KL8 - One Way: Opatija - Dubrovnik
CABIN TYPE DESCRIPTIONS:
A + CATEGORY: air-conditioned, spacious en-suite cabins (with double or twin beds) on newly built ships (price includes Captain’s dinner and sightseeing of Dubrovnik, daily cabin service, mid-week fresh set of towels and bed linen).
A CATEGORY: cabins with private shower/toilet (3rd bed possible on request), mostly bunk beds
B CATEGORY: cabins with washbasin, common showers/toilettes, bunk beds
REDUCTIONS & SUPPLEMENTS:
- adult on 3rd bed in a triple cabin – 30%
- children under 10 years – 50%
- single use of cabin +50% (except season A, in other seasons avoid by sharing) (limited number of single cabins without supplement available)
Cruising with motor ships along the magnificent
Cruising with motor ships along the magnificent
Adriatic on the route: KL8: OPATIJA/KRK – RAB – ZADAR – ŠIBENIK – SPLIT – KORČULA – DUBROVNIK
For this trip all you will need is a few T-shirts and a swimming costume to spend seven unforgettable days sailing on the Adriatic Sea from one island to another. Relax and let the captain and his crew (especially the cook) take care of you. During the day you can swim, snorkel, sunbathe, and explore the underworld of the Adriatic Sea. The evenings you have free to find a good restaurant or discover old churches or other historical monuments…
Saturday OPATIJA – KRK ISLAND
Departure at 13:00h. Lunch on board followed by a swim stop in the
crystal clear sea on route to Krk island - the largest of the Croatian islands. Krk has immense variety in its villages large and small, gentle green promenades bare rocky wilderness, tiny islands and hundreds of hidden bays and beaches. Evening at leisure to enjoy numerous cafes and restaurants alongside the waterfront. Overnight in town of Krk.
Sunday KRK ISLAND – RAB ISLAND
After breakfast we cruise towards Rab island known as the “island of love”. Sightseeing of the town encircled by medieval walls, Romanesque church towers, churches and palaces, stone streets and ancient facades. Enjoy the “gallery” on the streets and squares where many painters and artists exhibit their works. If time allows walk up Kamenjak hill to enjoy the magnificent sunset. Overnight in Rab town.
Monday RAB ISLAND – ZADAR
Morning cruise from Rab towards Zadar along Pag island with a swim stop on the tiny MAUN island. Enjoy guided tour of the city, for centuries the metropolis of Dalmatia, and today the centre of the region. Zadar is rich in monumental heritage of world importance visible at every step. Here you can see The Roman forum dated to the 1st century AD, the church of St. Donatus dated to the 9th century AD – the most famous Medieval basilica and the symbol of the city, the mighty city walls with representative Port and Land gates from the 16th century AD, and numerous palaces, villas. The town is full of great restaurants packed in the centre. Of special interest are the famous Zadar Sea Organs, one of a kind in the world and “The Greeting to the Sun” light installation. Overnight in Zadar.
Tuesday ZADAR – ŠIBENIK
Early morning, we continue our cruise to the old Croatian town Šibenik, situated at almost central part of Croatian Adriatic coast. The city abounds in historical and cultural monuments, and the most important one being the Cathedral of St. James, listed on the UNESCO list of world cultural heritage. Overnight in the port of Šibenik.
Wednesday ŠIBENIK – SPLIT
From Šibenik we continue our cruise down to Split, the capital of the region of Dalmatia and the second largest city in Croatia. Split is a city under UNESCO protection, and its historical richness and beauty does not belong only to people who live near its walls, but are offered for those who want to catch a piece of centuries-old beauty. Upon arrival, we recommend walking throughout the old city center, 1700 year old Diocletian's palace. Overnight in Split.
Thursday SPLIT – KORČULA
Early in the morning we depart towards the Korčula island, the birthplace of famous explorer and adventurer Marco Polo. Surrounded by medieval walls, Korčula looks like a miniature Dubrovnik when approaching from the sea, and the city has more legends, tales and monuments than you will find anywhere else. Today, Korčula is the only place in the world where the Spanish medieval knight's game – Moreška is performed. A short visit to the Hvar town or afternoon swim is planned before arrival. We recommend a walk through the streets of the old town built in the shape of a fish bone, and in the evening visits to some of many konobas, taverns, restaurants, cocktail bars or night-clubs located on the city walls. Overnight in port.
Friday KORČULA – DUBROVNIK
Morning cruise towards our final destination - a true pearl of the Adriatic - Dubrovnik. After lunch, discover this “paradise on Earth”, as the famous writer George Barnard Shaw described this city. Walk along Stradun – main town street and explore little side streets, climb up with the cable car to the Srđ Hill – once a favorite promenade of Dubrovnik gentlemen, and today tourist spot where the Museum of the Patriotic war is situated. We recommend a walk along the city walls with the stunning views of the old town of Dubrovnik and the surrounding islands. Overnight in the harbour Gruž.
After breakfast say goodbye to the crew and your new friends with the hope of meeting again on one of the Katarina line ships.
Obligatory supplement - VISITOR’S TAX & PORT FEES ARE NOT INCLUDED (to be paid on the spot) EUR 25.- per person per week
- Entrance to National Parks: prices vary from EUR 10. - 15.- per person depending on season and park
- Full Board supplement: EUR 115.- per person/week, min.10 pax required.
- Drink supplement: EUR 16.- per week – incl. choice of 1 drink - glass of wine, 1 beer or 1 soft drink with lunch
- Water supplement: EUR 20.- per person per week – includes 1,5 l of water per person per day- to be paid on the spot
- English Breakfast supplement: EUR 40.- per week - incl. 2 eggs, bacon, tomato and mushrooms, or fruit & yoghurt, or similar (regular continental breakfast included in price of the cruise includes: coffee, tea, milk, glass of juice, cereal, bread, a variety of spreads - butter, honey, jam, soft cheese; daily additions such as ham and cheese or boiled eggs, frankfurters, salami etc.) - hot & cold breakfast included on A+ ships
- Captain’s dinner: EUR 25.- - choice of fish or meat menu - ship's speciality served (included in price on A+ vessels)
- Wedding renewal package: EUR 100,- per couple – includes renewal ceremony performed by the captain, certificate, champagne, gift
- Extra towels: On A & A+ category ships the guests will be provided with two towels for personal use per week. No towels provided on B category ships. Extra towels can be rented for EUR 3.- & beach towels EUR 5.- per week/towel. Katarina Line beach towel can be purchased on arrival for EUR 10.-
- Daily cabin cleaning: EUR 15.- per person per week - included in the price for A+ vessels - not provided on A and B category ships but can be ordered in advance;
- Parking: Possible from EUR 10.- daily
- Airport transfers: Prices from EUR 40.- per transfer (up to 3 pax) from Dubrovnik airport to Dubrovnik port various airport possibilities from Opatija (Rijeka, Pula, Zagreb, Trieste, Ljubljana, Venice) – price on request; FREE OF CHARGE local transfers in Opatija (from Opatija hotels to Opatija port)
- Available on request - private accommodation, villas, hotels...
- Ferry Tickets: Cabins, seats or deck, available for coastal & international ferry connectio
LAND & CRUISE PACKAGE supplement
Add 3 nights land program to your cruise for a 10 night program; possible for all departures
Price per person: EUR 525.- Single supplement: EUR 135.- Reduction on third bed: 10%
Includes: Combined with KL8 from Opatija includes 3 nights prior to cruise (2 overnights in Zagreb, 1 overnight in Opatija); 1 half board and 2 bed and breakfast services; accommodation in 4* Hotel in Zagreb & Opatija, Visitor’s taxes during land part, Airport transfers (from and to airport Zagreb), all transfers as per itinerary, guided sightseeing of Zagreb, Plitvice, Opatija, and on the cruise of Zadar & Split)
(if paid locally payment in KUNA currency, prices are informative and subject to change)
PLITVICE LAKES (EUR 50.- per person)
Visit the famous Plitvice Lakes, sixteen turquoise colored lakes with crystal clear water connected by magnificent waterfalls. Pure nature, mountain forests and fresh air. One of the most beautiful national parks in Croatia, and a UNESCO site. A full day tour, starting early in the morning and returning just in time for dinner. One-day tour begins in the early morning hours (7:30 am) while the return is scheduled in the evening (approx. 7:00 pm, includes coach transfer, guide, entrance to the park with boat and train ride in the park); comfortable shoes recommended.
VENICE (EUR 70.- per person)
Visit Venice, one of the most unique cities in the world. Take a walk along picturesque bridges and a gondola ride or just sip a Bellini cocktail at St. Marks square. Depart from Opatija in the early morning (06:00 am and transfer to Rovinj or Poreč for a 3 hour ship transfer to Venice. Guided sightseeing tour of Venice. Afternoon return by ship to Rovinj or Porec followed by coach transfer to Opatija; includes bus and boat ride, guided sightseeing; passport required.
KRK island (EUR 25.- per person)
Visit the unique “Nada” winery in the town of Vrbnik which lies on a cliff above the sea in the famous wine region known for its wine sort Žlahtina grown only on this island. Transfer to the winery for a presentation and tasting of the Žlahtina along with ham, cheese, olives & bread). Min 2 pax required.
WAKEBOARDING & WATERSKIING ON KRK ISLAND (from EUR 14.- to EUR 40.- per person)
Experience adrenaline rush at Wakeboard center Cable Krk only 3 km from Krk town and enjoy wakeboarding on 650m long 5 cornered cableway system with 8 carriers. The use of a life jacket, skies or kneeboards and instructions from experienced staff are included in the price. Possibility to rent beginners or pro wakeboards, wake skates, wetsuits and helmets. Transfer is not included in the price.
4-WHEEL DRIVE ADVENTURE ON ISLAND CRES AND TO UČKA MOUNTAIN (Price on request)
To enjoy magnificent views of islands Krk and Cres - additional information on request
SKRADIN WINE EXPERIENCE EUR 35.-
Visit to a winery “Bibich” in village of Plastovo –15 min. transfer from Skradin up to the village of Plastovo, and the Bibich winery which produces fine red & white wines, many of them exported to the US. Enjoy the wine tasting and a light tapas dinner). Min 6 pax required
KORČULA WINE TASTING EUR 15.-
Join our optional wine tasting in Korčula to try some of the famous Dalmatian and Croatian wines. Discover the story behind their perfect taste while enjoying a light snack.
KORČULA VILLAGE DINNER EXPERIENCE EUR 27.-
Try typical Dalmatian dinner in small village near the town of Korčula and find out more about the history and traditional way of living.
MONTENEGRO EUR 52.-
On Saturday prior to the cruise or Sunday after the cruise - visit Montenegro for a day, a small country but attractive county; with its magnificent mountains rising above the Adriatic Sea, bursting with natural beauty and historic towns like Budva and Kotor – coach excursion/passport required).
DUBROVNIK CABLE CAR EUR 13.-
Enjoy the cable car in Dubrovnik to Srđ mountain and enjoy the scenic views of the old city.
SEA KAYAKING AROUND DUBROVNIK CITY WALLS EUR 30.-
Join the adventure in a one or two-seater kayak with all your belongings tucked safely inside a waterproof barrel. Departures from the entrance to the old town.
MOSTAR EUR 55.-
Sunday after the cruise; experience Bosnia and Herzegovina's most beautiful city, view the iconic 'Stari Most'/Old Bridge, discover Ottoman and Turkish history – bus excursion /passport required
Optional sightseeing in following towns (min 10 pax required):
Opatija, Krk, Rab, Zadar, Šibenik, Split, Korčula, Dubrovnik - EUR 10,- per person per tour; 10% discount available for 3 or more tours booked in advance; A+ ships have Zadar tour included in the price.
- 150 EUR per person upon reservation
- Rest payment one month prior to arrival
- The Captain reserves the right in changing the route in case of bad weather conditions
- Departures are guaranteed. Katarina Line reserves the right in cancelling departures with less than 10 participants and changing ship name if need arises
- Guests are obliged to follow ship rules (found in written form on the ship) especially with regards to bringing drinks on board.
- In case of bad behavior Katarina Line/captain reserves the right in asking clients to disembark
- From the day of confirmation up till 30 days prior to arrival – advance payment (EUR 150 per person) - non-refundable
- 29-22 days – 25% of the remaining balance
- 21-15 days – 50% of the remaining balance
- 14-0 days – 100% fee
- Name change / date change fee – 20 eur per person (valid only if the change is done up till 30 days prior booked departure, otherwise regular cancellation clause will be applied)
Katarina line highly recommends clients to take insurance against cancellation of reserved services! Katarina line offers a complete travel insurance package (travel health insurance, personal accident insurance, private liability, luggage insurance & trip cancellation). Additional information about travel insurance package can be found at ToS
Due specific mooring conditions and requirements in some Croatian ports, Katarina Line ships are moored side by side, making it necessary for the clients to cross from one ship to another with gaps in between ships in order to get to the shore. In such cases clients need to take special care when crossing and do this at their own risk. Crew assistance will be given to those needing and requesting it.