Croatia land & KL7 cruise - Dubrovnik - Split
10 night/11 day program
Wednesday DUBROVNIK (D)
Arrive in Dubrovnik - transfer to hotel. Day at leisure. Overnight in Dubrovnik.
Thursday DUBROVNIK – MONTENEGRO (B)
After early breakfast join a bus excursion to Montenegro. A small country attracting with its magnificent mountains rising above the Adriatic Sea, filled with natural beauty, clear lakes, fast rivers and serene beaches. Enjoy exploring Montenegro's contrasting nature attractions, interesting history, culture, tradition, good weather and clean air. Up on return (approx at 6:30pm) transfer to the hotel. Overnight in the hotel.
Friday DUBROVNIK – MOSTAR (B)
Join the escorted bus tour to Mostar, a city of contrasts, culture, color and cuisine. The city is divided by not only the Neretva River that flows through it but also by religion and culture from one bank to the other. Mostar, in neighboring Bosnia and Herzegovina, is a memorable place to visit is where "east meets west" and where the journey to it is invigoratingly full of contrasts. Just a short drive up the Adriatic coast and then inwards following the breathtaking Neretva Valley will offer stunning views of the local countryside. Here the Neretva River enriches the land bringing to your senses the colors and scents from mandarin and kiwi plantations. Overnight in hotel.
Saturday DUBROVNIK – ŠIPAN (B,L)
Guided tour of Dubrovnik. The special charm of this old city are the buildings that have remained from the time of the old Dubrovnik Republic. A larger part of the monuments of history and culture belong to the fine but modest Renaissance architecture with some traces of the Gothic style. Departure from Dubrovnik harbor Gruz at 1 pm , cruise along the south Dalmatian coast down to the one of the Elaphite islands - Sipan where overnight is planned. Enjoy your evening meal and experience the fantastic sunset in this small fishermen village.
Sunday ŠIPAN/MLJET – KORČULA (B,L)
After breakfast we continue towards Mljet where we visit the National Park - two salt lakes connected by a narrow channel to the sea. Includes a boat ride to the St Mary isle in the Great Lake, where the old church and monastery are situated. Swimming in lakes or cycling around them is permitted. After lunch, we continue towards Korčula, the birthplace of famous explorer and adventurer Marco Polo. Surrounded by medieval walls, Korčula resembles a miniature Dubrovnik when approaching from the sea. The town has more legends, tales and monuments than you can find anywhere else. Today, Korčula is the only place in the world where the Spanish medieval knight's game – Moreška is still performed. Before arriving in Korcula in the afternoon hours a swim break in one of the beautiful little bays is planned, and upon arrival enjoy a walk throughout the streets of the old town built in the shape of a fish bone. Visit the numerous konobas/taverns, restaurants, cocktail bars or night-clubs located within and around the city walls. Overnight in port.
Monday KORČULA – HVAR (B,L)
This morning we head towards the island of Hvar, the longest and sunniest Adriatic island, a favourite destination for jet setters from all around the world. After lunch we stop for swimming, relaxing and refreshment in clear, crystal blue sea at nearby Pakleni islands. Arrival in Hvar in the afternoon hours. Town offers many cultural and historical sites (Renaissance cathedral, the oldest communal theater in Europe founded in 1612, Franciscan monastery, the Benedictine convent famous for their lace listed on the UNESCO World Heritage List, Spanjola fortress towering above the town ...) and many restaurants and bars and nightclubs open late all night long.
Tuesday HVAR – VIS (B,L)
Our next destination is the island of Vis, which was a strategic navy harbour due to its unique geographical position and as such closed to the public until recently. Because of its isolation, Vis has a special charm of ‘the Mediterranean as it once was’ which makes it really interesting to see. Overnight in the town of Vis, situated on the northern side of the island, developed near the remains of the ancient Issa, first urban centre in Croatia. If interested, visit the remains of the Roman thermal place, City museum or simply take a walk enjoying the views of the beautiful Villae Rusticae situated along the waterfront.
Wednesday VIS – BOL (BRAČ) (B,L,D)
This morning we continue our cruise to the island of Brač, more precisely to the town of Bol, a typical Dalmatian fishermen's village turned into tourist destination. Bol is certainly best known for its famous Zlatni Rat beach (Golden horn), a natural phenomenon that with its specific form dominates the other beaches of Bol. The promenade walk (cca 2 hours) from Bol you can reach the highest peak of all Adriatic islands – Vidova gora, under which town lies. Overnight in Bol.
Thursday BOL (BRAČ) – MAKARSKA (B,L)
Our next destination is the town of Makarska, the famous tourist destination with many restaurants and bars and interesting beach promenade. Enjoy the magic of the central spot of the Makarska Riviera, and be sure to take a walk along the city streets – with abundance of churches and other cultural sites.
Friday MAKARSKA – SPLIT (B,L)
After lunch we cruise towards Omiš, a picturesque town surrounded by steep rocky mountain cliffs, where the river Cetina flows into the Adriatic sea, ideal for river rafting on the streams of the Cetina river. Climb up to the old fortress above the town or simply take a walk through the old town of Omiš and discover the glorious long history through the many historical monuments. Afterwards we continue our cruise towards our last destination – the town of Split, a city under UNESCO protection, and its historical richness and beauty does not belong only to people who live near its walls, but are offered to those that want to experience the centuries-old beauty. Upon arrival we recommend to join our guided tour of Split with an English speaking guide for walk through the old city center, 1700 year old Diocletian's palace. Overnight in Split.
Saturday SPLIT (B)
After breakfast you will say goodbye to the crew and your new friends with the hope we meet again on one of the ships in the Katarina line fleet! Transfer to the airport.
Dates & Prices
- 3 overnights Dubrovnik in 4* hotel (Hotel Lapad, Hotel Park or similar)
- 1 half board + 2 bed & breakfast services in hotels
Visitor’s taxes during land part
- 7 overnights cruise according to KL7 itinerary with half board service (breakfast & lunch) on board of our A+ category ships (M/S Pacific, M/S Meridijan or similar) with Captain’s dinner included
- All transfers as per itinerary (from airport Dubrovnik and to airport Split)
- Guided tours of Split, Dubrovnik, Korčula and Hvar
- Accommodation in air-conditioned TWIN or DOUBLE cabins on or under deck with daily cabin service
VISITOR’S TAX & PORT FEES for the cruise ARE NOT INCLUDED (to be paid on the spot at the ship) – EUR 20. - per person per week
- Full board supplement EUR 115.- per person/week (gross), min.10 pax required.
- Drink supplement: EUR 16.- per week (netto) – incl. choice of 1 drink-glass of wine, 1 beer or 1 soft drink with lunch
- WATER SUPPLEMENT : EUR 20.- per person per week – includes 1,5 l of water per person per day- to be paid on the spot
- English breakfast supplement: EUR 40.- per week (netto) - incl. 2 eggs, bacon, tomato and mushrooms, or fruit & yoghurt, or similar (regular continental breakfast included in price of the cruise includes: coffee, tea, milk, glass of juice, cereal, bread, a variety of spreads- butter, honey, jam, soft cheese; daily additions such as ham and cheese or boiled eggs, frankfurters, salami etc.)
- Wedding renewal package: EUR 100.- (netto) per couple – includes wedding vows renewal ceremony performed by the captain, certificate, bottle of champagne, small gift
- 2 towels per week for personal use will be provided and changed midweek, anyone requiring more towels -additional towels can be rented at the ship for EUR 3.- & beach towels EUR 5.- per week
- Gratuities to crew and local guides
Cetina river rafting EUR 30.-
This is one of the most popular adventure activities in this area. The rapids of Cetina River are not difficult but still fun and exciting with breathtaking scenery is breath taking. The tour includes: bus transfer to and from the ship and guide instructor. Life vest and helmets are provided. Duration is approximately 5 hours together with bus transfer.
Korčula wine tasting EUR 10.-
Croatian wine & appetizer tasting
200 EUR per person upon reservation
Rest of the payment one month prior to arrival
- The Captain reserves the right in changing the route in case of bad weather conditions
- Departures are guaranteed. Katarina line reserves the right in cancelling departures with less than 10 participants and changing ship name if need arises
- Guests are obliged to follow ship rules (found in written form on the ship) especially with regards to bringing drinks on board.
- In case of bad behavior Katarina Line/captain reserves the right in asking clients to disembark
- From the day of confirmation up till 30 days prior to arrival – advance payment (EUR 200 per person) - non-refundable
- 29-22 days – 25% of the remaining balance
- 21-15 days – 50% of the remaining balance
- 14-0 days – 100% fee
- Name change / date change fee – 20 eur per person (valid only if the change is done up till 30 days prior booked departure, otherwise regular cancellation clause will be applied)