Croatian Rhapsody Tour
Charming Mediterranean Experience
9 day tour of Croatia from Zagreb to Dubrovnik
DAY 1 ZAGREB (D)
Individual arrival in Zagreb, transfer to the hotel (driving time 20 to 45 min). Welcome drink and group get together. Acquaint yourself with your tour manager and others over a plate of Štrukli, a local speciality in the Zagreb area.
DAY 2 ZAGREB – OPATIJA (B,D)
After breakfast, enjoy a walking tour of Zagreb with an English speaking guide. In the fortified, medieval Upper Town, you will visit St. Mark’s church, with its multicolour tiled roof, Parliament, the government palace, and many fine old buildings. After the sightseeing we proceed to Opatija (driving time 2:30h), situated on the picturesque Kvarner Bay, which used to be the favorite spa resort of the Habsburgs and the European aristocracy including famous personalities such as Mahler, Chekhov and Isadora Duncan. Dinner and overnight in Opatija.
DAY 3 ISTRIA EXCURSION (B,L)
Today it's time to get to know the Istrian penisula and visit the 2000 year old roman Colosseum located in Pula. Afterwards we will relax in Rovinj, perhaps the most beautiful city in Istria and the inspiration of many artists. Time at leisure in Rovinj and departure towards Livade for a sample of one the Istrian tastiest treasures, the truffle. Dinner and overnight in Opatija. (departure at 9:00h, return around 18:00h)
DAY 4 OPATIJA – PLITVICE LAKES (B,D)
The most beautiful and oldest national park in Croatia under UNESCO protection – consisted of 16 lakes connected by magnificent waterfalls. The park is located in Lika mountain region and visited mostly on foot – however the entrance includes a boat ride across the Emerald Green Lake “Kozjak” and a train ride back to the main entrance. The visit of the park grounds takes approx. 3 hours. Dinner at the Plitvice lakes in the famous “Lička kuća” restaurant and overnight in Plitvice area. (Driving time approx.. 3:00h)
DAY 5 PLITVICE LAKES – ŠIBENIK – SPLIT (B,L)
After breakfast at the hotel, we drive down from the mountain region of Lika via the coast towards the city of Šibenik. The historic town of Šibenik is rich in cultural and historical monuments. The most representative among them is the famous Cathedral of Šibenik (St. Jacobs), one of the most original architectural projects of the late Middle Ages, primarily linked to the local master Juraj Matejev Dalmatinac (George of Dalmatia). From Šibenik we continue to the Bibich Winery for a gourmet experience that is more than a simple wine tasting. The winery burnt to the ground during the war is now producing rewarded wines and exporting 80% of their production to USA & Scandinavia. We will taste the dalmatian Debit white wine and Cuvee of Shiraz & Merlot, accompanied with delicious Croatian style Tapas. Departure towards Split for overnight. (total driving time 4 to 5h)
DAY 6 SPLIT & TROGIR Sightseeing (B,L)
Today’s Split is the handiwork of seventeen centuries of men and women building and remodeling, adding, tearing down and touching up, so that 18th century houses intersect with ancient Roman walls and fourth century chambers house twentieth century apartments. At the core of this sprawling cityscape is the palace the Emperor Diocletian built for his golden years at the turn of the fourth century. Today's lunch will be the traditional Dalmatian dish – Pašticada which we will taste at the Tragos restaurant in Trogir. The town of Trogir, a UNESCO site, has a fascinating 2300 years of continuous urban tradition. Its rich culture was created under the influence of old Greeks, Romans, and Venetians. Trogir has a high concentration of palaces, churches, and towers, as well as a fortresses on a small island. Sometimes referred to as the floating museum town.
DAY 7 SPLIT – STON – DUBROVNIK (B,L, D)
On our way to Dubrovnik we will stop in the town of Ston, where we visit the "MILOŠ" winery and taste the famous “Plavac Mali” wine, a very close relative to the Zinfandel. In this winery the traditional wine making business has been passed on for generations, offering a unique story everyone wants to hear. The wine tasting includes a wine presentation on all the specifics of the wine-making process, a visit to the old part of the cellar, wine tasting and a short movie about Plavac mali, Peljesac peninsula and the Milos wines. Arrival in Dubrovnik and overnight. (driving time 5 hours)
DAY 8 DUBROVNIK (B)
Completed in the thirteen century, the old city Dubrovnik has remained basically unchanged since. Its medieval ramparts encircle the city which pedestrians can enter through one of two gates - either way, they cross a stone bridge under the watchful gaze of the city’s patron Saint Blaise (Vlaho), to find themselves joining the evening promenade down the broad, stone-paved avenue known as Stradun. After the sightseeing free time to explore the city on your own. Overnight in Dubrovnik
DAY 9 DUBROVNIK (B) After Breakfast end of the roundtrip. Individual transfers to the airport are included, or a choice of optional excursions, cruises and hotel stay.
Dates & Prices
· All transfers as per itinerary in modern motor-coach / van with A/C
· qualified and licensed tour manager during the entire trip
· welcome drink and info meeting on day 1.
· 8 x BB in **** Hotels, except 3* on Plitvice lakes & city taxes
· 4 x dinner in hotel restaurants
· 4 x high quality gastronomical experiences in wineries and local restaurants as per itinerary (Zigante Truffels / Bibich winery /restaurant Tragos / Milos winery)
· local guides in Zagreb, Šibenik, Dubrovnik, Trogir, Split
· entrances: Pula Colosseum, Diocletian Palace Split, Cathedral in Šibenik, Franciscan monastery in Dubrovnik, Plitvice lakes
· Hotel “Dubrovnik”, Zagreb
· Hotel “Kristal”, "Palace-Bellevue" - refurbished and upgraded to 4* in 2014, Opatija
· Hotel "Degenija", "Sedra", “Grabovac”, Plitvice region
· Boutique Hotel "Luxe", hotel “President”, Split
·Hotel “Lacroma”, "argosy" - refurbished and upgraded to 4* in 2014, Dubrovnik
* tour manager
* transfers to and from the airports
* welcome drink and info meetings
* 8 x breakfast in 4 star hotels. except 3* at Plitvice lakes
* 4 x dinner in hotel restaurants
* 4 x high quality gastronomical experiences in wineries and local restaurants as per itinerary (Zigante Truffels/Bibich winery /restaurant Tragos/Milos winery)
* local guides in Zagreb, Šibenik, Dubrovnik, Trogir and Split
*entrances: Pula Colosseum, Diocletian palace Split, Cathedral in Šibenik, Franciscan monastery in Dubrovnik, Plitvice lakes
OPTIONAL (post tour services):
A. Croatian island cruise
- 7 day cruise starting on Sunday from Dubrovnik (KL5 route)
- visit of the most beautiful Adriatic Islands: Korcula, Brac, Hvar, Mljet...
- half board and accommodation on A or A+ category ships prices, conditions & commission as per contract
- rates starting from EUR 380 per person per week!
- Montenegro Excursion 50eur
- Dubrovnik hinterland Folklore show 30 eur
- Private visit of the Crvik winery 50 eur
- prolong your stay in Dubrovnik or any
other beach resort in Croatia or Montenegro