Croatia land & KL7 cruise - Split - Dubrovnik
10 night/11 day program
Guaranteed departures from Split
WEDNESDAY ARRIVAL ZAGREB (D)
Arrival in Zagreb, the capital of Croatia - transfer to hotel. Day at leisure. Overnight.
THURSDAY ZAGREB WALKING TOUR (B)
Morning city tour of Zagreb. Walk through the historic Upper Town, where, among other sites, visit the St. Mark's Church, the Cathedral, the Government Palace and the Lotrščak tower. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight in Zagreb.
FRIDAY ZAGREB – PLITVICE LAKES – SPLIT (B)
Morning departure towards Croatia’s oldest and most beautiful Plitvice Lakes National Park, consisting of 16 lakes, connected with a series of waterfalls. An environment where Karl May movies were made. The guests will walk through the park, enjoy a boat ride on the emerald green Kozjak Lake and ride the street train back to the entrance. Walking shoes are essential for our 3 hour walk in this wonderful environment! Drive to Split for overnight.
SATURDAY SPLIT – MAKARSKA (B,L)
Morning guided tour of Split, a monumental city under UNESCO protection with abundance of Roman architecture – of special interest is the Diocletian palace. The tour will end in the harbour in front of the ship for cruise check in. Luggage transfer will be arranged from the hotel. Departure from Split harbour towards Makarska at 13:00h. Cruise along the Dalmatian coast whilst enjoying your lunch. Afternoon swim at one of the wonderful beaches. From there, those feeling adventurous can join our optional river rafting excursion or zipline on the Cetina river and meet up with the ship in Makarska in the evening. Overnight in the port of Makarska where strolling along the streets, you will come across numerous churches and other architectural and cultural sites.
SUNDAY MAKARSKA – BOL (BRAČ) - STARI GRAD
This morning we continue our cruise towards the next destination – the island of Brač, more precisely to the town of Bol, known for its famous Zlatni Rat beach (Golden horn), a natural phenomenon that dominates the other beaches of Bol with its specific form. After swimming break and lunch we continue our journey towards Stari Grad on the Hvar island, the sunniest Adriatic island. Free afternoon to explore this unique town. The famous Stari Grad Field is the oldest in Croatia and the best preserved example of ancient Greek system of agriculture. Together with the old town it is a part of world heritage protected by UNESCO.
MONDAY STARI GRAD – HVAR
Our next destination is the town of Hvar, a favorite destination for jet setters from all around the world. After lunch we stop for swimming, relaxing and refreshment in clear, crystal blue sea at nearby Pakleni islands. Arrival to Hvar in the afternoon hours followed by sightseeing of this extraordinary town. Hvar offers many cultural and historical sites (Renaissance cathedral, the oldest communal theater in Europe founded in 1612, Franciscan monastery, the Benedictine convent famous for their lace listed on the UNESCO World Heritage List, Spanjola fortress towering high above the town ...) and many restaurants and bars open late into the night.
TUESDAY HVAR – VIS
In the early morning hours we cruise towards the island of Vis, which was a strategic navy harbour due to its unique geographical position and as such closed to the public until recently. Because of its isolation, Vis has a special charm -‘the Mediterranean as it once was’ which makes it really interesting to see. Overnight is in the town of Vis, situated on the northern side of the island, developed near the remains of the ancient Issa, first urban centre in Croatia. If interested, visit the remains of the Roman thermal Place, City museum or simply take a walk enjoying the view of beautiful ''Villae Rusticae'' situated along the coast.
WEDNESDAY VIS – KORČULA
During breakfast we depart towards Korčula, the birthplace of famous explorer and adventurer Marco Polo. Surrounded by medieval walls, Korcula resembles a miniature Dubrovnik when approaching from the sea. It has more legends, tales and monuments than you will find anywhere else. Today, Korčula is the only place in the world where the Spanish medieval knight's game – Moreška is still performed. Upon arrival enjoy a walk through the streets of the old town built in the shape of a fish bone. Enjoy the numerous konobas /taverns, restaurants, cocktail bars or night-club located within and around the city walls. Overnight in port.
THURSDAY KORČULA – MLJET - ŠIPAN or SLANO
We continue cruising towards one of the greenest Adriatic islands – the island of Mljet, where on the western part, the National Park is situated. Free time to enjoy the beauties of the National Park (two salt lakes connected by a narrow channel to the sea, a boat ride to the St Mary isle in the Great Lake, where the old church and monastery are situated. Cycling around or swimming in the lakes is permitted. We continue our cruise towards Šipan, part of Elaphite islands near Dubrovnik, or towards Slano on the coastline, both are small fishermen's villages where we will overnight in the port.
FRIDAY ŠIPAN or SLANO – DUBROVNIK
Early in the morning we depart towards our final destination – a true pearl of the Adriatic. After lunch short stop at Sipan island to discover this “paradise on Earth”, as the famous writer George Bernard Shaw described. Sightseeing of Dubrovnik followed by an optional cable car ride up to Srđ mountain for spectacular views of the old town. We recommend a stroll along the city walls, 1940 meters in length with magnificent views of the old town of Dubrovnik and the surrounding islands. Overnight in the harbour Gruž.
After an early breakfast say goodbye to the crew and all your new friends!.
- 2 overnights Zagreb in 4* hotel (Hotel Dubrovnik, Hotel Palace or similar)
- 1 overnight Split in 4* hotel (Hotel President, Art, Radisson or similar)
- 1 half board and 2 bed and breakfast services in hotels
- Visitor’s taxes during land part
- 7 overnights cruise according to KL7 itinerary with half board service (breakfast & lunch) on board of our A+ category ships with Captain’s dinner included
- All transfers as per itinerary (from airport Zagreb and to airport Dubrovnik)
- Guided tours of Zagreb, Plitvice, Split, Dubrovnik, Korčula and Hvar
- Accommodation in air-conditioned TWIN or DOUBLE cabins on deck or under deck with daily cabin service
Obligatory supplement - VISITOR’S TAX & PORT FEES ARE NOT INCLUDED (to be paid on the spot) EUR 25.- per person per week
- Full Board supplement: EUR 115.- per person/week, min.10 pax required.
- Drink supplement: EUR 16.- per week – incl. choice of 1 drink - glass of wine, 1 beer or 1 soft drink with lunch
- Water supplement: EUR 20.- per person per week – includes 1,5 l of water per person per day- to be paid on the spot
- Wedding renewal package: EUR 100,- per couple – includes renewal ceremony performed by the captain, certificate, champagne, gift
- Extra towels: On A & A+ category ships the guests will be provided with two towels for personal use per week. Extra towels can be rented for EUR 3.- & beach towels EUR 5.- per week/towel. Katarina Line beach towel can be purchased on arrival for EUR 10.-
(if paid locally payment in KUNA currency, prices are informative and subject to change)
MONTENEGRO EUR 52.-
On Saturday after the cruise or Sunday after the cruise - visit Montenegro for a day, a small country but attractive county; with its magnificent mountains rising above
the Adriatic Sea, bursting with natural beauty and historic towns like Budva and Kotor – coach excursion/passport required).
CETINA RIVER RAFTING EUR 34.-
This is one of the most popular adventure activities in this area. The rapids of Cetina River are not difficult but fun and exciting with breathtaking scenery is breath
taking. The tour includes: bus transfer to and from the ship and guide instructor. Life vest and helmets are provided. Duration is approximately 5 hours together with bus
CETINA CANYON ZIP LINE EUR 60.-
Feel the adrenalin rush in the Cetina river canyon! 8 steel lines will make you scream while sliding 150m above the ground in the magnificent canyon.
MOSTAR EUR 52.-
Saturday after the cruise; experience Bosnia and Herzegovina's most beautiful city, view the iconic 'Stari Most'/Old Bridge, discover Ottoman and Turkish history – bus
excursion /passport required
KRKA WATERFALLS EUR 65.-
Friday prior to the cruise; Do not hesitate to swim at the wonderful Krka waterfalls and visit the historic town Šibenik. After a guided tour of the oldest Croatian town on
the Adriatic coast, excursion continues to Krka waterfalls to explore beautiful natural surroundings. Return to Split in late afternoon hours.
KORČULA WINE TASTING EUR 15.-
Join our optional wine tasting in Korčula to try some of the famous Dalmatian and Croatian wines. Discover the story behind their perfect taste while enjoying a light
KORČULA VILLAGE DINNER EXPERIENCE EUR 27.-
Try a typical Dalmatian dinner in small village near the town of Korčula and find out more about the history and traditional way of living.
DUBROVNIK CABLE CAR EUR 13.-
Enjoy the cable car in Dubrovnik to Srđ mountain and enjoy the scenic views of the old city.
SEA KAYAKING AROUND DUBROVNIK CITY WALLS EUR 30.-
Discover the wonders of Dubrovnik city walls, secret caves and beaches in double sit-on-top kayak. Departures from the entrance to the old town.
- 200 EUR per person upon reservation
- Rest payment one month prior to arrival
- The Captain reserves the right in changing the route in case of bad weather conditions
- Departures are guaranteed. Katarina line reserves the right in cancelling departures with less than 10 participants and changing ship name if need arises
- Guests are obliged to follow ship rules (found in written form on the ship) especially with regards to bringing drinks on board.
- In case of bad behavior Katarina Line/captain reserves the right in asking clients to disembark
- From the day of confirmation up till 30 days prior to arrival – advance payment (EUR 200 per person) - nonrefundable
- 29-22 days – 25% of the remaining balance
- 21-15 days – 50% of the remaining balance
- 14-0 days – 100% fee
- Name change / date change fee – 20 eur per person (valid only if the change is done up till 30 days prior booked departure, otherwise regular cancellation clause will be applied)
Katarina line highly recommends clients to take insurance against cancellation of reserved services! Katarina line offers a complete
travel insurance package (travel health insurance, personal accident insurance, private liability, luggage insurance & trip cancellation).
Additional information about travel insurance package can be found at Tos
Due specific mooring conditions and requirements in some Croatian ports, Katarina Line ships are moored side by side, making it
necessary for the clients to cross from one ship to another with gaps in between ships in order to get to the shore. In such cases clients
need to take special care when crossing and do this at their own risk. Crew assistance will be given to those needing and requesting it