Croatia land & KL7 cruise - Dubrovnik - Split
10 night/11 day program
Guaranteed departures from Dubrovnik
Arrive in Dubrovnik - transfer to hotel. Day at leisure. Overnight in Dubrovnik.
THURSDAY DUBROVNIK - MONTENEGRO (B)
After early breakfast join a bus excursion to Montenegro. A small country with magnificent mountains rising above the Adriatic Sea, filled with natural beauty, clear lakes, fast rivers and serene beaches. Enjoy exploring Montenegro's contrasting nature attractions, interesting history, culture and tradition. On return at approx 6:30pm transfer to the hotel. Overnight in the hotel.
FRIDAY DUBROVNIK - MOSTAR (B)
Join the escorted bus tour to Mostar, a town of contrasts, culture, color and cuisine. It is divided not only by the Neretva River that flows through it but also by religion and culture from one bank to the other. Mostar, in neighboring Bosnia and Herzegovina, is where “east meets west”. Just a short drive up the Adriatic coast and then inwards following the breathtaking Neretva Valley will offer stunning views of the local countryside. Here the Neretva river enriches the land bringing to your senses the colors and scents from mandarin and kiwi plantations. Overnight in hotel.
SATURDAY DUBROVNIK - ŠIPAN or SLANO (B, L)
Enjoy morning guided tour of Dubrovnik to find out more about its rich history. The special charm of this old city are the buildings that have remained from the time of the old Dubrovnik Republic. A larger part of the monuments of history and culture belong to the fine but modest Renaissance architecture with some traces of the Gothic style. Tour ends with transfer to Gruž port where our ship will be docked and your luggage already on board. Departure from Dubrovnik harbor Gruz at 1 pm, cruise along the south Dalmatian coast down to the one of Elaphite islands - Šipan where overnight is planned. Enjoy your evening and experience the fantastic sunset in this small fishermen's village.
SUNDAY ŠIPAN or SLANO – MLJET - KORČULA (B, L)
After breakfast we continue our journey towards the island and national park Mljet. Lunch on board. Free time to enjoy the salt lakes in the National Park and enjoy the sun and sea on this peaceful island. In the middle of the large lake, inside the National park, one can visit an old abbey and church, or just use a small boat to roam around the National park. Bicycles can also be hired to cycle around the paths that surround the lakes. We continue to Korčula where we arrive in late afternoon. Surrounded by ancient walls and fortified bastions Korčula’s old town is very well preserved with its layout and structure dating back to 13th century. Overnight in port.
MONDAY KORČULA - HVAR (B, L)
Early in the morning we depart towards the little island Šćedro where we will have enough time to relax and refresh in the clean, crystal blue sea. Departure for Hvar after lunch. Hvar is the longest island in the Adriatic. Here we can find the Renaissance cathedral with its original tower; also the oldest community theatre in Europe was founded here in 1612. City of Hvar offers plenty of restaurants, bars and cafes that are open long into the night. Hvar is often referred to as the sunshine and jet-set island
TUESDAY HVAR - VIS (B, L)
Our next destination is the island of Vis, which was, because of its unique geographical position, a strategic harbour for the navy and closed to the public until recently. Because of this isolation, Vis has a special charm of ‘the Mediterranean as it once was’ which makes it really interesting to see. Overnight in the town of Vis, situated on the northern side of the island, developed near the remains of the ancient Issa, first urban centre in Croatia. If interested, visit the remains of the Roman thermal place, City museum or simply take a walk enjoying the views of the beautiful villae rusticae situated along the waterfront.
WEDNESDAY VIS - BOL - MAKARSKA (B, L)
Leave Hvar and continue our cruise towards the island of Brač, more precisely to the town of Bol, best known for its famous Zlatni rat beach (Golden horn), a natural phenomenon that with its specific form dominates the other beaches of Croatia. After the swimming break or short walk around the village we continue towards Makarska where strolling along the streets, you will come across numerous churches and other architectural and cultural sites. Overnight in port.
THURSDAY MAKARSKA – PUČIŠĆA - OMIŠ (B, L)
Early in the morning we continue our trip towards Pučišća, a typical Mediterranean place, situated on the northern side of the Brač island at the bottom of the deep bay. It is cradle of the world’s famous stone of Brač. There is a possibility of visiting a stone-masonry workshop, one of the few stone masonry workshops left in Europe. We continue to Omiš, a picturesque town surrounded with steep rocky mountain cliffs, where the river Cetina flows into the Adriatic sea, ideal for river rafting on the streams of the Cetina river. Overnight in port.
FRIDAY OMIŠ – SPLIT (B)
Departure for our last destination, the town of Split, a city under UNESCO protection famous for its old city center, 1700 year old Diocletian's palace. Upon arrival we recommend to join our guided tour of Split with an English speaking guide.
Dates & Prices
- 3 overnights Dubrovnik in 3+*/4* hotel (Hotel Lero, Lapad, Park or similar)
- 3 bed & breakfast services in hotels
- Visitor’s taxes during land part
- 7 overnights cruise according to KL7 itinerary with half board service (breakfast & lunch) on board of our A+ category ships with Captain’s dinner included
- All transfers as per itinerary (from airport Dubrovnik and to airport Split, from hotel to centre of old town and from old town to port Gruž)
- Guided tours of Split, Dubrovnik, Hvar, Korčula
- Guided coach excursion to Montenegro, guided coach excursion to Mostar
- Accommodation in air-conditioned TWIN or DOUBLE cabins on deck or under deck with daily cabin service
Obligatory supplement - VISITOR’S TAX & PORT FEES ARE NOT INCLUDED (to be paid on the spot) EUR 25.- per person per week
- Entrance to National Parks: prices vary from EUR 10. - 15.- per person depending on season and park
- Full Board supplement: EUR 115.- per person/week, min.10 pax required.
- Drink supplement: EUR 16.- per week – incl. choice of 1 drink - glass of wine, 1 beer or 1 soft drink with lunch
- Water supplement: EUR 20.- per person per week – includes 1,5 l of water per person per day- to be paid on the spot
- Wedding renewal package: EUR 100,- per couple – includes renewal ceremony performed by the captain, certificate, champagne, gift
- Extra towels: On A+ category ships the guests will be provided with two towels for personal use per week. Extra towels can be rented for EUR 3.- & beach towels EUR 5.- per week/towel. Katarina Line beach towel can be purchased on arrival for EUR 10.-
(if paid locally payment in KUNA currency, prices are informative and subject to change)
CETINA RIVER RAFTING EUR 34.-
This is one of the most popular adventure activities in this area. The rapids of Cetina River are not difficult but fun and exciting with breathtaking scenery is breath taking. The tour includes: bus transfer to and from the ship and guide instructor. Life vest and helmets are provided. Duration is approximately 5 hours together with bus transfer.
CETINA CANYON ZIP LINE EUR 60.-
Feel the adrenalin rush in the Cetina river canyon! 8 steel lines will make you scream while sliding 150m above the ground in the magnificent canyon.
KRKA WATERFALLS EUR 65.-
Saturday after the cruise; Do not hesitate to swim at the wonderful Krka waterfalls and visit the historic town Šibenik. After a guided tour of the oldest Croatian town on the Adriatic coast, excursion continues to Krka waterfalls to explore beautiful natural surroundings. Return to Split in late afternoon hours.
PLITVICE LAKES (EUR 87.- per person)
Saturday after the cruise. Visit the famous Plitvice Lakes, sixteen turquoise colored lakes with crystal clear water connected by magnificent waterfalls. Pure nature, mountain forests and fresh air. One of the most beautiful national parks in Croatia, and a UNESCO site. A full day tour, starting early in the morning and returning just for your dinner. One-day tour begins in the early morning hours (7:30 am) while the return is scheduled in the evening (approx 7:00 pm, includes coach transfer, guide, entrance to the park with boat and train ride in the park); comfortable shoes recommended.
KORČULA WINE TASTING EUR 15.-
Join our optional wine tasting in Korčula to try some of the famous Dalmatian and Croatian wines. Discover the story behind their perfect taste while enjoying a light snack.
KORČULA VILLAGE DINNER EXPERIENCE EUR 27.-
Try a typical Dalmatian dinner in small village near the town of Korčula and find out more about the history and traditional way of living.
DUBROVNIK CABLE CAR EUR 13.-
Enjoy the cable car in Dubrovnik to Srđ mountain and enjoy the scenic views of the old city.
SEA KAYAKING AROUND DUBROVNIK CITY WALLS EUR 30.-
Join the adventure in a one or two-seater kayak with all your belongings tucked safely inside a waterproof barrel. Departures from the entrance to the old town.
- 200 EUR per person upon reservation
- Rest of the payment one month prior to arrival
- The Captain reserves the right in changing the route in case of bad weather conditions
- Departures are guaranteed. Katarina line reserves the right in cancelling departures with less than 10 participants and changing ship name if need arises
- Guests are obliged to follow ship rules (found in written form on the ship) especially with regards to bringing drinks on board.
- In case of bad behavior Katarina Line/captain reserves the right in asking clients to disembark
- From the day of confirmation up till 30 days prior to arrival – advance payment (EUR 200 per person) - non-refundable
- 29-22 days – 25% of the remaining balance
- 21-15 days – 50% of the remaining balance
- 14-0 days – 100% fee
- Name change / date change fee – 20 eur per person (valid only if the change is done up till 30 days prior booked departure, otherwise regular cancellation clause will be applied)
Katarina line highly recommends clients to take insurance against cancellation of reserved services! Katarina line offers a complete travel insurance package (travel health insurance, personal accident insurance, private liability, luggage insurance & trip cancellation). Additional information about travel insurance package can be found at ToS
Due specific mooring conditions and requirements in some Croatian ports, Katarina Line ships are moored side by side, making it necessary for the clients to cross from one ship to another with gaps in between ships in order to get to the shore. In such cases clients need to take special care when crossing and do this at their own risk. Crew assistance will be given to those needing and requesting it.