KL3 - Croatian Wilderness
Cruising with vintage sailing ships along the magnificent Dalmatian coastline & islands on the route:
If you are a true traveler, this is the perfect route for you, since it could be easily called “off the beaten track”. Relax and let the crew take care of you. During the day you can swim, snorkel, sunbathe, and explore the underworld of the Adriatic Sea. In the evenings you are free to find a good restaurant, historical sights and monuments on land…
SATURDAY SPLIT - OMIŠ/PUČIŠĆA
Departure from Split at 13:00h followed by a lunch on board whilst cruising along Dalmatian coastline and after a swim break we continue our cruise to Omiš or Pučišća on the Brač island. Omiš is a picturesque town surrounded with steep rocky mountain cliffs, where the river Cetina flows into the Adriatic sea. Here you can experience river rafting on the Cetina river, climb to the old fortress above the town, play volleyball on the beach or simply take a walk through the old town of Omiš and discover the glorious long history through the many historical monuments. Pučišća is typical Mediterranean place, situated on the northern side of the Brač island at the bottom of the deep bay. It is the cradle of world’s famous stone of Brač. There is a possibility of visiting a stone-masonry workshop, one of the few stone-masonry workshops left in Europe. Enjoy the domestic food, wine and famous olive oil of this coastal village. Overnight in the port of Pučišća.
SUNDAY OMIŠ/PUČIŠĆA – KORČULA
By the time you reach the deck in the morning, Omiš/Pučišća will already be behind us. After a morning swim in the crystal blue sea, we cruise toward Korčula; the birthplace of Marco Polo. Lunch will be served either on the tip of the Pelješac peninsula (near Lovište) or in the quiet bay of Kneža on Korčula. Afternoon arrival in Korčula for sightseeing of this exceptional town. According to legend Korčula was found by Trojan hero Anthenor in the 12th century B.C. On this island you can find more legends, tales and monuments than anywhere else. In the evening we recommend you visit one of numerous konobas or enjoy the stunning views of the mainand from the numerous cafes and bars. Overnight in Korčula.
MONDAY KORČULA – LASTOVO
As a prelude to more cruising we suggest a short walk through the open market in Korčula where you can buy fresh fruit to enjoy during the day. We continue our cruise towards Lastovo, the furthest, inhabited island in Dalmatia, which Romans called the Imperial island. Docked in port of Ubli, one has the opportunity to visit protected Park of nature and enjoy in the virgin nature or visit the biggest town on the island – Lastovo. The Island is surrounded by many smaller islands, with plenty of secluded bays suitable for snorkeling, but also known for many little churches and unusually shaped chimneys. Overnight in Lastovo
TUESDAY LASTOVO – RAVNIK (GREEN CAVE) – KOMIŽA/VIS
Early morning departure towards Vis island, which was closed to tourists for many years. Vis was, because of its unique geographical position, a strategic harbour for the navy. Because of this isolation, Vis has a special charm of the ‘Mediterranean as it once was’ which makes it really interesting to see. Near Vis, there is little Ravnik island, where the Green cave is situated. It was named after the unusual light that reflects in the sea from the hole on the top of the cave. After a short swim, depending on the weather conditions, we sail further to the town of Komiža or Vis for overnight. Komiža is a typical mediterranean place on the western part of the island, where the fishery on the eastern part of the Adriatic coast began. Enjoy the walk through the narrow alleys and rich heritage, or maybe on one of the pebble beaches with fresh water springs, that stretch along the whole eastern side of the Komiža bay. The town of Vis is situated on the northern side of the island and it was developed near the remains of the ancient Issa, first urban centre in Croatia, formed by the Greeks in 4th century B.C. Visit the remains of the Roman Baths, City museum or take a walk enjoying the view on the beautiful Villae Rusticae situated along the coast.
WEDNESDAY KOMIŽA/VIS – BIŠEVO (BLUE CAVE) – STARIGRAD
Early in the morning we cruise towards the little Biševo island to visit the Blue cave, beautiful natural phenomenon. As sometimes weather conditions can be very unpredictable, the possibility of our visit will depend on those conditions, however you will be notified of this by the crew. After short visit of town Komiža/Vis, we continue towards Starigrad on the Hvar island, the sunniest Adriatic island. Free afternoon to explore this unique town. The famous Stari Grad Field is the oldest in Croatia and the best preserved example of ancient Greek system of agriculture. Together with the old town it is a part of world heritage protected by UNESCO.
THURSDAY STARIGRAD - BOL
After breakfast we cruise towards the beautiful Brač island and the famous town of Bol. Swimming is planned at one of the most famous beaches in Dalmatia – Zlatni Rat near Bol (the Golden Horn - its gravel promontory shifts from side to side as the wind and waves constantly change in shape). Bol is a typical fishermen town turned into a popular tourist destination. Here we spend the night and have the opportunity to enjoy excellent fresh fish, local wines and other delicacies of this unique island, enjoy a lovely walk or cycle along the promenade.
FRIDAY BOL – SPLIT
The last day is spend mostly relaxing and swimming in different quiet bays of the Brač island. Late afternoon return to Split, the second largest Croatian town and the capital of the region of Dalmatia. Split is a city under UNESCO protection, and its historical and cultural monuments belong not only to its inhabitants, but also to anyone who wants to capture a piece of the thousand year old beauty. Possibility of joining our sightseeing tour of the old town (Diocletian's palace). Overnight in Split port.
Early breakfast and time to say goodbye to the crew and all your new friends.
- Full Board supplement: EUR 115.- per person/week (gross), min.10 pax required.
- Drink supplement: EUR 16.- per week (netto) – incl. choice of 1 drink - glass of wine, 1 beer or 1 soft drink with lunch
- Water supplement: EUR 20.- per person per week (netto) – includes 1,5 l of water per person per day- to be paid on the spot
- English Breakfast supplement: EUR 40.- per week (netto) - incl. 2 eggs, bacon, tomato and mushrooms, or fruit & yoghurt, or similar (regular Continental breakfast included in price of the cruise includes: coffee, tea, milk, glass of juice, cereal, bread, a variety of spreads - butter, honey, jam, soft cheese; daily additions such as ham and cheese or boiled eggs, frankfurters, salami etc.)
- Captain’s dinner: EUR 25.- (netto) - choice of fish or meat menu - ship's speciality served (included in price on A+ vessels)
- Wedding renewal package: EUR 100,- (netto) per couple – includes renewal ceremony performed by the captain, certificate, champagne, gift
- Extra towels: On A & A+ category ships the guests will be provided with two towels for personal use per week. Extra towels can be rented for EUR 3.- & beach towels EUR 5.- per week/towel. Katarina Line beach towel can be purchased on arrival for EUR 10.-
- Daily cabin cleaning: EUR 15,- per person per week (netto) - included in the price for A+ vessels - daily cabin servicing, fresh bed linen and towels midweek; not provided on A category ships but can be ordered in advance;
- Parking: Possible from EUR 10.- daily
- Airport transfers: various airport possibilities (Zagreb, Trieste, Ljubljana, Venice) – price on request; FREE OF CHARGE local transfers for KL1 route (from Opatija hotels to Opatija port)
- Pre/post cruise accommodation: Ask us for a quote and our suggestion - prices from EUR 20.- per person/night depending on season and accommodation type (private accommodation, villas, hotels...)
- Ferry Tickets: Cabins, seats or deck, available for coastal & international ferry connections
CETINA RIVER RAFTING EUR 34.-
This is one of the most popular adventure activities in this area. The rapids of Cetina River are not difficult but still fun and exciting with breathtaking scenery is breath taking. The tour includes: bus transfer to and from the ship and guide instructor. Life vest and helmets are provided. Duration is approximately 5 hours together with bus transfer.
CETINA CANYON ZIPLINE EUR 60.-
Feel the adrenalin in the Cetina river canyon! 8 steel lines to make you scream while sliding 150m above the ground.
KRKA WATERFALLS EUR 65.-
Saturday after the cruise; Do not hesitate to swim at the wonderful Krka waterfalls and visit the historic town Šibenik. After a guided tour of the oldest Croatian town on the Adriatic coast, excursion continues to Krka waterfalls to explore beautiful natural surroundings. Return to Split in late afternoon hours.
KORČULA WINE TASTING EUR 15.-
Join our optional wine tasting in Korčula to try some of the famous Dalmatian and Croatian wines. Discover the story behind their perfect taste while enjoying a light snack.
BOL WINE TASTING EUR 5.-
Do not hesitate to discover perfect taste of Dalmatian wine sorts growing on Brač island.
MOSTAR EUR 68.-
Saturday after the cruise; experience Bosnia and Herzegovina's most beautiful city, view the iconic 'Stari Most'/Old Bridge, discover Ottoman and Turkish history – bus excursion /passport required
SIGHTSEEING EUR 10.- per person per tour
Optional SIGHTSEEING in following towns (min 10 pax required):
200 EUR per person upon reservation
Rest of the payment one month prior to arrival
- The Captain reserves the right in changing the route in case of bad weather conditions
- Departures are guaranteed. Katarina line reserves the right in cancelling departures with less than 10 participants and changing ship name if need arises
- Guests are obliged to follow ship rules (found in written form on the ship) especially with regards to bringing drinks on board.
- In case of bad behavior Katarina Line/captain reserves the right in asking clients to disembark
- From the day of confirmation up till 30 days prior to arrival – advance payment (EUR 200 per person) - non-refundable
- 29-22 days – 25% of the remaining balance
- 21-15 days – 50% of the remaining balance
- 14-0 days – 100% fee
- Name change / date change fee – 20 eur per person (valid only if the change is done up till 30 days prior booked departure, otherwise regular cancellation clause will be applied)