KL1 - Island Hopping - Kvarner Bay
CABIN TYPE DESCRIPTIONS:
A + CATEGORY: fully air-conditioned, spacious en-suite cabins (with double or twin beds) on newly built ships (price includes captain’s dinner and sightseeing of Zadar).
A CATEGORY: cabins with private shower/toilet (3rd bed possible on request), mostly bunk beds
B CATEGORY: cabins with washbasin, common showers/toilettes, bunk beds
Cruising with vintage sailing ships along the magnificent Kvarner coastline & islands on the route
Kvarner Bay of Islands
Spend seven unforgettable days cruising on the northern Adriatic Sea from one island to another. Relax and let the captain and his crew (especially the cook) take good care of you. During the day you can swim and sunbathe or explore the underworld of the Adriatic Sea by snorkeling. The evenings are free for fine dining in local restaurants or sightseeing of historical monuments…
Saturday OPATIJA - ISLAND OF KRK
Departure at 13:00h. Lunch on board followed by a swim stop in the crystal clear sea on route to Krk island - the largest of the Croatian islands. Krk has immense variety in its villages large and small, gentle green promenades bare rocky wilderness, tiny islands and hundreds of hidden bays and beaches. Evening at leisure to enjoy numerous cafes and restaurants alongside the waterfront. Overnight in town of Krk.
KL1: OPATIJA – KRK – RAB – ZADAR – MOLAT or OLIB – (Ilovik) LOŠINJ – CRES – OPATIJA
Sunday ISLAND OF KRK - ISLAND OF RAB
Breakfast is served on the ship after which we sail to the Island of Rab, which is known as the “island of love”. The small town of Rab, where you will spend the night in the harbour, is encircled in medieval walls, Romanesque church towers, churches and palaces, stone streets and ancient facades. Enjoy the “gallery” on the streets and squares where many painters and artists exhibit their works.
Monday ISLAND OF RAB - ZADAR
After breakfast we cruise from Rab along the island of Pag with a swim stop on tiny island MAUN, and continue to towards Zadar in the afternoon where we spend the night in the port. Possibility to join our guided tour of the city in English.
For centuries the metropolis of Dalmatia, and today the centre of the region, Zadar has been a city of rich monumental heritage of world importance visible at every step even today: the Roman forum dated to the 1st century AD, the church of St. Donatus dated to the 9th century AD – the most famous Medieval basilica and the symbol of the city, the mighty city walls with representative Port and Land gates from the 16th century AD, and numerous palaces, villas and other monumental heritage. The town is full of great restaurants packed in the center and already mentioned historical monuments that can be found in and around the city – of special interest is the famous Zadar Sea Organ, one of a kind in the world and “The Greeting to the Sun” light installation. Overnight in Zadar.
Tuesday ZADAR - ISLAND MOLAT or OLIB
Early departure for Island Molat or island Olib (depending on available space in the small harbours of these two islands). The Molat island is situated in the northern part of Zadar's archipelago. The peace, silence and necessary minimum of infrastructures (4 restaurants, 3 shops) guarantees an holiday far away from usual tourism. Olib is a place where you can rest your body and soul. There are no cars or trucks, just a tractor or two, which are necessary for the habitants of Olib. The island has numerous beautiful beaches. When you come ashore you cannot but notice a beautiful sandy beach near the port. The village is small but wide. The island was inhabited already in the antiquity. The parish church is from 1632, and about twenty Glagolitic codices from the 16th - 19th century are kept in the parsonage. Captain's dinner party on board and overnight.
Wednesday ISLAND OF MOLAT or OLIB - ILOVIK - ISLAND OF LOŠINJ
After breakfast and morning swim, we sail to the peaceful island of flowers called Ilovik where we have a stop for swimming. Departure for the island of Mali Lošinj (lunch on route), which is one of the most popular islands on the northern Adriatic due to the abundance of pine trees and clear waters. Mali Lošinj is among those places with the sunniest days per year in Europe. Take a walk along the harbor and dare to take a night swim on the sandy Cikat beach or visit nearby, picturesque, town of Veli Lošinj (only 5 km away). Overnight in Mali Losinj.
Thursday ISLAND OF LOŠINJ - ISLAND OF CRES
After a morning swim we leave for the island of Cres. This long and narrow island is covered with oak, beach and pine forests as well as vineyards and olive tree plantations. Cres and Mali Losinj used to be one island but a channel dug by the Romans separates them. We spend the night in the harbor of the typical medieval city of Cres.
Friday ISLAND OF CRES - OPATIJA
After breakfast we leave to Opatija. On route you will have the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful view of famous Opatija Riviera. Afternoon arrival to Opatija for a stroll along the famous Franz Joseph promenade – Lungo Mare to the numerous cafes and restaurants
in Opatija or nearby fishermen’s village VOLOSKO – well known for excellent seafood restaurants. Possibility to join our English guided tour of Opatija immediately upon arrival to the port. For your last night on the ship we recommend you have a farewell party on the ship while exchanging addresses with other passengers who have by now become your new friends.
After breakfast you will say goodbye to the crew and we hope to see you again aboard Katarina Line cruises.
- Full Board supplement: EUR 115.- per person/week (gross), min.10 pax required.
- Drink supplement: EUR 16.- per week (netto) – incl. choice of 1 drink - glass of wine, 1 beer or 1 soft drink with lunch
- Water supplement: EUR 20.- per person per week (netto) – includes 1,5 l of water per person per day- to be paid on the spot
- English Breakfast supplement: EUR 40.- per week (netto) - incl. 2 eggs, bacon, tomato and mushrooms, or fruit & yoghurt, or similar (regular Continental breakfast included in price of the cruise includes: coffee, tea, milk, glass of juice, cereal, bread, a variety of spreads - butter, honey, jam, soft cheese; daily additions such as ham and cheese or boiled eggs, frankfurters, salami etc.)
- Captain’s dinner: EUR 25.- (netto) - choice of fish or meat menu - ship's speciality served (included in price on A+ vessels)
- Wedding renewal package: EUR 100,- (netto) per couple – includes renewal ceremony performed by the captain, certificate, champagne, gift
- Extra towels: On A & A+ category ships the guests will be provided with two towels for personal use per week. Extra towels can be rented for EUR 3.- & beach towels EUR 5.- per week/towel. Katarina Line beach towel can be purchased on arrival for EUR 10.-
- Daily cabin cleaning: EUR 15,- per person per week (netto) - included in the price for A+ vessels - daily cabin servicing, fresh bed linen and towels midweek; not provided on A category ships but can be ordered in advance;
- Parking: Possible from EUR 10.- daily
- Airport transfers: various airport possibilities (Zagreb, Trieste, Ljubljana, Venice) – price on request; FREE OF CHARGE local transfers for KL1 route (from Opatija hotels to Opatija port)
- Pre/post cruise accommodation: Ask us for a quote and our suggestion - prices from EUR 20.- per person/night depending on season and accommodation type (private accommodation, villas, hotels...)
- Ferry Tickets: Cabins, seats or deck, available for coastal & international ferry connections
LAND & CRUISE PACKAGE supplement
Add 3 nights land program to your A+ cruise for a 10 night program; possible for all A+ departures
Price: EUR 525,- per person; EUR 135,- single supplement; reduction on 3rd bed 10%
Includes: Combined with KL1 includes 3 nights prior to cruise (2 overnights in Zagreb, 1 overnight in Opatija); 1 half board and 2 bed and breakfast services; accommodation in 4* Hotel in Zagreb & Opatija, Visitor’s taxes during land part, Airport transfers (from and to airport Zagreb), all transfers as per itinerary, guided sightseeing of Zagreb, Plitvice, Opatija, and on the cruise of Rab and Zadar)
PLITVICE LAKES (EUR 50.- per person)
Saturday after the cruise visit the famous Plitvice Lakes, sixteen turquoise coloured lakes with crystal clear water connected by magnificent waterfalls. Pure nature, mountain forests and fresh air. The most beautiful national park in Croatia on the UNESCO World Heritage List. A full day tour, starting early in the morning and returning just for your dinner. One-day tour begins in the early morning hours (7:30 a.m.) while the return is scheduled in the evening (approx 7:00 p.m., includes coach transfer, guide, entrance to the park with boat and train ride in the park); comfortable shoes recommended
VENICE (EUR 70.- per person)
Saturday after the cruise visit Venice, one of the most unique cities in the world. Take a walk along picturesque bridges and a gondola ride or just sip a Bellini cocktail at St. Marks square. Depart from Opatija in the early morning (06:00 a.m. and transfer to Rovinj or Poreč for a 3 hour ship transfer to Venice. Guided sightseeing tour of Venice. Afternoon return by ship to Rovinj or Porec followed by coach transfer to Opatija; includes bus and boat ride, guided sightseeing; passport required.
KRK island (EUR 25.- per person)
Visit the unique “Nada” winery in the town of Vrbnik which lies on a cliff above the sea in the famous wine region known for its wine Žlahtina grown only on this island. Transfer to the winery for a presentation and tasting the local wine along with ham, cheese, olives & bread). Min 2 pax required.
4-WHEEL DRIVE ADVENTURE ON ISLAND CRES AND TO UČKA (Price on request)
To enjoy magnificent views of islands Krk and Cres - additional information on request
Optional SIGHTSEEING in following towns (min 5 pax required):
Opatija, Krk, Rab, Zadar - EUR 10.- per person per tour;
10% discount available for 3 or more tours booked in advance;
A+ ships have Zadar tour included in the price.
200 EUR per person upon reservation
Rest of the payment one month prior to arrival
- The Captain reserves the right in changing the route in case of bad weather conditions
- Departures are guaranteed. Katarina line reserves the right in cancelling departures with less than 10 participants and changing ship name if need arises
- Guests are obliged to follow ship rules (found in written form on the ship) especially with regards to bringing drinks on board.
- In case of bad behavior Katarina Line/captain reserves the right in asking clients to disembark
- From the day of confirmation up till 30 days prior to arrival – advance payment (EUR 200 per person) - non-refundable
- 29-22 days – 25% of the remaining balance
- 21-15 days – 50% of the remaining balance
- 14-0 days – 100% fee
- Name change / date change fee – 20 eur per person (valid only if the change is done up till 30 days prior booked departure, otherwise regular cancellation clause will be applied)