Croatia land & KL7 cruise - Split - Dubrovnik
10 night/11 day program
WEDNESDAY ARRIVAL ZAGREB (D)
Arrive in Zagreb - transfer to hotel. Day at leisure. Overnight in Zagreb, the capital of Croatia.
THURSDAY ZAGREB WALKING TOUR (B)
Morning city tour of Zagreb. Walk through the historic Upper Town, where, among other sites, you will see St. Mark's Church, the Cathedral, the Government Palace and the Lotrscak tower. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight in Zagreb.
FRIDAY ZAGREB – PLITVICE LAKES – SPLIT (B)
Morning departure towards Croatia’s oldest and most beautiful Plitvice lakes National Park, consisting of 16 lakes, connected with a series of waterfalls. An environment where Karl May movies were made. The guests will walk through the park, enjoy a boat ride on the emerald green Kozjak Lake and ride the street train back to the entrance. Walking shoes are essential for our 3 hour walk in this wonderful environment! Drive to Split for overnight.
SATURDAY SPLIT – MAKARSKA (B,L)
Departure from Split harbor at 1 pm and cruise along Dalmatian coast towards Makarska Riviera. After lunch arrival at Omiš, a picturesque town surrounded by steep rocky mountain cliffs, where the river Cetina flows into the Adriatic sea. Try river rafting on the streams of the Cetina river and meet the ship again in Makarska. Climb up to the old fortress above the town or just take a walk through the old town of Omiš and discover the glorious long history through the many historical monuments. Overnight in Makarska, the famous tourist destination with many restaurants and bars and a beautiful promenade along the famous beach. Enjoy the magic of Makarska Riviera and be sure to take a walk along the city streets – with abundance of churches and other cultural sites.
SUNDAY MAKARSKA – BOL (BRAČ) (B,L)
This morning we continue our cruise towards the next destination – the island of Brac, more precisely to the town of Bol, a typical Dalmatian fishermen's village turned into tourist destination. Bol is known for its famous Zlatni Rat beach (Golden horn), a natural phenomenon that dominates the other beaches of Bol with its specific form. Walking along the promenade (approx 2 hours) you can reach the highest peak of all Adriatic islands – Vidova gora, under which the town lies. Overnight in Bol.
MONDAY BOL (BRAČ) – VIS (B,L)
In the early morning hours we cruise towards the island of Vis, which was a strategic navy harbour due to its unique geographical position and as such closed to the public until recently. Because of its isolation, Vis has a special charm -‘the Mediterranean as it once was’ which makes it really interesting to see. Overnight is in the town of Vis, situated on the northern side of the island, developed near the remains of the ancient Issa, first urban centre in Croatia. If interested, visit the remains of the Roman thermal Place, City museum or simply take a walk enjoying the view of beautiful ''Villae Rusticae'' situated along the coast.
TUESDAY VIS – HVAR (B,L)
Our next destination is the island of Hvar, the longest and sunniest Adriatic island, a favorite destination for jet setters from all around the world. After lunch we stop for swimming, relaxing and refreshment in clear, crystal blue sea at nearby Pakleni islands. Arrival to Hvar in the afternoon hours followed by sightseeing of this extraordinary town. Hvar offers many cultural and historical sites (Renaissance cathedral, the oldest communal theater in Europe founded in 1612, Franciscan monastery, the Benedictine convent famous for their lace listed on the UNESCO World Heritage List, Španjola fortress towering high above the town ...) and many restaurants and bars open late into the night.
WEDNESDAY HVAR – KORČULA (B,L)
Before breakfast we depart towards Korcula, the birthplace of famous explorer and adventurer Marco Polo. Surrounded by medieval walls, Korčula resembles a miniature Dubrovnik when approaching from the sea. It has more legends, tales and monuments than you will find anywhere else. Today, Korčula is the only place in the world where the Spanish medieval knight's game – Moreška is still performed. Sightseeing of Korčula and optional wine and appetizers tasting at a local winery before dinning in one of the numerous seafront restaurants or konobas on your own.
Overnight in port.
THURSDAY KORČULA – MLJET (B,L,D)
We continue cruising towards one of the greenest Adriatic islands – the island of Mljet, where on the western part, the National Park is situated. Afternoon hours are set to enjoy the beauties of National Park (two salt lakes connected by a narrow channel to the sea, a boat ride to the St Mary isle in the Great Lake, where the old church and monastery are situated. Cycling around or swimming in the lakes is permitted and the stillness and harmony of nature will deeply impress you. Overnight in port Pomena.
FRIDAY MLJET/ŠIPAN – DUBROVNIK (B,L)
Early in the morning we depart towards our final destination – a true pearl of Adriatic. After lunch short stop at Šipan island to discover this “paradise on Earth”, as the famous writer George Bernard Shaw described. Sightseeing of Dubrovnik followed by an optional cable car ride up to Srđ mountain for spectacular views of the old town. We recommend a stroll along the city walls, 1940 meters in length with magnificent views of the old town of Dubrovnik and the surrounding islands. Overnight in the harbor Gruž.
SATURDAY DUBROVNIK (B)
After breakfast transfer to the airport.
Dates & Prices
- 2 overnights Zagreb in 4* hotel (Hotel Dubrovnik, Hotel Palace or similar)
- 1 overnight Split in 4* hotel (Hotel President, Art, Radisson or similar)
- 1 half board and 2 bed and breakfast services in hotels
- Visitor’s taxes during land part
- 7 overnights cruise according to KL7 itinerary with half board service (breakfast & lunch) on board of our A+ category ships (M/S Pacific, M/S Meridijan or similar) with Captain’s dinner included
- All transfers as per itinerary (from airport Zagreb and to airport Dubrovnik)
- Guided tours of Zagreb, Plitvice, Split, Dubrovnik, Korčula and Hvar
- Accommodation in air-conditioned TWIN or DOUBLE cabins on or under deck with daily cabin service
VISITOR’S TAX & PORT FEES for the cruise ARE NOT INCLUDED (to be paid on the spot at the ship) – EUR 20. - per person per week
- Full board supplement EUR 115.- per person/week (gross), min.10 pax required.
- Drink supplement: EUR 16.- per week (netto) – incl. choice of 1 drink-glass of wine, 1 beer or 1 soft drink with lunch
- WATER SUPPLEMENT : EUR 20.- per person per week – includes 1,5 l of water per person per day- to be paid on the spot
- English breakfast supplement: EUR 40.- per week (netto) - incl. 2 eggs, bacon, tomato and mushrooms, or fruit & yoghurt, or similar (regular continental breakfast included in price of the cruise includes: coffee, tea, milk, glass of juice, cereal, bread, a variety of spreads- butter, honey, jam, soft cheese; daily additions such as ham and cheese or boiled eggs, frankfurters, salami etc.)
- Wedding renewal package: EUR 100.- (netto) per couple – includes wedding vows renewal ceremony performed by the captain, certificate, bottle of champagne, small gift
- 2 towels per week for personal use will be provided and changed midweek, anyone requiring more towels -additional towels can be rented at the ship for EUR 3.- & beach towels EUR 5.- per week
- Gratuities to crew and local guides
Cetina river rafting EUR 30.-
This is one of the most popular adventure activities in this area. The rapids of Cetina River are not difficult but still fun and exciting with breathtaking scenery is breath taking. The tour includes: bus transfer to and from the ship and guide instructor. Life vest and helmets are provided. Duration is approximately 5 hours together with bus transfer.
Dubrovnik cable car EUR 12.-
Enjoy the cable car in Dubrovnik to Srđ mountain and get scenic views of the old city.
Korčula wine tasting EUR 10.-
Croatian wine & appetizer tasting
200 EUR per person upon reservation
Rest of the payment one month prior to arrival
- The Captain reserves the right in changing the route in case of bad weather conditions
- Departures are guaranteed. Katarina line reserves the right in cancelling departures with less than 10 participants and changing ship name if need arises
- Guests are obliged to follow ship rules (found in written form on the ship) especially with regards to bringing drinks on board.
- In case of bad behavior Katarina Line/captain reserves the right in asking clients to disembark
- From the day of confirmation up till 30 days prior to arrival – advance payment (EUR 200 per person) - non-refundable
- 29-22 days – 25% of the remaining balance
- 21-15 days – 50% of the remaining balance
- 14-0 days – 100% fee
- Name change / date change fee – 20 eur per person (valid only if the change is done up till 30 days prior booked departure, otherwise regular cancellation clause will be applied)