KL2 - Island Hopping - Dalmatia
Cruising with vintage motor-sailing ships along the magnificent Dalmatian coastline & islands
For this trip all you will need is a few T-shirts and a swimming costume to spend seven unforgettable days sailing on the southern Adriatic Sea from one island to another. Relax and let the captain and his crew (especially the cook) take care of you. During the day you can swim, snorkel, sunbathe, and explore the underworld of the Adriatic Sea. The evenings you have free to find a good restaurant or discover old churches or other historical monuments…
SATURDAY SPLIT – MAKARSKA
Departure from Split harbour, Saturday at 13:00 h. After lunch sail along the Dalmatian coast down to Makarska Riviera. We spend the afternoon swimming at one of the beautiful beaches on the Riviera. From this beach those feeling adventurous can join our WHITE WATER river rafting excursion or zipline on the Cetina river and meet up with the ship in Makarska in the evening. Overnight in the port of Makarska, one of the most attractive resorts on the Croatian coast. Strolling along the streets of Makarska, you will come across numerous churches and other architectural and cultural sights.
SUNDAY MAKARSKA – MLJET
Early morning departure towards Mljet with the first stop on the Pelješac peninsula for a refreshing swim. The whole afternoon is free to look at the salt lakes in Mljet National Park and enjoy the sun and sea on this peaceful island. In the middle of the large lake, inside the National park, we can visit an old abbey and church, or just use a small boat to roam around the National park. Overnight in port Polaca/Pomena
MONDAY MLJET – DUBROVNIK
After breakfast we depart for Dubrovnik, which is the highlight of this cruise. On route will be time just for a short swim. Enjoy the beautiful sights of nature along the way towards “the heaven on earth” –according to the famous writer George Bernard Shaw. Arrive to Dubrovnik in the afternoon when you can explore on your own or first join our guided tour of Dubrovnik with an English speaking guide. Take a walk through STRADUN – both a street and a square, a promenade inside the city walls. For those of you with more enthusiasm we recommend a walk on top of the 1,940 m long city walls and a cable car ride to the mountain Srđ for a fabulous view of the town and surrounding islands. Overnight in the port of this magical town.
TUESDAY DUBROVNIK – ŠIPAN/TRSTENIK
Morning is free to explore Dubrovnik. Discover the beauty of history through numerous monuments, little streets, churches… Around noontime we leave this magnificent town and continue our cruise towards the island Šipan or a little town of Trstenik on the Pelješac penninsula, where we will swim in the afternoon and spend the night. Possibility of visiting a local winery.
WEDNESDAY ŠIPAN/TRSTENIK – KORČULA
After breakfast depart for Korčula, the birthplace of MARCO POLO. Lunch on the board in front of Lumbarda (part of Korčula). Arrive to Korčula late afternoon where we overnight in port. On this island you can find more legends, tales and monuments than anywhere else. Listen to the story of the stone walls, which were being built over two centuries ago.
THURSDAY KORČULA – HVAR
Early in the morning departure for the Pakleni Islands for lunch and swimming. Departure for Hvar after lunch. Hvar is the longest island in the Adriatic. Here we can find the Renaissance cathedral with its original tower; also the oldest community theatre in Europe was founded here in 1612. City of Hvar offers abundant entertainment full of restaurants, bars and cafes that are open long into the night.
FRIDAY HVAR (Bol) - SPLIT
Our next stop will be the island of Brčc. Swimming is planned at one of the most famous beaches in Dalmatia – Zlatni Rat near Bol (the Golden Horn - its gravel promontory shifts from side to side as the wind and waves constantly change in shape). Bol is a typical fisherman’s town turned into a popular tourist destination. After lunch we will start our journey back to Split where the last overnight is planned. On our way to Split there will be another swim-break in one of the many bays on island of Brač. Arrival to Split in the late afternoon. Enjoy the view of Split Riviera arriving in Split. Possibility to join our guided tour of Split with an English speaking guide. Split is a monumental city under UNESCO protection that belongs not only to Croatians, but also to you, as it is a part of the world heritage. Here we find an abundance of Roman architecture – of special interest is the Diocletian palace.
Early breakfast after which it is time to say goodbye to the crew and all your new friends!
"...Everything was exactly as we had requested & my wife & I agree that it is one of the best holidays we have ever had. The boat & crew were excellent & we were fortunate to have good weather apart from a huge thunderstorm in Zagreb..." - Vincent F.
- Entrance to National Parks: prices vary from EUR 10. - 15.- per person depending on season and park
- Full Board supplement: EUR 115.- per person/week (gross), min.10 pax required.
- Drink supplement: EUR 16.- per week (netto) – incl. choice of 1 drink - glass of wine, 1 beer or 1 soft drink with lunch
- Water supplement: EUR 20.- per person per week (netto) – includes 1,5 l of water per person per day- to be paid on the spot
- English Breakfast supplement: EUR 40.- per week (netto) - incl. 2 eggs, bacon, tomato and mushrooms, or fruit & yoghurt, or similar (regular Continental breakfast included in price of the cruise includes: coffee, tea, milk, glass of juice, cereal, bread, a variety of spreads - butter, honey, jam, soft cheese; daily additions such as ham and cheese or boiled eggs, frankfurters, salami etc.)
- Captain’s dinner: EUR 25.- (netto) - choice of fish or meat menu - ship's speciality served (included in price on A+ vessels)
- Wedding renewal package: EUR 100,- (netto) per couple – includes renewal ceremony performed by the captain, certificate, champagne, gift
- Extra towels: On A & A+ category ships the guests will be provided with two towels for personal use per week. No towels provided on B category ships. Extra towels can be rented for EUR 3.- & beach towels EUR 5.- per week/towel. Katarina Line beach towel can be purchased on arrival for EUR 10.-
- Daily cabin cleaning: EUR 15,- per person per week (netto) - included in the price for A+ vessels - not provided on A and B category ships but can be ordered in advance;
- Parking: Possible from EUR 10.- daily
- Airport transfers: EUR 50.- from Split airport to Split port. Other transfers available on request.
- Pre/post cruise accommodation: Ask us for a quote and our suggestion - prices from EUR 20.- per person/night depending on season and accommodation type (private accommodation, villas, hotels...)
- Ferry Tickets: Cabins, seats or deck, available for coastal & international ferry connections
CETINA RIVER RAFTING EUR 34.-
This is one of the most popular adventure activities in this area. The rapids of Cetina River are not difficult but still fun and exciting with breathtaking scenery is breath taking. The tour includes: bus transfer to and from the ship and guide instructor. Life vest and helmets are provided. Duration is approximately 5 hours together with bus transfer.
CETINA CANYON ZIPLINE EUR 60.-
Feel the adrenalin in the Cetina river canyon! 8 steel lines to make you scream while sliding 150m above the ground.
MOSTAR EUR 68.-
Saturday after the cruise; experience Bosnia and Herzegovina's most beautiful city, view the iconic 'Stari Most'/Old Bridge, discover Ottoman and Turkish history – bus excursion /passport required
KRKA WATERFALLS EUR 65.-
Saturday after the cruise; Do not hesitate to swim at the wonderful Krka waterfalls and visit the historic town Šibenik. After a guided tour of the oldest Croatian town on the Adriatic coast, excursion continues to Krka waterfalls to explore beautiful natural surroundings. Return to Split in late afternoon hours.
KORČULA WINE TASTING EUR 15.-
Join our optional wine tasting in Korčula to try some of the famous Dalmatian and Croatian wines. Discover the story behind their perfect taste while enjoying a light snack.
DUBROVNIK CABLE CAR EUR 13.-
Enjoy the cable car in Dubrovnik to Srđ mountain and get scenic views of the old city.
SIGHTSEEING EUR 10.- per person per tour
Optional SIGHTSEEING in following towns (min 10 pax required):
Split, Hvar, Korčula, Dubrovnik; 10% discount available for 3 or more tours booked in advance; A+ ships have Dubrovnik tour included in the price.
150 EUR per person upon reservation
Rest payment one month prior to arrival
- The Captain reserves the right in changing the route in case of bad weather conditions
- Departures are guaranteed. Katarina line reserves the right in cancelling departures with less than 10 participants and changing ship name if need arises
- Guests are obliged to follow ship rules (found in written form on the ship) especially with regards to bringing drinks on board.
- In case of bad behavior Katarina Line/captain reserves the right in asking clients to disembark
- From the day of confirmation up till 30 days prior to arrival – advance payment (EUR 200 per person) - non-refundable
- 29-22 days – 25% of the remaining balance
- 21-15 days – 50% of the remaining balance
- 14-0 days – 100% fee
- Name change / date change fee – 20 eur per person (valid only if the change is done up till 30 days prior booked departure, otherwise regular cancellation clause will be applied)