Walk & Hike Island Hopping Kvarner Bay
OPATIJA - RAB - MALI LOŠINJ - MALI LOŠINJ - MARTINŠČICA - CRES – OPATIJA
Walk & Hike Cruise - Kvarner Bay
Departures on: 25.05., 22.06. and 05.10.2013.
Enjoy the serenity of the Kvarner Bay and surrounding islands with their numerous trails where nature and tradition along with astonishing views of the islands form a unique experience for all your senses.Walk and/or hike (with Katarina Line guide) across the island where the ship waits to pick you up to take you onto the next island for you to explore on foot!
Saturday: Arrival at Opatija harbor to meet your crew. Lunch on board is followed by sightseeing of Opatija and a walk along along the famous Franz Josef promenade - Lungo Mare. Evening at leisure to enjoy in the numerous cafes and restaurants in Opatija or in the fishermen's village of Volosko.
Sunday: After breakfast walk along the seaside promenade to Lovran from where our ship picks us up to take us to the island of love – Rab. Lunch and swim break on route. Overnight in the charming town of Rab well known by its four towers and astonishing architecture.
Walking time approx. 3 hours
Monday: After breakfast we hike up to Straza (409m) to enjoy the breathtaking view of the mainland and the islands of Kvarner bay. Descend to the ship for lunch and cruise towards the magical island of Mali Losinj with possible stop for a swim in a protected bay. Evening at leisure with overnight in the largest town of all the Kvarner bay islands, Mali Losinj.
Hiking time approx. 5 hours
Tuesday: After breakfast we walk from Mali Losinj to the Sveti Ivan (234m) hill, and then in the direction of Veli Losinj for a swim / coffee break. This picturesque setting in the densely forested surrounding hills with its high old stone houses and gardens make it an impressive site. After a break we head back to Mali Losinj for another overnight.
Hiking time approx. 4 hours
Wednesday: Morning cruise to the old town of Osor, situated between the islands of Mali Losinj and Cres. Hiking route from Osor takes us uphill to the mountain cabin Osorcica (approx. 308m), where lunch is served. A glorious view stretches from Osorscica over Nerezine and Losinj, the open sea and the surrounding islands: Cres, Susak, Sarkane and Unije lay in the palm of your hand. Return to the ship and continue to Martinscica bay on Cres island for dinner and overnight.
Hiking time approx. 5 hours
Thursday: After breakfast the cruise on longest and possibly most beautiful and colorful hiking tour. At first we climb up 280m to the village of Vidovici, then continue walking along drywalls alongside sheep towards a Pine forest to reach its peak Helm (482m). The route then continues to Lubenice village. After lunch – we continue to Valun a small port where the ship takes us to Cres for dinner and sleepover.
Hiking time approx. 7 hours
Friday: Early morning cruise to Opatija from where we have a transfer to the top of Ucka mountain. The luscious plant carpet distinguishes the Natural preserve massif from the rest of the mountains along the coast –line. The forests of Ucka offer a pleasant freshness in the summer time, and the peak offers a unique view. Lunch break on the peak itself, followed by a descend to Opatija – the pearl of Adriatic. Sleepover Opatija.
Hiking time approx. 6 hours.
Saturday: Disembarkment around 9 am, after breakfast.
Guaranteed departures from Opatija on A category ship (cabins with private facilities and mostly bunk beds) with half board service (continental breakfast & lunch or dinner according to itinerary)
Dates & Prices
Prices in EUR per person in double or twin room/cabin
A CATEGORY UNDER DECK
A CATEGORY ON DECK
Walk & hike cruise with professional guide; recommended hiking equipment (hiking shoes, backpack, extra clothes, rain/sun protection)
Participant agrees to abide to the decisions and instructions given by the guide who reserves the right in changing the itinerary according to weather conditions
Walk & hike cruise – is based on half board, breakfast and lunch or breakfast and dinner –depending on daily activities.
VISITOR’S TAX & PORT FEES for the cruise ARE NOT INCLUDED (to be paid on the spot on the ship) – EUR 20. - per person per week
- Entrance to National Parks: Prices vary from EUR 10. - 15.- per person depending on season and park
- Full Board supplement: EUR 115.- per person/week (gross), min.10 persons required
- Drink supplement: EUR 16.- per week (nett) –choice of 1 drink - glass of wine, 1 beer or 1 soft drink with lunch
- Water supplement: EUR 20.-per person per week (nett)– includes 1,5 l of water per person per day - to be paid on the spot
- English breakfast supplement: EUR 40.- per week (nett) - incl. 2 eggs, bacon, tomato and mushrooms, or fruit & yoghurt, or similar (regular continental breakfast on the cruise includes: coffee, tea, milk, glass of juice, cereal, bread, a variety of spreads - butter, honey, jam, soft cheese; daily additions such as ham and cheese or boiled eggs, frankfurters, salami etc.)
- Captain’s dinner: EUR 25.-(netto) choice of fish or meat menu - ship's speciality served.
- No towels provided on B category ships. Towels can be rented for EUR 3.- & beach towels EUR 5.- per week/towel.
Katarina Line beach towel can be purchased on arrival for EUR 10.-
- 150 EUR per person upon reservation
- Remainder payment one month prior to arrival
- The Captain reserves the right in changing the route in case of bad weather conditions
- Departures are guaranteed. Katarina line reserves the right in cancelling departures with less than 10 participants and changing ship name if need arises
- Guests are obliged to follow ship rules (found in written form on the ship) especially with regards to bringing drinks on board.
- In case of bad behavior Katarina Line/captain reserves the right in asking clients to disembark
From the day of confirmation up till 30 days prior to arrival – advance payment (EUR 150 per person) - non-refundable
29-22 days – 25% of the remaining balance
21-15 days – 50% of the remaining balance
14-0 days – 100% fee
Name/date change fee – 20 EUR per person (valid only if the change is done up till 30 days prior booked departure, otherwise regular cancellation clause will be applied
KATARINA LINE RECOMMENDS TRAVEL INSURANCE FOR CANCELLATION OF RESERVED SERVICES!!!