Young and Fun Cruise - South
Cruising with vintage motor-sailing ships along the magnificent Dalmatian coastline & islands
SATURDAY SPLIT – MAKARSKA
Board just before lunch, a great way to meet your fellow travellers. We start to cruise at 13.00 h towards Makarska and on route the ship will stop in Krilo Jesenice to join optional river rafting on the Cetina River! Transfers and equipment will be provided so all you have to do is to enjoy this adventure and have a great time. The ship will dock overnight in Makarska port. Enjoy Makarska's night life till the early hours and visit the famous cave disco.
SUNDAY MAKARSKA – MLJET
Early morning departure towards Mljet with the first stop on the Peljesac peninsula for a refreshing swim, something that you will be able to experience every day on this cruise. The Island of Mljet is the home of the Mljet National Park, so take the afternoon to explore the wonderful salt water lakes and the emerald green forest that embraces them. Your entrance ticket will include a boat ride to St. Mary's Isle, located on the Big Lake. To explore the rest of the park, you can rent bicycles, scooters or cars on the spot in the port of Pomena. Overnight in the ports of Pomena or Polace.
MONDAY MLJET – DUBROVNIK
We leave peaceful Mljet and cruise to the world famous town of Dubrovnik, with another short swim stop before we get there in the afternoon. To fully understand the story behind this historic town and its monumental walls, our guide will take you on a walking tour and discover the whole history of this once highly important and independent republic. Taking a walk on the very walls is a must, but for an unforgettable finish we can arrange on request a kayaking tour around the Dubrovnik walls. Those will be some photos you'll take! The ship will overnight in Dubrovnik, so get yourself ready for a night out in, what many people call, the most beautiful city in the world.
TUESDAY DUBROVNIK – TRSTENIK
Morning at leisure to enjoy Dubrovnik and take a ride in the cable car for a magnificent view of the old town and the surrounding islands. Around noon the ship will continue to the town of Trstenik, where you can enjoy a wine tasting experience in the local winery. The rest of the afternoon is reserved for swimming on Trstenik's charming beach, which you can prolong as long as you want since the ship will offer a Captain's dinner and overnight there.
WEDNESDAY TRSTENIK – KORČULA
After breakfast the ship will depart for Korčula, where we will arrive in the late afternoon. Korčula is believed to be the birth place of Marco polo, but it is also famous for its scenic city walls and the impressive fish bone street alignment, which you will surely notice while exploring this charming town. Once the night falls get ready to go out in style and visit Dos Locos cocktail bar amongst many others...
THURSDAY KORČULA –HVAR
The ship will depart Korčula in the morning, and the swim stop of the day will be on Paklinski Islands, where a volleyball tournament can be arranged at Carpe Diem Beach Bar. Don't stress yourself too much since you will be arriving to Hvar later in the day. This jet-set town is known for its nightlife and the bars. It's the place to be, so get yourself dressed and ready to go! The most famous bars are Carpe Diem, Kiva, Sidro, Nautica and many others...
FRIDAY HVAR (Bol) - SPLIT
After a vibrant and long night what better cure than the enchanting sand and pebbles of the Golden cape beach in Bol on the Island of Brac. Soak up the sun on this popular beach or cycle around the area on the Bol promenade made entirely out of the white Brac stone. After a swim break and lunch you will arrive back to Split for your last overnight. Don't miss out on seeing the numerous sights and shops in this city, feel it's beauty and night life and see why it's exciting and serene at the same time. The UNESCO protected Diocletian Palace, which is now integrated and is the heart of the city, cannot be missed!
Early breakfast after which it is time to say goodbye to the crew and all your new friends.
- Entrance to National Park MLJET
- Approx. EUR 10. - 15.- per person depending on season
- Drink supplement
- EUR 16.- per week (netto) – incl. choice of 1 drink - glass of wine, 1 beer or 1 soft drink with lunch
- WATER SUPPLEMENT
- EUR 15.- per person per week (netto) – includes 1 l of water per person per day- to be paid on the spot
- English breakfast supplement
- EUR 40.- per week (netto) - incl. 2 eggs, bacon, tomato and mushrooms, or fruit & yoghurt, or similar (regular continental breakfast included in price of the cruise includes: coffee, tea, milk, glass of juice, cereal, bread, a variety of spreads - butter, honey, jam, soft cheese; daily additions such as ham and cheese or boiled eggs, frankfurters, salami etc.)
- Captain’s dinner
- Barbacue and Captain’s dinner approx. EUR 20.- each
- On A cat. Ships the guests will be provided with 2 towels for personal use per week. No towels provided on B category ships. Towels can be rented for EUR 3.- & beach towels EUR 5.- per week. Katarina Line beach towel can be purchased at arrival for EUR 10.-
- Airport transfers
- EUR 50.- per transfer (up to 3 pax) from Split airport to Split port
- Pre/post cruise accommodation
- Prices starting from EUR 20.- per person/night depending on season and accommodation type (private accommodation, villa, hotels...)
Optional ACTIVE EXCURSION PACKAGE - price EUR 70. - per person including:
Cetina River Rafting
This is one of the most popular adventure activities in this area. The rapids of Cetina River are not difficult but it is still fun and exciting and the scenery is breath taking. Wear a swimsuit, shorts, a T-shirt, and you should put on flip-flops or sandals. Also bring a towel and a change of clothes as you will most likely get wet. Remember to take a bottle of water with you. Tour includes: bus transfer to and from the ship and instructor guide. Life vest and helmets are provided. Duration approximately 5 hours. Price of rafting is EUR 30.-
City Walls Kayaking Dubrovnik
This is a wonderful way to explore Dubrovnik and enjoy the fantastic view of the city walls. On the tour you will visit the island Lokrum with beautiful botanical garden and monastery (tickets included in price) and you will also have a chance to do some snorkelling (equipment included in price). Waterproof bags and water available and included in price. Price EUR 35.-
Rent-a-bike island Mljet
Most of the island Mljet is a National Park so enjoy the beautiful nature and rent a bike at the special price of EUR 12.- for 3 hours.
Optional excursion to MOSTAR on Saturday after the cruise – supplement approx. EUR 68.- per person (experience Bosnia and Herzegovina's most beautiful city, view the iconic 'Stari Most'/Old Bridge, discover Ottoman and Turkish history – bus excursion /passport required)
Cable car in Dubrovnik - possibility to enjoy cable car ride to Srđ Mountain and get bird’s eye views of the old city - supplement EUR 12.-
Optional sightseeing in following towns:
SPLIT, KORČULA, HVAR (DUBROVNIK is already included) - Price EUR 10.- per person for each guided tour; 10% discount available for 3 or more tours booked in advance
- 150 EUR per person upon reservation
- Rest of the payment one month prior to arrival
- The Captain reserves the right in changing the route in case of bad weather conditions
- Departures are guaranteed. Katarina line reserves the right in cancelling departures with less than 10 participants and changing ship name if need arises
- Guests are obliged to follow ship rules (found in written form on the ship) especially with regards to bringing drinks on board.
- In case of bad behavior Katarina Line/captain reserves the right in asking clients to disembark
From the day of confirmation up till 30 days prior to arrival – advance payment (EUR 150 per person) - non-refundable
29-22 days – 25% of the remaining balance
21-15 days – 50% of the remaining balance
14-0 days – 100% fee
Name/date change fee – 20 EUR per person (valid only if the change is done up till 30 days prior booked departure, otherwise regular cancellation clause will be applied
KATARINA LINE RECOMMENDS TRAVEL INSURANCE FOR CANCELLATION OF RESERVED SERVICES!!!