KL4 - Nature and Culture
Cruising with vintage sailing ships along the middle Dalmatian coastline & islands on the route:
For this trip all you will need is a few T-shirts and a swimming costume to spend seven unforgettable days sailing on the Adriatic Sea from one island to another. Relax and let the captain and his crew (especially the cook) take care of you. During the day you can swim, snorkel, sunbathe, and explore the underworld of the Adriatic Sea. In the evenings you are free to find a good restaurant, discover old churches or other historical monuments on land…
Saturday SPLIT – ROGOZNICA or PRIMOŠTEN
Departure from Split harbour at 13:00. Lunch on route after which we stop for an afternoon swimm in a quiet bay Overnight in Rogoznica or Primošten (depending on situation in the port) - both small villages that offer many restaurants and small cafes with remarkable wine - the famous wine BABIC.
Sunday ROGOZNICA or PRIMOŠTEN – ŠIBENIK - KRKA WATERFALLS/SKRADIN or ZLARIN
After breakfast we continue on to ŠIBENIK for morning sightseeing of this historical town. In Sibenik one can visit a castle above the town center and many beautiful historical buildings, like the Foscolo palace (gothic style) or St. Laurent church in baroque style. Departure towards Krka Waterfalls with lunch on board while enjoying the views of the Krka Canyon. Afternoon free to enjoy the National park and the waterfalls. Discover the beauty of Krka, and its exceptional flora and fauna. Overnight in port of Skradin – or on island and village ZLARIN (depending on the situation in the small port of Skradin).
Monday KRKA WATERFALLS – KORNATI - SALI
Today we leave the region of the famous National Park Kornati – rich in fish, and cultural and historic remains. Ruins of old Ilyrian fortress, Roman villas, old Christian church of St. Mary and medieval fortresses and settlements add to the value of these islands. Kornati consists of 140 islands and reefs. Inlets of some islands descend steeply into the sea, a hundred meters deep in places, and dramatically razor sharp. It is truly something remarkable to see. Overnight in Sali on Long Island (Dugi Otok).
Tuesday SALI - ZADAR
Morning reserved for swimming. Departure for Zadar in the afternoon where we spend the night in the port. Here you have a possibility to join guided tour of the city with English speaking guide. For centuries the metropolis of Dalmatia, and today the centre of the region, Zadar has been a city of rich monumental heritage of world importance visible at every step even today: the Roman forum dated to the 1st century AD, the church of St. Donatus dated to the 9th century AD – the most famous Medieval basilica and the symbol of the city, the mighty city walls with representative Port and Land gates from the 16th century AD, and numerous palaces, villas and other monumental heritage. The town is full of great restaurants packed in the center and already mentioned historical monuments that can be found in and around the city – of special interest is the famous Zadar Sea Organ.
Wednesday ZADAR - VODICE
Today we head back along the Dalmatian coast. Stop for a swim in one of the beautiful bays. After the lunch we cruise to a popular and always lively resort Vodice, where we spend the night. Here one enjoy the beautiful terraces of local restaurants and cafes or simply walk along beautiful beaches of this typical Dalmatian town.
Thursday VODICE - TROGIR
Depart after breakfast with a swimming stop in one of the bays and after lunch we visit an old Dalmatian town, Trogir (Greek relief from 4th century was found here). Trogir is sometimes referred to as “miniature Venice” or a floating museum town - as it has a masterful architecture.
Friday TROGIR - SPLIT
Back to Split Riviera with a whole day of swimming ahead! Stop in one of the bays on the Čiovo island (connected to Trogir by a bridge). In the late afternoon we continue toward the last port of call while enjoying the magnificent view of Split Riviera. Possibility to join our guided tour of Split with an English speaking guide. Split is a monument city under UNESCO protection that belongs not only to Croatian people, but to you as well because it is in the world heritage. Here we find an abundance of Roman architecture – of special interest is the Diocletian palace. Overnight in Split.
Early breakfast after which it is time to say goodbye to the crew and all your new friends!
- Full Board supplement: EUR 115.- per person/week (gross), min.10 pax required.
- Drink supplement: EUR 16.- per week (netto) – incl. choice of 1 drink - glass of wine, 1 beer or 1 soft drink with lunch
- Water supplement: EUR 20.- per person per week (netto) – includes 1,5 l of water per person per day- to be paid on the spot
- English Breakfast supplement: EUR 40.- per week (netto) - incl. 2 eggs, bacon, tomato and mushrooms, or fruit & yoghurt, or similar (regular Continental breakfast included in price of the cruise includes: coffee, tea, milk, glass of juice, cereal, bread, a variety of spreads - butter, honey, jam, soft cheese; daily additions such as ham and cheese or boiled eggs, frankfurters, salami etc.)
- Captain’s dinner: EUR 25.- (netto) - choice of fish or meat menu - ship's speciality served (included in price on A+ vessels)
- Wedding renewal package: EUR 100,- (netto) per couple – includes renewal ceremony performed by the captain, certificate, champagne, gift
- Extra towels: On A & A+ category ships the guests will be provided with two towels for personal use per week. Extra towels can be rented for EUR 3.- & beach towels EUR 5.- per week/towel. Katarina Line beach towel can be purchased on arrival for EUR 10.-
- Daily cabin cleaning: EUR 15,- per person per week (netto) - included in the price for A+ vessels - daily cabin servicing, fresh bed linen and towels midweek; not provided on A category ships but can be ordered in advance;
- Parking: Possible from EUR 10.- daily
- Airport transfers: various airport possibilities (Zagreb, Trieste, Ljubljana, Venice) – price on request; FREE OF CHARGE local transfers for KL1 route (from Opatija hotels to Opatija port)
- Pre/post cruise accommodation: Ask us for a quote and our suggestion - prices from EUR 20.- per person/night depending on season and accommodation type (private accommodation, villas, hotels...)
- Ferry Tickets: Cabins, seats or deck, available for coastal & international ferry connections
CETINA RIVER RAFTING EUR 30.-
This is one of the most popular adventure activities in this area. The rapids of Cetina River are not difficult but still fun and exciting with breathtaking scenery is breath taking. The tour includes: bus transfer to and from the ship and guide instructor. Life vest and helmets are provided. Duration is approximately 5 hours together with bus transfer.
MOSTAR EUR 68.-
Saturday after the cruise ; experience Bosnia and Herzegovina's most beautiful city, view the iconic 'Stari Most'/Old Bridge, discover Ottoman and Turkish history – bus excursion /passport required
Optional sightseeing in following towns (min 5 pax required):
Split, Korčula - EUR 10,- per person per tour
200 EUR per person upon reservation
Rest of the payment one month prior to arrival
- The Captain reserves the right in changing the route in case of bad weather conditions
- Departures are guaranteed. Katarina line reserves the right in cancelling departures with less than 10 participants and changing ship name if need arises
- Guests are obliged to follow ship rules (found in written form on the ship) especially with regards to bringing drinks on board.
- In case of bad behavior Katarina Line/captain reserves the right in asking clients to disembark
- From the day of confirmation up till 30 days prior to arrival – advance payment (EUR 200 per person) - non-refundable
- 29-22 days – 25% of the remaining balance
- 21-15 days – 50% of the remaining balance
- 14-0 days – 100% fee
- Name change / date change fee – 20 eur per person (valid only if the change is done up till 30 days prior booked departure, otherwise regular cancellation clause will be applied)