Walk & Hike Island Hopping Dalmatia
SPLIT – HVAR – PELJESAC– MLJET - KORCULA – BRAC - SPLIT
Walk & Hike Cruise - Dalmatia
Departures on: 18.05. & 21.09.2013.
This guided hiking tour in Dalmatia starts on Hvar Island and ends in on Brac Island. During your tour you will explore amazing coastlines, towns and old villages. You will hike the historic islands and explore Mljet National Park, climb some high peaks and relax on the beaches, eat delicious local food and try fine local vines. Croatia is a picturesque land of rich history, Mediterranean vegetation and mild climate and one of the finest ways of exploring it is on foot.
Saturday: Departure at 1pm with lunch as first service. The journey to the island of Hvar is the best time to meet your fellow passengers, the crew and the guide. Up on arrival in Stari Grad, one of Croatia’s oldest towns dating back to 385 BC, you will go for a light hike to warm up for the week. Overnight in the harbor of Stari Grad.
Walking time: approx.. 3 hours
Sunday: After breakfast you start a long and difficult but worth it hike across the island to the town of Hvar, where your ship will be waiting for you. On the way you will enjoy beautiful sights and pass lovely villages and upon reaching Hvar you can climb up to the Španjol, a citadel built on the site of a medieval castle to defend the town from the Turks.
Walking time: approx.. 6 hours
Monday: Early in the morning we leave the island of Hvar and navigate towards Peljesac peninsula, to a small village called Kucista. From this village we will embark on one of the most difficult hikes of the week, to the highest peak of the peninsula at the altitude of 961 m. The spectacular views will be well worth the steep and difficult climb of about 4 hrs. After climbing down back to the ship we will continue navigation further south, to the small village of Lumbarda on the island of Korcula, for a peaceful evening.
Walking time: approx. 7 hours
Tuesday: While we enjoy our breakfast the boat will take us to the lush green island of Mljet. Mljet National Park (entrance tickets not included) is a beautiful area of two connected salty lakes and in one of them there is another island with a 12th c. Benedictine monastery. This is an easy day of leisure after a difficult climb of the previous day. You can take a swim, go for a walk or even rent bikes and go for a ride. In the afternoon we continue navigation to the medieval town of Korcula which, along with Venice, proclaims to be the birthplace of Marco Polo. Overnight in Korcula.
Walking time: approx. 2 hours
Wednesday: Korčula is the island with the most abundant vegetation on the Adriatic. Our hike today takes us through vineyards and olive tree groves up to Pupnat, one of the oldest villages in Croatia, at the altitude of 370 m. After refreshments we head back down to Korcula where our ship awaits us to take us to the other end of the island, to a town of Vela Luka where we spend the night.
Walking time: approx. 4 hours
Thursday: Early in the morning we start navigation to the island of Brac and the town of Bol, known for its famous Golden Horn beach (about 2.5 km from the center). Our afternoon hike takes us to a tiny village of Murvica from where we start a visit to the Dragon Cave. Dragon Cave is a spectacular site, most famous for its reliefs which are not completely defined yet. During medieval times the Cave was a sanctuary for Glagolitic priests. It is a protected site and visit is only allowed with a local guide (not included in price; to be paid to guide on the spot). The visit to Cave excluding the hike takes about 2 hours before heading back to the ship. Overnight in Bol.
Walking time: approx. 5 hrs
Friday: In the morning, after early breakfast, we start another steep and difficult hike of about 3,5 hrs, to the highest point of the island, Vidova Gora at the altitude of 780 m. Vidova Gora is the highest point of all Croatian Island and gives fantastic views to the mainland and the neighboring islands. After climbing down to Bol, the ship will take us to Split, the monumental city under UNESCO protection. Here we find an abundance of Roman architecture and Diocletian’s Palace is of special interest. Overnight in Split.
Walking time: approx. 6 hrs
Saturday: Breakfast and disembarkation to make your own way home. Check out time: 9 amSWIMMING BREAKS: In good weather and depending on timing we will have regular stops for swimming while the ship anchors in secluded bays approximately 20-30 meters from the beach or after the hike before departure to next island.
HIKE ROUTE: The length of the daily hiking routes is estimated and informative and depends of various detours or short cuts that can be done on route. Sailing and hiking routes may be changed on the spot due to weather conditions and capability of the respective hikers on board. Departure depends on the programe.
FOOD: Half board is served on board: continental breakfast and either lunch or dinner. During our hiking routes we will recommend stops at local restaurants where you can sample the local specialties. These meals are not included in the price of the trip but are paid by the customers. Also there is a possibility to book a captain's dinner, which is paid directly on the spot and is offered by the captain and your tour guide.
ENTRANCE TICKETS to Mljet National Park and Dragon Cave are not included in price.
Guaranteed departures from Split on B category ship (cabins with bunk beds, washbasin and shared facilities) with half board service (continental breakfast & lunch or dinner according to itinerary)
Dates & Prices
Prices in EUR per person in double or twin room/cabin
18.05. & 21.09.
B CATEGORY UNDER DECK
B CATEGORY ON DECK
- Walk & hike cruise with professional guide; recommended hiking equipment (hiking shoes, backpack, extra clothes, rain/sun protection)
- Participant agrees to abide to the decisions and instructions given by the guide who reserves the right in changing the itinerary according to weather conditions
- Walk & hike cruise – is based on half board, breakfast and lunch or breakfast and dinner –depending on daily activities.
VISITOR’S TAX & PORT FEES for the cruise ARE NOT INCLUDED (to be paid on the spot on the ship) – EUR 20. - per person per week
- Entrance to National Parks: Prices vary from EUR 10. - 15.- per person depending on season and park
- Full Board supplement: EUR 115.- per person/week (gross), min.10 persons required
- Drink supplement: EUR 16.- per week (nett) –choice of 1 drink - glass of wine, 1 beer or 1 soft drink with lunch
- Water supplement: EUR 20.-per person per week (nett)– includes 1,5 l of water per person per day - to be paid on the spot
- English breakfast supplement: EUR 40.- per week (nett) - incl. 2 eggs, bacon, tomato and mushrooms, or fruit & yoghurt, or similar (regular continental breakfast on the cruise includes: coffee, tea, milk, glass of juice, cereal, bread, a variety of spreads - butter, honey, jam, soft cheese; daily additions such as ham and cheese or boiled eggs, frankfurters, salami etc.)
- Captain’s dinner: EUR 25.-(netto) choice of fish or meat menu - ship's speciality served.
- No towels provided on B category ships. Towels can be rented for EUR 3.- & beach towels EUR 5.- per week/towel.
Katarina Line beach towel can be purchased on arrival for EUR 10.-
- 150 EUR per person upon reservation
- Remainder payment one month prior to arrival
- The Captain reserves the right in changing the route in case of bad weather conditions
- Departures are guaranteed. Katarina line reserves the right in cancelling departures with less than 10 participants and changing ship name if need arises
- Guests are obliged to follow ship rules (found in written form on the ship) especially with regards to bringing drinks on board.
- In case of bad behavior Katarina Line/captain reserves the right in asking clients to disembark
From the day of confirmation up till 30 days prior to arrival – advance payment (EUR 150 per person) - non-refundable
29-22 days – 25% of the remaining balance
21-15 days – 50% of the remaining balance
14-0 days – 100% fee
Name/date change fee – 20 EUR per person (valid only if the change is done up till 30 days prior booked departure, otherwise regular cancellation clause will be applied
KATARINA LINE RECOMMENDS TRAVEL INSURANCE FOR CANCELLATION OF RESERVED SERVICES!!!