KL6 - One Way: Opatija - Split
CABIN TYPE DESCRIPTIONS:
A + CATEGORY: air-conditioned, spacious en-suite cabins (with double or twin beds) on newly built ships (price includes Captain’s dinner and sightseeing of Zadar, daily cabin service, mid-week fresh set of towels and bed linen).
REDUCTIONS & SUPPLEMENTS:
- adult on 3rd bed in a triple cabin – 30%
- children under 10 years – 50%
- single use of cabin +50% (except season A, in other seasons avoid by sharing) (limited number of single cabins without supplement available)
Cruising with motor ships along the magnificent Adriatic
Cruising with motor ships along the magnificent Adriatic on the route: KL6: OPATIJA – KRK – RAB – ZADAR – KORNATI/VODICE –
KRKA WATERFALLS/PRIMOSTEN – TROGIR – SPLIT
For this trip all you will need is a few T-shirts and a swimming costume to spend seven unforgettable days sailing on the Adriatic Sea from one island to another. Relax and let the captain and his crew (especially the cook) take care of you. During the day you can swim, snorkel, sunbathe, and explore the underworld of the Adriatic Sea. The evenings you have free to find a good restaurant or discover old churches or other historical monuments…
Saturday OPATIJA - KRK ISLAND
Departure at 13:00h with lunch on board followed by a swim stop in the crystal clear sea on route to Krk island - the largest of the Croatian islands. Krk has immense variety in its villages large and small, gentle green promenades bare rocky wilderness, tiny islands and hundreds of hidden bays and beaches. Evening at leisure to enjoy numerous cafes and restaurants alongside the waterfront. Overnight in town of Krk.
Sunday KRK ISLAND - RAB ISLAND
After breakfast cruise towards Rab island known as the “island of love”. Sightseeing of town encircled by medieval walls, Romanesque church towers, churches, palaces, stone streets and ancient facades. Enjoy the “gallery” on the streets and squares and try famous “Rapska torta“ cake, it is a must. If the time allows walk up to Kamenjak hill to enjoy the magnificent sunset. Overnight in town of Rab.
Monday RAB ISLAND - ZADAR
Morning cruise from Rab towards Zadar along Pag island with a swim stop on the tiny MAUN island. Enjoy guided tour of the city, which was for centuries the metropolis of Dalmatia, and today the centre of the region. Zadar is rich in monumental heritage of world importance visible on every step. Here you can see The Roman forum dated to the 1st century AD, the church of St. Donatus dated to the 9th century AD – the most famous Medieval basilica and the symbol of the city, the mighty city walls with representative Port and Land gates from the 16th century AD, and numerous palaces, villas. The town is full of great restaurants packed in the centre. Of special interest are the famous Zadar Sea Organs, one of a kind in the world and “The Greeting to the Sun” light installation. Overnight.
Tuesday ZADAR - KORNATI / VODICE
Morning departure for the National Park Kornati, which consists of 89 islands, islets and rocks. In addition to this large number of islands, the continental part includes only ¼ of the surface of the park, while the rest belong to the marine eco-system. Enjoy the ruins of the ancient Illyrian fortress, Roman villas, old Christian church of St Mary and medieval fortresses and settlements add to the value of the islands, and reefs that are sometimes as steep as 100 m deep in the sea. Afterwards we continue to Vodice, a typical small Dalmatian town, where we will overnight. Enjoy your evening at one of the beautiful terraces and abundant restaurants or simply enjoy walking on the beautiful beaches of this typical Dalmatian coastal town.
Wednesday VODICE – KRKA WATERFALLS/PRIMOŠTEN
Enjoy the beautiful view of the Krka River Canyon while cruising towards the town of Primošten. After lunch you will admire the astonishing nature and waterfalls of the National Park during sightseeing. Enjoy your evening in this fascinating, picturesque small town. This is the place to taste the local wines, for which this city is known. Overnight in Primošten.
Thursday PRIMOŠTEN – TROGIR
Today we head for "Little Venice", or the floating museum town as TROGIR is often called. Located on a small island, connected to the mainland and Čiovo peninsula by two bridges, the town is a magical place that offers plenty of cultural and historical monuments, charming small “konobas” – croatian taverns and restaurants that offer a wide range of typical Dalmatian specialties. Overnight in Trogir harbour.
Friday TROGIR – SPLIT
Our final destination is situated near Trogir, givng us ample time for swimming and sunbathing in one of the bays of the Čiovo peninsula or the Šolta island in the little village Stomorska. In the afternoon hours we continue our cruise to Split, enjoying the astonishing view of Split Riviera. Split is a city under UNESCO protection, and its historical richness and beauty does not belong only to people who live near its walls, but are offered for those who want to catch a piece of centuries-old beauty. Upon arrival, we recommend walking throughout the old city center, 1700 years old Diocletian's palace and other places of interest in this city, the second largest in Croatia. Overnight in Split.
After breakfast say goodbye to the crew and hope to see you again aboard Katarina Line cruises.
Obligatory supplement - VISITOR’S TAX & PORT FEES ARE NOT INCLUDED (to be paid on the spot) EUR 25.- per person per week
- Full Board supplement: EUR 115.- per person/week, min.10 pax required.
- Drink supplement: EUR 16.- per week – incl. choice of 1 drink - glass of wine, 1 beer or 1 soft drink with lunch
- Water supplement: EUR 20.- per person per week – includes 1,5 l of water per person per day- to be paid on the spot
- English Breakfast supplement: EUR 40.- per week - incl. 2 eggs, bacon, tomato and mushrooms, or fruit & yoghurt, or similar (regular continental breakfast included in price of the cruise includes: coffee, tea, milk, glass of juice, cereal, bread, a variety of spreads - butter, honey, jam, soft cheese; daily additions such as ham and cheese or boiled eggs, frankfurters, salami etc.) - hot & cold breakfast included on A+ ships
- Captain’s dinner: EUR 25.- - choice of fish or meat menu - ship's speciality served (included in price on A+ vessels)
- Wedding renewal package: EUR 100,- per couple – includes renewal ceremony performed by the captain, certificate, champagne, gift
- Extra towels: On A+ category ships the guests will be provided with two towels for personal use per week. Extra towels can be rented for EUR 3.- & beach towels EUR 5.- per week/towel. Katarina Line beach towel can be purchased on arrival for EUR 10.-
- Daily cabin cleaning: EUR 15.- per person per week - included in the price for A+ vessels
- Parking: Possible from EUR 10.- daily
- Airport transfers: EUR 50.- from Split port to Split airport; various airport possibilities from Opatija (Rijeka, Pula, Zagreb, Trieste, Ljubljana, Venice) – price on request; FREE OF CHARGE local transfers for KL1 route (from Opatija hotels to Opatija port)
- Available on request - private accommodation, villas, hotels...
- Ferry Tickets: Cabins, seats or deck, available for coastal & international ferry connections
LAND & CRUISE PACKAGE supplement
Add 3 nights land program to your cruise for a 10 night program; possible for all departures
Price per person: EUR 525.- Single supplement: EUR 135.- Reduction on third bed: 10%
Includes: Combined with KL6 from Opatija includes 3 nights prior to cruise (2 overnights in Zagreb, 1 overnight in Opatija); 1 half board and 2 bed and breakfast services; accommodation in 4* Hotel in Zagreb & Opatija, Visitor’s taxes during land part, Airport transfers (from and to airport Zagreb), all transfers as per itinerary, guided sightseeing of Zagreb, Plitvice, Opatija, and on the cruise of Rab and Zadar)
(if paid locally payment in KUNA currency, prices are informative and subject to change)
PLITVICE LAKES (EUR 50.- per person)
Visit the famous Plitvice Lakes, sixteen turquoise colored lakes with crystal clear water connected by magnificent waterfalls. Pure nature, mountain forests and fresh air. One of the most beautiful national parks in Croatia, and a UNESCO site. A full day tour, starting early in the morning and returning just in time for dinner. One-day tour begins in the early morning hours (7:30 am) while the return is scheduled in the evening (approx. 7:00 pm, includes coach transfer, guide, entrance to the park with boat and train ride in the park); comfortable shoes recommended.
VENICE (EUR 70.- per person)
Visit Venice, one of the most unique cities in the world. Take a walk along picturesque bridges and a gondola ride or just sip a Bellini cocktail at St. Marks square. Depart from Opatija in the early morning (06:00 am and transfer to Rovinj or Poreč for a 3 hour ship transfer to Venice. Guided sightseeing tour of Venice. Afternoon return by ship to Rovinj or Porec followed by coach transfer to Opatija; includes bus and boat ride, guided sightseeing; passport required.
KRK island (EUR 25.- per person)
Visit the unique “Nada” winery in the town of Vrbnik which lies on a cliff above the sea in the famous wine region known for its wine sort Žlahtina grown only on this island. Transfer to the winery for a presentation and tasting of the Žlahtina along with ham, cheese, olives & bread). Min 2 pax required.
WAKEBOARDING & WATERSKIING ON KRK ISLAND (from EUR 14.- to EUR 40.- per person)
Experience adrenaline rush at Wakeboard center Cable Krk only 3 km from Krk town and enjoy wakeboarding on 650m long 5 cornered cableway system with 8 carriers. The use of a life jacket, skies or kneeboards and instructions from experienced staff are included in the price. Possibility to rent beginners or pro wakeboards, wake skates, wetsuits and helmets. Transfer is not included in the price.
4-WHEEL DRIVE ADVENTURE ON ISLAND CRES AND TO UČKA MOUNTAIN (Price on request)
To enjoy magnificent views of islands Krk and Cres - additional information on request
SKRADIN WINE EXPERIENCE EUR 35.-
Visit to a winery “Bibich” in village of Plastovo –15 min. transfer from Skradin up to the village of Plastovo, and the Bibich winery which produces fine red & white wines, many of them exported to the US. Enjoy the wine tasting and a light tapas dinner). Min 6 pax required
MOSTAR EUR 68.-
Saturday after the cruise; experience Bosnia and Herzegovina's most beautiful city, view the iconic 'Stari Most'/Old Bridge, discover Ottoman and Turkish history – bus excursion / passport required / minimum 10 persons.
Optional sightseeing in following towns (min 10 pax required):
Opatija, Krk, Rab, Zadar, Trogir, Split - EUR 10,- per person per tour; 10% discount available for 3 or more tours booked in advance; A+ ships have Zadar tour included in the price.
- 150 EUR per person upon reservation
- Rest payment one month prior to arrival
- The Captain reserves the right in changing the route in case of bad weather conditions
- Departures are guaranteed. Katarina Line reserves the right in cancelling departures with less than 10 participants and changing ship name if need arises
- Guests are obliged to follow ship rules (found in written form on the ship) especially with regards to bringing drinks on board.
- In case of bad behavior Katarina Line/captain reserves the right in asking clients to disembark
- From the day of confirmation up till 30 days prior to arrival – advance payment (EUR 150 per person) - non-refundable
- 29-22 days – 25% of the remaining balance
- 21-15 days – 50% of the remaining balance
- 14-0 days – 100% fee
- Name change / date change fee – 20 eur per person (valid only if the change is done up till 30 days prior booked departure, otherwise regular cancellation clause will be applied)
Katarina line highly recommends clients to take insurance against cancellation of reserved services! Katarina line offers a complete travel insurance package (travel health insurance, personal accident insurance, private liability, luggage insurance & trip cancellation). Additional information about travel insurance package can be found at ToS
Due specific mooring conditions and requirements in some Croatian ports, Katarina Line ships are moored side by side, making it necessary for the clients to cross from one ship to another with gaps in between ships in order to get to the shore. In such cases clients need to take special care when crossing and do this at their own risk. Crew assistance will be given to those needing and requesting it.