7 night cruises with guaranteed departures from ports of Split and Opatija
In 2013 Katarina Line is offering four naturist cruises on two different itineraries. Week long cruising along the Croatian coast and islands promises visiting historic towns and fascinating islands with plenty of opportunities for nude sun-bathing and swimming. Nudity will be normal and expected on board except when in port and during meal times.
1. Northern Route From Opatija
(departures on 15 June and 10 August 2013)
Route: OPATIJA – KRK – RAB – ZADAR – MOLAT – (Ilovik) LOŠINJ – CRES – OPATIJA
Saturday OPATIJA - ISLAND OF KRK
Departure is from Opatija harbor at 13:00. After lunch we stop to swim in the crystal clear sea then continue to the island of Krk - the biggest of the islands. Overnight in town of Krk and there you are able to explore the old town on your own.
Sunday ISLAND OF KRK - ISLAND OF RAB
Breakfast is served on the ship after which we sail to the Island of Rab, which is known as the “island of love”. The small town of Rab, where you will spend the night in the harbour, is encircled in medieval walls, Romanesque church towers, churches and palaces, stone streets and ancient facades.
Monday ISLAND OF RAB - ZADAR
After breakfast we cruise from Rab along the island of Pag with a swim stop on tiny island MAUN, and continue to towards Zadar in the afternoon where we spend the night in the port. Possibility to join our guided tour of the city in English. For centuries the metropolis of Dalmatia, and today the centre of the region, Zadar has been a city of rich monumental heritage of world importance visible at every step even today.
Tuesday ZADAR - ISLAND MOLAT or OLIB
Early departure for Island Molat or island Olib (depending on available space in the small harbours of these two islands). The Molat island is situated in the northern part of Zadar's archipelago. The peace, silence and necessary minimum of infrastructures (4 restaurants, 3 shops) guarantees an holiday far away from usual tourism. Olib is a place where you can rest your body and soul.
Wednesday ISLAND OF MOLAT or OLIB - ILOVIK - ISLAND OF LOŠINJ
After breakfast and morning swim, we sail to the peaceful island of flowers called Ilovik where we have a stop for swimming. Departure for the island of Mali Lošinj (lunch on route), which is one of the most popular islands on the northern Adriatic due to the abundance of pine trees and clear waters. Mali Lošinj is among those places with the sunniest days per year in Europe. Overnight in Mali Lošinj.
Thursday ISLAND OF LOŠINJ - ISLAND OF CRES
After a morning swim we leave for the island of Cres. This long and narrow island is covered with oak, beach and pine forests as well as vineyards and olive tree plantations. Cres and Mali Lošinj used to be one island but a channel dug by the Romans separates them. We spend the night in the harbor of the typical medieval city of Cres.
Friday ISLAND OF CRES - OPATIJA
After breakfast we leave to Opatija. On route you will have the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful view of famous Opatija Riviera. Arrival in the late afternoon. Possibility to join our English guided tour of Opatija immediately upon arrival to the port. For your last night on the ship we recommend you have a farewell party on the ship while exchanging addresses with other passengers who have by now become your new friends. You can also take a stroll along famous LUNGO MARE pathway to the fisherman village VOLOSKO – well known for good seafood restaurants.
After breakfast you will say goodbye to the crew and we hope to see you again aboard Katarina Line cruises.
2. Southern Route From Split
(departures on 08 June and 24 August 2013)
Route: SPLIT – OMIŠ/PUČIŠĆA – KORČULA – LASTOVO – Ravnik (Green cave) – KOMIŽA/VIS – Biševo (Blue cave) – STARIGRAD – BOL – SPLIT
Saturday SPLIT – OMIŠ/PUČIŠĆA
Departure from Split harbour at 13:00 and cruising along the Dalmatian coast. After disembarkation we will have lunch on board and a swim break. Depending on weather conditions we continue our cruise to town Omiš or Pučišća on the island Brač. Omiš is a picturesque town surrounded with steep rocky mountain cliffs, where the river Cetina flows into the Adriatic sea. Here you can try WHITE WATER rafting on the streams of the Cetina river, climb on the old fortress above the town, play volleyball on the beach or just take a walk through the old town of Omiš and discover the glorious and long history through the many historical monuments. Pučišća is typical Mediterranean place, situated on the northern side of the island Brač at the bottom of the deep bay. It is a cradle of world famous stone of Brač, and there you can find one of only few stone-masonry workshops in Europe. Possibility of visiting this stone-masonry workshop. In Pučišća you can enjoy in crystal clean sea, beautiful nature, domestic food, wine and olive oil.
Sunday OMIŠ/PUČIŠĆA – KORČULA
By the time you reach the deck area in the morning, Omiš/Pučišća will already be behind you. After a morning swim in a crystal blue sea, we cruise toward Korčula; the birthplace of Marco Polo. Lunch on board will be served either on the tip of the Pelješac peninsula (near Lovište) or in the quiet bay of Kneža on Korčula. Arrival to Korčula in the afternoon hours where each person can do their own sightseeing. According to legend Korčula was found by Trojan hero Anthenor in the 12th century BC. On this island you can find more legends, tales and monuments than anywhere else. For the evening hours we recommend you to visit one of numerous konobas of Korčula or enjoy the nearness bars. Overnight in port.
Monday KORČULA – LASTOVO
As a prelude to more cruising we suggest a short walk through the open market in Korčula where you can buy fresh fruit to enjoy during the day. We continue our cruise towards Lastovo, the furthest, inhabited island in Dalmatia, because of what the Romans called it the Imperial island. Docked in port of Ubli, one has the opportunity to visit protected Park of nature and enjoy in the virgin nature or visit the biggest place on the island – Lastovo and enjoy the walk through the alleys of old town. Island Lastovo is surrounded by many smaller islands, with plenty of bays suitable for snorkeling, but is also known for many little churches and unusual chimneys.
Tuesday LASTOVO – Ravnik (Green cave) – KOMIŽA/VIS
Early in the morning we depart toward island Vis, which was closed for many years to tourists. Vis was, because of its unique geographical position, a strategic harbour for the navy. Because of this isolation, Vis has a special charm of the ‘Mediterranean as it once was’ which makes it really interesting to see. Near Vis, there is little island Ravnik, where is situated Green cave. It was named after the unusual light that reflects in the sea from the hole on the top of the cave. If you are willing to, you can take a swim. Depend on the weather conditions, we sail further to the town of Komiža or Vis for the overnight. Komiža is a typical Mediterranean place on the western part of the island, where the fishery of the eastern part of the Adriatic coast was born. Enjoy the walk through the tight alleys and rich heritage, or maybe on one of the pebble beaches with fresh water springs, that stretch along the whole eastern side of the Komiža bay. The town of Vis is situated on the northern side of the island, and it was developed near the remains of the ancient Issa, first urban centre in Croatia, formed by the Greeks in 4th century B.C. If you are interested, you can visit the remains of the Roman terms, City museum or take a walk enjoying the view on the beautiful villae rusticae situated along the coast.
Wednesday KOMIŽA/VIS – Biševo (Blue cave) – STARIGRAD
Early in the morning we sail towards the little island Biševo to visit the Blue cave, beautiful natural phenomenon. As sometimes weather conditions can be very unpredictable, the possibility of your visit will depend on the conditions, however you will be notified about this by your captain/crew. After short visit of town Komiža/Vis (the one that we didn't spend the previous night in), we continue our sail towards Starigrad on the island Hvar, which is the sunniest Adriatic island. Free afternoon use to explore this unique town, whose field, as the oldest in Croatia and the best preserved ancient Greek dividing up of land on the whole Mediterranean, together with the city core is a part of World heritage protected by UNESCO.
Thursday STARIGRAD - BOL
After breakfast we cruise immediately towards the beautiful island of Brač and the famous town of Bol. Swimming is planned at one of the most famous beaches in Dalmatia – Zlatni Rat near Bol (the Golden cape - its gravel promontory shifts from side to side as the wind and waves constantly change in shape). Bol is a typical fisherman’s town turned into a popular tourist destination. Here we spend the night and have the opportunity to enjoy excellent fresh fish and other delicacies of this unique island.
Friday BOL – SPLIT
The last day is spend mostly swimming in different bays of the island of Brač. In the late afternoon hours we arrive back to Split, the second largest Croatian town and the capital of the region of Dalmatia. Split is a city under UNESCO protection, and its historical and cultural monuments belong not only to its inhabitants, but also to everyone who want to capture a piece of its thousand years old beauty. We offer you the possibility of joining our guided tour of the old city core (Diocletian's palace) with an English speaking guide.
Early breakfast after which it is time to say goodbye to the crew and all your new friends.
- Full Board supplement: EUR 115.- per person/week (gross), min.10 persons required
- Drink supplement: EUR 16.- per week (netto) – incl. choice of 1 drink - glass of wine, 1 beer or 1 soft drink with lunch
- Water Supplement: EUR 20.- per person per week (netto) – includes 1,5 l of water per person per day- to be paid on the spot
- English breakfast supplement: EUR 40.- per week (netto) - incl. 2 eggs, bacon, tomato and mushrooms, or fruit & yoghurt, or similar (regular continental breakfast included in price of the cruise includes: coffee, tea, milk, glass of juice, cereal, bread, a variety of spreads - butter, honey, jam, soft cheese; daily additions such as ham and cheese or boiled eggs, frankfurters, salami etc.)
- Captain’s dinner: EUR 25.- (netto) - choice of fish or meat menu - ship's specialty served
Wedding renewal package: EUR 100,- (netto) per couple – includes renewal ceremony performed by the captain, certificate, champagne, gift
- Daily cabin cleaning: EUR 15,- per person per week (netto) - daily making of the beds and rubbish disposal, fresh bed linens and towels midweek; to be ordered in advance!
- EXTRA TOWELS: Guests will be provided with two towels for personal use per week. Extra towels can be rented for EUR 3.- & beach towels EUR 5.- per week. Katarina Line beach towel can be purchased at arrival for EUR 10.-
- Parking: Possible from EUR 10. – 15.- daily (Opatija, Split)
- Airport transfers: Prices from EUR 50.- per transfer (up to 3 pax) from Split airport to Split port; in Opatija various airport possibilities (Zagreb, Trieste, Ljubljana, Venice) – price on request; FREE OF CHARGE local transfers for KL1 route
- Pre/post cruise accommodation: Prices starting from EUR 20.- per person/night depending on season and accommodation type (private accommodation, villa, hotels...)
- KL1 offers optional whole day excursion on Saturday after the cruise - PLITVICE LAKES – supplement approx. EUR 50,- per person (Visit the magic world of Plitvice Lakes, sixteen connected turquoise coloured lakes with crystal clear water and over hundred waterfalls. Pure nature, mountain forests and fresh air. The first and most beautiful national park in Croatia on the UNESCO World Heritage List. A full day tour, starting early in the morning and returning just for your dinner. One-day tour begins in the early morning hours (7:30 a.m.) while the return is scheduled in the evening (approx 7:00 p.m., includes coach transfer, guide, entrance to the park with boat and train ride in the park); comfortable shoes recommended
- KL1 offers optional whole day excursion on Saturday after the cruise – VENICE – supplement approx EUR 70,- per person ( A unique town in the world. Take a walk along the beautiful squares and picturesque bridges, take a gondola ride or just sip a Bellini cocktail. Departing from Opatija in the early morning (06:00 a.m. and transfer to Rovinj or Poreč for a 3 hour ship transfer to Venice. Guided sightseeing tour of Venice and opportunity to take part in a gondola or taxi boat ride. Return in the afternoon by ship to Rovinj or Porec followed by coach transfer to Opatija; includes bus and boat ride, guided sightseeing; passport required
- KL1 offers optional visit to a winery “Nada” in town of Vrbnik which lies on a cliff above the sea – supplement EUR 25,- per person (visit the famous wine region and town of Vrbnik, 15 min from the city of Krk, on Saturday upon arrival to island Krk. Transfer to a local winery for a presentation and tasting of the local wine along with a little snack (ham, cheese, olives, bread). Min 2 pax required.
- KL1 offers optional 4wheel drive adventure on island Cres and to Učka mountain – price and additional information on request
- KL3 offers optional RIVER RAFTING excursion on Cetina River on Saturday – supplement approx. EUR 30,00 per person (3 hrs of rafting taking in rapids, waterfalls, canyons, hidden caves, green woods, experience the refreshing clear water, heart pumping rapids combined with gentle streams; collected by mini-van and transported deep into the mountains where you can enjoy amazing views of this naturally green valley, on completion transfer back to the boats later in the evening)
- KL3 offers optional excursion to MOSTAR on Saturday after the cruise – supplement approx. EUR 68,- per person (experience Bosnia and Herzegovina's most beautiful city, view the iconic 'Stari Most'/Old Bridge, discover Ottoman and Turkish history – bus excursion /passport required)
- Optional guided sightseeing in English in following towns on following routes:
- Price EUR 10,00 per person for each guided tour; 10% discount available for 3 or more tours booked in advance
- KL1: OPATIJA ; RAB ; ZADAR
- KL3: SPLIT ; KORČULA
150 EUR per person upon reservation
Rest payment one month prior to arrival
- The Captain reserves the right in changing the route in case of bad weather conditions
- Departures are guaranteed. Katarina line reserves the right in cancelling departures with less than 10 participants and changing ship name if need arises
- Guests are obliged to follow ship rules (found in written form on the ship) especially with regards to bringing drinks on board.
- In case of bad behavior Katarina Line/captain reserves the right in asking clients to disembark
- From the day of confirmation up till 30 days prior to arrival – advance payment (EUR 200 per person) - non-refundable
- 29-22 days – 25% of the remaining balance
- 21-15 days – 50% of the remaining balance
- 14-0 days – 100% fee
- Name change / date change fee – 20 eur per person (valid only if the change is done up till 30 days prior booked departure, otherwise regular cancellation clause will be applied)