing in following towns (min 10 pax required):
Hvar, Korčula, Dubrovnik - EUR 10,- per person per tour; 10% discount available for 3 or more tours booked in advance;
A+ ships have Dubrovnik tour included in the price.
- 200 EUR per person upon reservation
- Rest of the payment one month prior to arrival
- The Captain reserves the right in changing the route in case of bad weather conditions
- Departures are guaranteed. Katarina line reserves the right in cancelling departures with less than 10 participants and changing ship name if need arises
- Guests are obliged to follow ship rules (found in written form on the ship) especially with regards to bringing drinks on board.
- In case of bad behavior Katarina Line/captain reserves the right in asking clients to disembark
- From the day of confirmation up till 30 days prior to arrival – advance payment (EUR 200 per person) - nonrefundable
- 29-22 days – 25% of the remaining balance
- 21-15 days – 50% of the remaining balance
- 14-0 days – 100% fee
- Name change / date change fee – 20 eur per person (valid only if the change is done up till 30 days prior booked departure, otherwise regular cancellation clause will be applied)
Katarina line highly recommends clients to take insurance against cancellation of reserved services! Katarina line offers a complete
travel insurance package (travel health insurance, personal accident insurance, private liability, luggage insurance & trip cancellation).
Additional information about travel insurance package can be found at Tos
Due specific mooring conditions and requirements in some Croatian ports, Katarina Line ships are moored side by side, making it
necessary for the clients to cross from one ship to another with gaps in between ships in order to get to the shore. In such cases clients
need to take special care when crossing and do this at their own risk. Crew assistance will be given to those needing and requesting it.