KL4 - Nature and Culture
Cruising with motor ships along the magnificent Dalmatian coastline & islands on the route KL4
Nature & Culture
Cruising with motor ships along the magnificent Dalmatian coastline & islands on the route KL4: SPLIT – ROGOZNICA/PRIMOŠTEN – KRKA WATERFALLS (Skradin or Zlarin) – KORNATI/SALI – ZADAR – VODICE – TROGIR – SPLIT
For this trip all you will need is a few T-shirts and a swimming costume to spend seven unforgettable days sailing on the southern Adriatic Sea from one island to another. Relax and let the captain and his crew (especially the cook) take care of you. During the day you can swim, snorkel, sunbathe, and explore the underworld of the Adriatic Sea. The evenings you have free to find a good restaurant or discover old churches or other historical monuments…
Saturday SPLIT – ROGOZNICA or PRIMOŠTEN
Departure from Split harbour at 13:00. Lunch on route after which we stop for an afternoon swim in a quiet bay. Overnight in Rogoznica or Primošten (depending on situation in the port) - both small villages that offer many restaurants and small cafes with remarkable wine - the famous wine BABIC.
Sunday ROGOZNICA or PRIMOŠTEN – ŠIBENIK - KRKA WATERFALLS/SKRADIN or ZLARIN
After breakfast we continue on to ŠIBENIK for morning sightseeing of this historical town. Visit a castle above the town center and many historical buildings, like the Foscolo palace (gothic style) or St. Laurent church in baroque style. Departure towards Krka Waterfalls with lunch on board while enjoying the views of the Krka Canyon. Afternoon free to enjoy the National park and the waterfalls. Discover the beauty of Krka, and its exceptional flora and fauna. Overnight in port of Skradin – or on island and village ZLARIN (depending on the situation in the small port of Skradin).
Monday KRKA WATERFALLS – KORNATI - SALI
Today we leave the region of the famous National Park Kornati – rich in fish, and cultural and historic remains. Historic remains of old Ilyrian fortress, Roman villas, old Christian church of St. Mary and medieval fortresses and settlements add to the value of these islands. Kornati consists of 140 islands and reefs. Inlets of some islands descend steeply into the sea, a hundred meters deep in places, and dramatically razor sharp. It is truly something remarkable to see. Overnight in Sali on Long Island (Dugi Otok).
Tuesday SALI - ZADAR
Morning reserved for swimming. Departure for Zadar in the afternoon where we spend the night in the port. Here you have a possibility to join guided tour of the city with English speaking guide. For centuries the metropolis of Dalmatia, and today the centre of the region, Zadar has been a city rich in monumental heritage of world importance visible at every step even today: the Roman forum dated to the 1st century AD, the church of St. Donatus dated to the 9th century AD – the most famous Medieval basilica and the symbol of the city, the mighty city walls with representative Port and Land gates from the 16th century AD, and numerous palaces, villas and other monumental heritage. The town is full of great restaurants packed in the center and already mentioned historical monuments that can be found in and around the city – of special interest is the famous Zadar Sea Organ and “The Greeting to the Sun” light installation.
Wednesday ZADAR - VODICE
Today we head back along the Dalmatian coast. Stop for a swim in one of the beautiful bays. After the lunch we cruise to a popular lively resort town Vodice, where we spend the night. Here one enjoy the beautiful terraces of local restaurants and cafes or simply walk along wonderful beaches of this typical Dalmatian town.
Thursday VODICE - TROGIR
Depart after breakfast with a swimming stop in one of the bays. After lunch cruise to the old Dalmatian town, Trogir (Greek relief from 4th century was found here). Trogir is sometimes referred to as “miniature Venice” or a floating museum town - as it has a masterful architecture.
Friday TROGIR - SPLIT
Back to Split Riviera with a whole day of swimming ahead! Stop in one of the bays on the Čiovo island (connected to Trogir by a bridge). In the late afternoon we continue toward the last port of call while enjoying the magnificent view of Split Riviera. Join our guided tour of Split with an English speaking guide. Split is a monument city under UNESCO protection that belongs not only to Croatian people, but to you as well because it is in the world heritage. Here we find an abundance of Roman architecture – of special interest is the Diocletian palace. Overnight in Split.
Early breakfast after which it is time to say goodbye to the crew and all your new friends!
Obligatory supplement - VISITOR’S TAX & PORT FEES ARE NOT INCLUDED (to be paid on the spot) EUR 25.- per person per week
- Entrance to National Parks: prices vary from EUR 10. - 15.- per person depending on season and park
- Full Board supplement: EUR 115.- per person/week, min.10 pax required.
- Drink supplement: EUR 16.- per week – incl. choice of 1 drink - glass of wine, 1 beer or 1 soft drink with lunch
- Water supplement: EUR 20.- per person per week – includes 1,5 l of water per person per day- to be paid on the spot
- English Breakfast supplement: EUR 40.- per week - incl. 2 eggs, bacon, tomato and mushrooms, or fruit & yoghurt, or similar (regular continental breakfast included in price of the cruise includes: coffee, tea, milk, glass of juice, cereal, bread, a variety of spreads - butter, honey, jam, soft cheese; daily additions such as ham and cheese or boiled eggs, frankfurters, salami etc.) - hot & cold breakfast included on A+ ships
- Captain’s dinner: EUR 25.- choice of fish or meat menu - ship's speciality served (included in price on A+ vessels)
- Wedding renewal package: EUR 100,- per couple – includes renewal ceremony performed by the captain, certificate, champagne, gift
- Extra towels: On A & A+ category ships the guests will be provided with two towels for personal use per week. Extra towels can be rented for EUR 3.- & beach towels EUR 5.- per week/towel. Katarina Line beach towel can be purchased on arrival for EUR 10.-
- Daily cabin cleaning: EUR 15.- per person per week - included in the price for A+ vessels - not provided on A category ships but can be ordered in advance;
- Parking: Possible from EUR 10.- daily
- Airport transfers: EUR 50.- from Split airport to Split port. Other transfers available on request.
- Pre/post cruise accommodation: Available on request - private accommodation, villas, hotels...
- Ferry Tickets: Cabins, seats or deck, available for coastal & international ferry connections
LAND & CRUISE PACKAGE supplement
Add 3 nights land program to your cruise for a 10 night program; possible for all departures
Price per person: EUR 525.- Single supplement: EUR 135.- Reduction on third bed: 10%
Includes: Combined with KL4 includes 3 nights prior to cruise (2 overnights Zagreb, 1 overnight Split), 1 half board and 2 bed and breakfast services; accommodation in 4* Hotel in Zagreb & Split, Visitor’s taxes during land part, airport transfers (from airport Zagreb and to airport Split), all transfers as per itinerary, guided sightseeing of Zagreb, Plitvice, Split, and on the cruise of Zadar, Šibenik, Trogir)
(if paid locally payment in KUNA currency, prices are informative and subject to change)
MOSTAR EUR 68.-
Saturday after the cruise; experience Bosnia and Herzegovina's most beautiful city, view the iconic 'Stari Most'/Old Bridge, discover Ottoman and Turkish history – bus excursion / passport required / minimum 10 persons.
PLITVICE LAKES (EUR 87.- per person)
Visit the famous Plitvice Lakes, sixteen turquoise colored lakes with crystal clear water connected by magnificent waterfalls. Pure nature, mountain forests and fresh air. One of the most beautiful national parks in Croatia, and a UNESCO site. A full day tour, starting early in the morning and returning just for your dinner. One-day tour begins in the early morning hours (7:30 am) while the return is scheduled in the evening (approx 7:00 pm, includes coach transfer, guide, entrance to the park with boat and train ride in the park); comfortable shoes recommended.
SKRADIN WINE EXPERIENCE EUR 35.-
Visit to a winery “Bibich” in village of Plastovo –15 min. transfer from Skradin up to the village of Plastovo, and the Bibich winery which produces fine red & white wines, many of them exported to the US. Enjoy the wine tasting and a light tapas dinner). Min 6 pax required
OPTIONAL SIGHTSEEING IN FOLLOWING TOWNS (min 10 pax required): Zadar, Trogir, Šibenik, Split - EUR 10.- per person per tour;
10% discount available for 3 or more tours booked in advance; A+ ships have Zadar tour included in the price.
- 150 EUR per person upon reservation
- Rest payment one month prior to arrival
- The Captain reserves the right in changing the route in case of bad weather conditions
- Departures are guaranteed. Katarina line reserves the right in cancelling departures with less than 10 participants and changing ship name if need arises
- Guests are obliged to follow ship rules (found in written form on the ship) especially with regards to bringing drinks on board.
- In case of bad behavior Katarina Line/captain reserves the right in asking clients to disembark
- From the day of confirmation up till 30 days prior to arrival – advance payment (EUR 150 per person) - non-refundable
- 29-22 days – 25% of the remaining balance
- 21-15 days – 50% of the remaining balance
- 14-0 days – 100% fee
- Name change / date change fee – 20 eur per person (valid only if the change is done up till 30 days prior booked departure, otherwise regular cancellation clause will be applied)
Katarina line highly recommends clients to take insurance against cancellation of reserved services! Katarina line offers a complete travel insurance package (travel health insurance, personal accident insurance, private liability, luggage insurance & trip cancellation). Additional information about travel insurance package can be found at ToS
Due specific mooring conditions and requirements in some Croatian ports, Katarina Line ships are moored side by side, making it necessary for the clients to cross from one ship to another with gaps in between ships in order to get to the shore. In such cases clients need to take special care when crossing and do this at their own risk. Crew assistance will be given to those needing and requesting it.