KL8 - One Way: Opatija - Dubrovnik
Cruising with vintage sailing ships along the magnificent Adriatic on the route:
Adriatic Explorer - One way cruise
Departure from Opatija
Guaranteed departure on 10.08.
Cruising with vintage sailing ships along the magnificent Adriatic on the route:
Saturday OPATIJA – KRK ISLAND
Departure at 13:00h. Lunch on board followed by a swim stop in the crystal clear sea on route to Krk island - the largest of the Croatian islands. Krk has immense variety in its villages large and small, gentle green promenades bare rocky wilderness, tiny islands and hundreds of hidden bays and beaches. Evening at leisure to enjoy numerous cafes and restaurants alongside the waterfront. Overnight in town of Krk.
Sunday KRK ISLAND – RAB ISLAND
After breakfast we cruise towards Rab island known as the “island of love”. Sightseeing of town of Rab, which is encircled by medieval walls, Romanesque church towers, churches and palaces, stone streets and ancient facades. Enjoy the “gallery” on the streets and squares where many painters and artists exhibit their works. If the time allows walk up to Kamenjak hill to enjoy the magnificent sunset. Overnight in town of Rab.
Monday RAB ISLAND – ZADAR
Morning cruise from Rab along the Pag island with a swim stop on the tiny MAUN island when cruising towards Zadar. Enjoy guided tour of the city, which was the metropolis of Dalmatia for centuries, and today the centre of the region, Zadar is rich monumental heritage of world importance visible at every step. Here you can see The Roman forum dated to the 1st century AD, the church of St. Donatus dated to the 9th century AD – the most famous Medieval basilica and the symbol of the city, the mighty city walls with representative Port and Land gates from the 16th century AD, and numerous palaces, villas. The town is full of great restaurants packed in the centre. Of special interest are the famous Zadar Sea Organs, one of a kind in the world and “The Greeting to the Sun” installation. Overnight in Zadar.
Tuesday ZADAR – ŠIBENIK
Early morning, we continue our cruise to the old Croatian town of Šibenik, situated at almost the central part of Croatian Adriatic coast. The city abounds in historical and cultural monuments, and the most important one being the Cathedral of St. James, listed on the UNESCO list of world cultural heritage. Overnight in the port of Šibenik.
Wednesday ŠIBENIK – SPLIT
From Šibenik we continue our cruise down to Split, the capital of the region of Dalmatia and the second largest city in Croatia. Split is a city under UNESCO protection, and its historical richness and beauty does not belong only to people who live near its walls, but are offered for those who want to catch a piece of centuries-old beauty. Upon arrival, we recommend walking throughout the old city center, 1700 year old Diocletian's palace. Overnight in Split.
Thursday SPLIT – KORČULA
Early in the morning we depart towards the Korcula island, the birthplace of famous explorer and adventurer Marco Polo. Surrounded by medieval walls, Korčula looks like a miniature Dubrovnik when approaching from the sea, and the city has more legends, tales and monuments than you will find anywhere else. Today, Korcula is the only place in the world where the Spanish medieval knight's game – Moreška is performed. A short visit to the town of Hvar on the island of Hvar or afternoon swim is planned before arrival where we recommend a walk through the streets of the old town built in the shape of a fish bone, in many konobas, taverns, restaurants, cocktail bars or night-club located on the city walls. Overnight in port.
Friday KORČULA – DUBROVNIK
Morning cruise towards our final destination - a true pearl of Adriatic - Dubrovnik. After lunch, discover this “paradise on Earth”, as the famous writer George Barnard Shaw described this city. Walk along Stradun – main town street and explore little side streets, climb up with the cable car to the Srđ Hill – once a favourite promenade of Dubrovnik gentlemen, and today tourist spot where the Museum of the Patriotic war is situated. We recommend a walk along the city walls with the stunning views of the old town of Dubrovnik and the surrounding islands. Overnight in the harbor Gruž.
After breakfast you will say goodbye to the crew and your new friends with the hope of meeting again on one of the ships of Katarina line fleet!
- Full Board supplement: EUR 115.- per person/week (gross), min.10 pax required.
- Drink supplement: EUR 16.- per week (netto) – incl. choice of 1 drink - glass of wine, 1 beer or 1 soft drink with lunch
- Water supplement: EUR 20.- per person per week (netto) – includes 1,5 l of water per person per day- to be paid on the spot
- English Breakfast supplement: EUR 40.- per week (netto) - incl. 2 eggs, bacon, tomato and mushrooms, or fruit & yoghurt, or similar (regular Continental breakfast included in price of the cruise includes: coffee, tea, milk, glass of juice, cereal, bread, a variety of spreads - butter, honey, jam, soft cheese; daily additions such as ham and cheese or boiled eggs, frankfurters, salami etc.)
- Captain’s dinner: EUR 25.- (netto) - choice of fish or meat menu - ship's speciality served (included in price on A+ vessels)
- Wedding renewal package: EUR 100,- (netto) per couple – includes renewal ceremony performed by the captain, certificate, champagne, gift
- Extra towels: On A & A+ category ships the guests will be provided with two towels for personal use per week. Extra towels can be rented for EUR 3.- & beach towels EUR 5.- per week/towel. Katarina Line beach towel can be purchased on arrival for EUR 10.-
- Daily cabin cleaning: EUR 15,- per person per week (netto) - included in the price for A+ vessels - daily cabin servicing, fresh bed linen and towels midweek; not provided on A category ships but can be ordered in advance;
- Parking: Possible from EUR 10.- daily
- Airport transfers: various airport possibilities (Zagreb, Trieste, Ljubljana, Venice) – price on request; FREE OF CHARGE local transfers for KL1 route (from Opatija hotels to Opatija port)
- Pre/post cruise accommodation: Ask us for a quote and our suggestion - prices from EUR 20.- per person/night depending on season and accommodation type (private accommodation, villas, hotels...)
- Ferry Tickets: Cabins, seats or deck, available for coastal & international ferry connections
LAND & CRUISE PACKAGE supplement
Add 3 nights land program to your A+ cruise for a 10 night program; possible for all A+ departures
Price: EUR 525,- per person; EUR 135,- single supplement; reduction on 3rd bed 10%
Includes: Combined with KL8 includes 3 nights prior to cruise (2 overnights in Zagreb, 1 overnight in Opatija); 1 half board and 2 bed and breakfast services; accommodation in 4* Hotel in Zagreb & Opatija, Visitor’s taxes during land part, Airport transfers (from airport Zagreb to airport Dubrovnik), all transfers as per itinerary, guided sightseeing of Zagreb, Plitvice, Opatija, and on the cruise of Zadar and Dubrovnik)
MOSTAR EUR 55.-
Saturday after the cruise; experience Bosnia and Herzegovina's most beautiful city, view the iconic 'Stari Most'/Old Bridge, discover Ottoman and Turkish history – bus excursion /passport required
KORČULA WINE TASTING EUR 15.-
Join our optional wine tasting in Korčula to try some of the famous Dalmatian and Croatian wines. Discover the story behind their perfect taste while enjoying a light snack.
MONTENEGRO EUR 52.-
On Saturday prior to cruise - visit Montenegro for a day, a small country attracting with its magnificent mountains rising above the Adriatic Sea, filled with natural beauty and historic towns like Budva and Kotor – bus excursion/passport required).
DUBROVNIK CABLE CAR EUR 13.-
Enjoy the cable car in Dubrovnik to Srđ mountain and get scenic views of the old city.
SIGHTSEEING EUR 10.- per person per tour
Optional SIGHTSEEING in following towns (min 5 pax required):
Opatija, Rab, Split, Korčula, Dubrovnik; 10% discount available for 3 or more tours booked in advance; A+ ships have Dubrovnik tour included in the price.
150 EUR per person upon online reservation/deposit
200 EUR per person upon reservation
Rest of the payment one month prior to arrival
- The Captain reserves the right in changing the route in case of bad weather conditions
- Departures are guaranteed. Katarina line reserves the right in cancelling departures with less than 10 participants and changing ship name if need arises
- Guests are obliged to follow ship rules (found in written form on the ship) especially with regards to bringing drinks on board.
- In case of bad behavior Katarina Line/captain reserves the right in asking clients to disembark
- From the day of confirmation up till 30 days prior to arrival – advance payment (EUR 200 per person) - non-refundable
- 29-22 days – 25% of the remaining balance
- 21-15 days – 50% of the remaining balance
- 14-0 days – 100% fee
- Name change / date change fee – 20 eur per person (valid only if the change is done up till 30 days prior booked departure, otherwise regular cancellation clause will be applied)